It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Monitoring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am curious how many ATS member are actually government agents. This is the perfect place to monitor who knows what and who's saying what. Can the moderator see if there are any government ISP's are accessing this site?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by geist0108

Ah. Lot of hands went up on that question. Lemme get a quick count... Oh my! Now they're putting them back down. Sorry--couldn't get a good count on that; but someone should be along shortly with all the details....

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Definition of RHETORICAL

a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric
b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected

I didn't expect anyone to know.

Definition of WISEASS

: smart aleck
— wiseass adjective
See wiseass defined for English-language learners »
Examples of WISEASS

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Definition of RHETORICAL

a : of, relating to, or concerned with rhetoric
b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected rhetorical question>

Definition of WISEASS

: smart aleck
— wiseass adjective
See wiseass defined for English-language learners »
Examples of WISEASS

ine, you're right, but there was no reason to be such a wiseass

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by geist0108

b : employed for rhetorical effect; especially : asked merely for effect with no answer expected

Why did you start a thread that you expected no one to be able to answer to and then chastise them for answering?

Anyway, anyone can monitor the site if they want to. I don't think a gov IP address need be involved; obviously if it were monitored, they wouldn't leave a trail. It's an interesting notion though, but you have to imagine that everything online is under some kind of scrutiny from someone. Right?

edit on 6-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Anyone smart enough to be in the NSA/CIA/FBI or any other alphabet agency knows how to mask their true IP. It would be very difficult to track them with the technology the gov't has these days.

They have prototype quantum computers already and when these come to fruition you can kiss your so called privacy goodbye as these computers will be able to crack the most sophisticated encryption.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Why did you start a thread that you expected no one to be able to answer to and then chastise them for answering?

Thanks, NB. If I'd answered for myself I might have been uncharacteristically rude....

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

My real question was for the ATS web site monitoring who accesses the forum. I did not expect NSA agents to reply. Chastise? That's quite a strong word for my post.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

These people are human too, at least some of them. Humans make mistakes. I'll keep my eyes open.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Dear geist0108,

I know for a fact that there are government agents on the site. There are military people, civil servants, police and fire and all kinds of government employees and contractors on the site. Anyone can read what is posted on this site, they don't even need to be members. Bigger question is what do you think they are monitoring? Heck, if you start threatening lives or to gun down people, the non-government members will report you to the moderators and your thread will be removed.

I simply do not understand why anyone would be surprised to think that the government would keep tabs on social media. Of course they do; but, 99.9% of us just are not that interesting. The FBI has flat out said for years that they monitor the web looking for terrorists, pedophiles and other people worthy of their attention. They don't have the time nor reason to read about peoples relationships, drug use, favorite foods, cat videos or your life.

Because most of my family was involved in the military, law enforcement or aerospace, everyone in my family had an FBI file. I even dated a woman with a top secret clearance who worked in aerospace. I think that we can all agree that they should keep an eye on people with clearances and it goes with the territory. Now, I will tell you some truth that you may not have considered. If you have a top secret clearance and you wife cheats on you or your kid is using drugs, they won't tell you, they are not allowed to.

I am not particularly thrilled with knowing that the FBI monitored my family growing up. That is one of the reasons I chose not to go into certain fields. After requesting a copy of my FBI file I was told it did not exist and that if it did exist then they didn't have to give it to me because I am on a watch list, not a no-fly (at least as far as I know). Do I know why I am on a watch list, no, I don't. It could have something to do with other family members who still have clearances; but, I can tell you this. I can tell you this, if I posted on this site how I was visiting prostitutes or smoking an illegal substance, the FBI isn't coming to arrest me.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

My hand is up.

What ya gonna dew 'bout it?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Please log in for debriefing.

www.intelink.gov...

And don't forget.

U.S. Government Warning This is a United States Government computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices, including Internet access, are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. U.S. Government computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including ensuring that their use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, and to verify security procedures, survivability, and operational security. Monitoring includes authorized attacks by authorized U.S. Government entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information including personal information, placed on or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this U.S. Government system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal or other adverse actions. For technical assistance, please contact the ISMC Watch: 301-688-1800 (commercial), 644-1800 (DSN) Client network = Internet

Have a nice day.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Dear gesits0108,

I just gave you your flag and star, the only ones you got for this post. Maybe others will read the responses you got.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Obama was a member here for a short while but, like his speeches, he had to have somebody write his posts for him.

top topics

join