It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am ashamed to be an American

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
i agree with the OP.

I am ashamed that they are an American, too.

Happy 5th of July.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by darknull

at least i am doing something to get the message out there. And you never know what a video can do... remember this guy?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eastbosbud
reply to post by XXXN3O

I am not ashamed of myself... I am of my fellow countryman and of our species. i will pick a bug out of the water before i will watch it die...i honor all life. Sometimes i swear i am from a different planet. I have always referred to my family as "those people".

If that is the case, it is simple really but far from easy.

Live the life you want to live and do what you can to make things better in whatever way you wish but do not expect anyone to thank you, support you or guide you and if you do, you are doing it for vanity and that is the first step in how to become the problem.

This only seems hard to people as the first thing we tend to do is ask others what they think we should do as this is what we are fed from birth.

As soon as you ask anyone what to do, you are at the mercy of their thoughts/will/belief and to make matters even worse. They too did the same thing when they were lost and people wonder why nobody steps up these days? We are not even real people, we are just a bunch of other peoples opinions and thoughts that are fed to us in mass.

Obviously this topic bothers you at a deep level. Make a choice to change it if you want to do so. It really is that simple unless you listen to others and believe them.

People will scream and shout at you until they are blue in the face before they ever look at themselves and this is why this mess is here in the first place. Everyone thinks that at some point, somewhere, some time, there will be someone who suddenly works out a way to wave a magic wand and fix everything or they study someone elses theory as to why we are beyond any hope. Until people realize that they are actually existing and can do things if they simply choose and do them, things will stay the same and greed will always have its way.

We suffer from laziness and fear not only of the bigger picture but of ourselves. After all, it is far easier to look at another persons opinion/theory/advice/dictation or whatever it may be than take responsibility for a mess, heck half the people giving their opinion here probably sigh at taking a their own rubbish out for collection.

No offense to anyone who sighs at taking out the trash

edit on 6-7-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
that made me smile and I like the fact you dont get mad and just curse at me for my opinion shows your maturity honestly dont see how I dont get hate mail. But honestly youtube isnt the best way to get a message like yours across people have tried for a long time others come along and turn it to a cult presto chango drink the coolaid. Just look at the wack job drake if you want an example those people will sooner or later get beamed up to the great suicide pact in the sky or the people that lost everything what was it last may when they thought they were being raptured. Basically im saying even a good message can go sour.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sk8ergrl
You can't use Satan as its an excuse. Its actually humans that are doing the damage, they blame religion or greed for their own sins, if you have a conscious then you should be accountable for your own actions and stop blaming entities.

Your disagreement is with God.

I simply quoted what HE said.

I can assure that He does not give excuses, only facts...

"I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the Synagogue of Satan." ~ Revelation 2:9

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Become a proud American again ! When you all do, you can change the way things are. One step at the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thank you for your encouraging words... we really need to stay focused on the solutions and not the problems.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Closed for staff review.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join