It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible abduction.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

If you were running windows you might have had an update come through from the internet and the update may have restarted the computers.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by Aazadan

If you were running windows you might have had an update come through from the internet and the update may have restarted the computers.

One runs Backtrack 5 the other runs Windows 7. The one running the camera was the linux machine.

Originally posted by WilliamOckham
I'm willing to bet if I checked those computers' logs, that the operating system crashed while processes were running that were using a lot of RAM. Sometimes the answers are not as exotic as one would wish.

edit on 7-7-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

You know, I have a computer background and as odd as it is... I just never checked, I didn't even think about it until you just mentioned that. I still have the logs and documented the date with my story on ATS. I'll take a look in the morning and see what I find.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
reply to post by Aazadan

Well, checked the windows machine. No errors, no warnings. Simply a couple messages from the Kernel about shutdown being initialized. The machine running Linux which is the more interesting one since it was running the camera already had it's logs overwritten. I don't believe my phone (which was also switched off) has logs for me to check.

So the end result is, nothing conclusive, though it does rule out hardware crashing. Though to be fair, it's pretty unlikely hardware logs would convince you of my experience anyways even if there were somehow something irregular in them.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join