It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Appliances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've been hearing about how some new appliances have video and audio recording capabilities. This seem a bit outrageous that my washer is spying on me, but not so much that my TV is. Has anyone ever found any evidence of recording devices in any appliance. Not including PC, MAC's, Laptops etc.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm watching you now !

edit on 6-7-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by geist0108

I remember back in the day all us kids thought Furbys were just a front to bring spy technology into our homes. However, I think any appliance can be tampered with to put spy gadgets in them. It's not so far-fetched if you ask me. You can hide a cam or a mic in just about anything if you wanted to.

edit on 6-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by geist0108

A CIA person was already quoted stating that your dishwasher will be able to spy on you. I feel this is less in the way of an audio video record, but more in the way of how things are used. As in, the dishwasher is able to track dishes placed in it, how many, how often, and when they are removed. This information gives an idea of how much food is being consumed, whether you're a filthy pig or not, and approximately how many people are eating in the home.

I feel this type of tech will be sold as a 'for the benefit of' tech. As in, Save The Children: with new Refrigerator Tracking, we can be sure no kid is starving, we will be able to determine how much and what types of food are in a home, and whether it's adequate enough to feed the number of kids known to live there, etc. See how that works? I could keep going.

Wired

top topics

join