It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Demands $700,000 from Michigan Farm Family and the Destruction of 70 Farm Animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So, the Michigan government has waged war on farms with pigs that "look different" from the domesticated pigs used in factory farms. While factory farms destroy health and well being with chemicals and hormones the family farm in Michigan is being attacked with discriminatory rules and regulations.

The new rule, as described in the Invasive Species Order ( ISO) and declaratory ruling-- is touted to control feral pigs (roaming wild) the state says–yet these pigs are already under control by hunters. The ISO clearly states can mean any type of pig. If a pig has a curly tail or a straight tail, ears that are with erect or floppy, striped piglets, hair on the underbelly, certain colors including being black, then these are “wild or feral hogs” even if on a farm behind fences. Approved, exempted swine include those raised in huge hog houses called CAFOs (Confined or concentrated animal feeding operations (commonly called factory farms) and the young pigs raised by farmers under contact with CAFOs contract. These CAFO owners have contracts with the giant food processors controlled by four companies. (The largest US pork producer is Smithfield –sold last month to the Chinese.)

source

Crush the small farmer for the corporate factory farm, and destroy someone from being self-sufficient. All the while Monsanto destroys crops as we know them.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

Here's an unbiased source:

www.npr.org...

Much less hyperbole

edit on 6-7-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Alright, this is how I see this and every other screw up, from the environment to you name it, it is all the government's fault, every step of the way.

The government not only allowed freighters into the great lakes but they totally encouraged it, now we have the zebra mussel and too many others to mention. They allowed and encouraged the Asian carp for use in the catfish farming industry, now the carp are a huge problem. They encouraged imports from all over the world with little over sight, now we have the emerald ash borer beetle. The government encouraged and licensed the game preserves and now we have wild pigs and European deer, etc.

So, bottom line is, they caused the all the problems and want to make the citizen pay the price. Screw you government! You allow GMOs and every other God forsaken toxic crap into our environment and tell us we are the problem! The people who filled out the paper work and paid the license fees did so in good faith, and now they are the bad guys. I want to swear right now, just fill in the blanks with the filthiest language you can come up with.
edit on 6-7-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typos

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
ok NPR is an unbiased source and states this in their own article.

In a ruling, the agency listed eight visual characteristics they argue are common to Russian boar and their hybrids. The wording indicates that a pig with just one of the listed characteristics could potentially be identified as a Russian boar or Russian boar hybrid. But critics, including Michigan state Sen. Joe Hune, say those guidelines are overly vague. If "the tail is either curly or straight, you can be a felon for owning that hog," Hune says.

Wildlife biologist Shannon Hanna, who is overseeing the agency's order, concedes that "some of the characteristics in the ruling are similar to a domestic hog breed," like light-colored underfur and striped piglets. But, she says, "it is highly unlikely that we would just pull one characteristic out of there." The agency's use of the word "feral" in the order has also further stoked the debate. "How can the DNR say that the pigs that are under my control, livin' in my barns — how can they say that they are feral?" asks farmer Mark Baker. So Baker filed suit against the agency, and gathered his kids and some squirming Russian piglets to make his case in a . Before it knew it, the DNR found itself in a massive food fight.

That is like the Government saying at this point,"we have the ability to intercept all communications, but we would never do that.(creepy smile).

edit on 6-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here is an update to the ongoing situation with heritage pigs in Michigan.

Source:
Farmer Threatened With Ruby Ridge Type Raid

Mark received an email from a friend on January 17. This friend has a co-worker that had a conversation with a USDA official (at their work place) where this USDA official was asked his opinion about the Mark Baker case. This person apparently became very unsettled and replied "there is no way in hell that I am going to his [Baker's] place, nor any other person from the Michigan Dept. of Agriculture and Rural Development. We have been briefed by our chain of command that the only people allowed to go to his (Baker's Green Acres) place are armed DNR agents". He continued, "We were also told that he [Mark Baker] is a gun waving lunatic". Nothing could be further from the truth!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I went through the video presented by the farmer. I think I see where this is coming from, and going.

In my opinion, the orders came from high up, as in 'we owe you, China, so how's about this'?

