It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hughes waves hit the coastline of Peru and Chile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Just saw this news story on BBC and wondered if it was linked to something more..?

www.bbc.co.uk...

We are not talking mega sunamis but 7 - 9 Metre waves that are significantly more intense than seen before.....

Linked to EQ at sea, increased volcanic activity, change in sea currents..?

Regards

pDUK

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Yeah, I read about it yesterday. They said it will continue until sunday. Worse part is in Chile, waves pushing cars out of the road.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
May sound a bit glib but I remember a programme on the Discovery channel, that showed the signs of waves on the side of pyramids and stones which the archaelogist thought was a warning against the power of waves. Are these waves a phenomena for this part of the world I wonder.

We have lived through such a period of stability (not so much comparatively recently since the Christmas sunami etc) but suddemnly its like the planet is waking up and starting to give itself a good shake. A situation the ancients certainly feared and knew about.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I agree...... Maybe we have lived in a settled time but things are 'a changing.....

I read this other ATS thread today
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And if this goes off then the world will be a different place for a while.....

Back to the waves, I didn't see any surfers trying their luck....... I think the waves intensity and power are a step up.....

Regards and enjoy the weekend ....... You never know

PDUK

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK7 - 9 Metre waves that are significantly more intense than seen before.....

Where did you get that 9 meter info??

In that BBC link you gave, it only says 5 to 7 meter waves.

Poor seals though, wish they tried to rescue those poor animals.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

The article may have been edited - the BBC do that as new information comes in.

As for the OP, interesting but nothing major. We are talking a country that faces the worlds largest Ocean and expanse of water. If it was an EQ it would have been picked up by monitoring. Could it be a storm?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Ted Hughes?
Howard Hughes?

What kind of Hughes waves are we talking about here?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

HAHAHA, totally missed that!

Nice spot

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I S@F because I thought it an interesting coincidence also. Not worried about the end of the world.

Just wonder whats going on under the water, and if there is any correlation between the two

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I thought Howard was dead! You mean he's still affecting world events? Amazing. Does he still have a beard and save his urine in glass jars?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
Ted Hughes?
Howard Hughes?

What kind of Hughes waves are we talking about here?
Ride a huge Hughes and you may just lose ....

edit on 8-7-2013 by Timely because: punctuation and fun

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh, we just started to piss off mother earth with our ignorance, she is showing us who is boss. All the weapons and technology that mankind has is nothing compared to what mother earth can unleash. If we keep testing her patients she will show us who is boss.

Hughes sounds like very impressive waves.
edit on 8-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hughes waves? As in Howard Hughes? Jesus freaking Christ, I thought he was dead! We've just entered an alternative universe people! I call dibs on all the baked goods, we Venusians love baked goods....a century from now, I'll still be eating twinkies made yesterday.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not to bum anyone out but this isn't that unusual. This is a mix of large, long and medium period groundswell coming together with locally stormy conditions. It's winter down there right now and all those southern hemi storms are just pushing swell at the coastline.

Plenty of multidirectional swells.

Take a peek at 100°W x 60°S ....42ft + seas!!

edit on 8-7-2013 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

Yep, it's not even a storm surge, nothing to worry about. Surfers ride 100ft swells all the time in the Mavericks.

It's not the height of the waves that matters when it comes to coastal property damage, it's the amount of water, energy, and water level which tsunamis and storm surges are quite infamous!

new topics

top topics

join