A little Waco meets Walmart in the heartland. Destination, NWO, one man at a time.

Yeah, a smear job.

I thought Michigan was full of freedom loving Constitution waving 'this can't happen here/not on our watch' types.

You see...that is precisely the problem. A-and 'the smartest, most fit to run things', have simply concentrated their efforts here.

Just like the zionists dropping from the national scene (ie., the Daley for Rahm trade in that Chicago) in order to keep a lower profile as they batten down the hatches, city to town to household, just as you were warned. You can expect their presence at any and all local throw downs and hoe downs, dressed in the latest disco garb, chain wallets, plaid shirts, cowboy boots, the works. Yee-haw, handing out awards, and steering discussions, funneling all energy into their agenda.

They have been found out, so they have dressed themselves down, so to 'fit in'. This means all the local cops have been bought, and blackmailed, into submission. This is why in my little town, all the police scanners have gone silently encrypted. I would have to break the law to listen to them, which is unthinkable, yet it has happened.

I have a good understanding of how this works. I have seen it up close, and personal. They see a target, they knock that target down. Character assassination often comes just before the real thing, and I have seen this set up go down, in the most vile of police chatter volleys, frame up attempts, and failed arrests. I am blessed to be breathing at this moment. Supernaturally blessed.

To those behind the scenes, this is how they derive, and limit, their concept framework, of God: sometimes their assassination attempts are thwarted. Sometimes, their greed is turned into momentary fear. This, to them, is 'God'. No more, no less. There is no room for 'wonder'. God is simply an inconvenient truth, soon to be eliminated. More on that, later.

It's later than we think.

# 147
edit on 11-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Wild non-native boar are an epidemic and honestly need to be thinned out as they're killing native species, destroying our wild areas, ruining crops, and are a terrible menace.

Some the smarter ones stake out the cattle feed area, run the cattle off and GORGE here in PA. They'll even take a chance on a kid, on a lamb or a new born calf. A family that rides at the the same barn where I board my 2 draft horses lost 2 kids and a lamb from their livestock to the wild hogs. Ate those newborns up like marshmallows.

I've personally seen 2 that each were the size of a love seat, but with tusks. Got the one that didn't run off, my 45-70 anchored him to his spot. He was one of the ones that had gotten the kids and the lamb.

Derek

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Michigan is clearly beyond redemption in almost every single governmental category it has so everything they do needs to be seen through the prism of gross, unparalleled incompetence. With that out of the way I have an idea. It seems insane, really crazy insane, beyond all reason in this modern day and age: DNA testing.

I know it sound nuts. I know DNA testing costs over 10 million dollars per test, but it seems to me that the "oh so infinitely wise state" could establish a DNA profile of the pigs, hogs, or pig/hogs they want killed dead yesterday and post that profile for public and court review. Then, they could go the farm owner and ask, "gee sir, could you test your pigs, or hogs, or pig/hogs for this DNA code and kill off the one's that fit the profile."

I know this idea will cost 100 million dollars at least. So the idea is beyond unreasonable, so they really need to just ask for a drone strike on the entire property. We will all be better off after that, I know I will.

The folks from, or living in Michigan seem a decent lot. The government of Michigan seems to set a standard for gross incompetence that defies all reason. Look up Highland Park Water Fiasco for a taste of true insanity.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Baker raises pigs. Pigs are not dairy animals. Pigs do not lay eggs.
Baker says this:

Mark Baker contends he's fond of his swine, just as he's fond of his dogs. "They can't force me to shoot an animal. I won't do it. I refuse to do it," he says.

www.npr.org...

He is free to slaughter and market his livestock. Or all they all pets?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You raise the adult breeding stock and you get familiar with them. You also don't slaughter them, not until they get too old to be of practical use and maybe not even then depending on your operation. It's the young piglets that get raised that you don't get attached to.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Some people like me love Wild non-native boar meat.

I do not care for the overly fat big farm pig meat.

Smoked Wild boar bacon is something you will love and what the big companies hate because you will be hooked.

Even hybrid hogs are a lot better meat then the big company hogs.

1000s of wild boar are exported from Texas to France every year because the french know good hogs.
edit on 12-2-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join