It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza = Junk Food While a Sandwich = Healthy....Why?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by HairlessApe
reply to post by jude11

As a person who made pizzas in order to be able to afford school for 5 years, I can tell you right now... The amount of sugar, salt, and oil that goes into the dough and the pizza sauce is horrendous. Plus there's a lot more cheese on a pizza. Plus, it's freakin' delicious and therefore easier to overeat. Not only that, but even if you order veggies on your pizza you're going to get a pretty minimal amount of them. Lastly, whenever you cook something it loses almost half of it's nutritional value.

And that's why pizza is terrible for you.

If you make the pizza yourself it's not quite as bad, but dough is still a bit worse than bread, and the sheer amount of oil used in premade pizza sauce is... Well, let's just say unless you make your own you're gonna clog those arteries proper no matter how many delicious toppings you skimp on.

edit on 7-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

As a baker, my bread and pizza doughs are the same ingredients...period.

Customers love it.

Little oil, salt, sugar, etc. No milk or eggs.

Great crust and great bread as well.

And yes, I make our pizza sauce starting with crushed tomatoes. Add seasoning and spices, no oil...that's just wrong.

Peace

Well, I also think that when most parents tell their kids to not eat a pizza, they're referring to a frozen Jack's of a Delivery place - not an obscure health-food store. And those kids aren't interested in low-fat ranch dressing and artichoke hearts on a multigrain bagel. They want pepperoni and sausage on a bed of tomato paste.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

As a person who made pizzas in order to be able to afford school for 5 years, I can tell you right now... The amount of sugar, salt, and oil that goes into the dough and the pizza sauce is horrendous. Plus there's a lot more cheese on a pizza. Plus, it's freakin' delicious and therefore easier to overeat. Not only that, but even if you order veggies on your pizza you're going to get a pretty minimal amount of them. Lastly, whenever you cook something it loses almost half of it's nutritional value.

And that's why pizza is terrible for you.

If you make the pizza yourself it's not quite as bad, but dough is still a bit worse than bread, and the sheer amount of oil used in premade pizza sauce is... Well, let's just say unless you make your own you're gonna clog those arteries proper no matter how many delicious toppings you skimp on.

edit on 7-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

As a baker, my bread and pizza doughs are the same ingredients...period.

Customers love it.

Little oil, salt, sugar, etc. No milk or eggs.

Great crust and great bread as well.

And yes, I make our pizza sauce starting with crushed tomatoes. Add seasoning and spices, no oil...that's just wrong.

Peace

Well, I also think that when most parents tell their kids to not eat a pizza, they're referring to a frozen Jack's of a Delivery place - not an obscure health-food store. And those kids aren't interested in low-fat ranch dressing and artichoke hearts on a multigrain bagel. They want pepperoni and sausage on a bed of tomato paste.

Pepperoni/sausage is ok in limits as everything else is.

Multi-grain Bagel?

That ain't a pizza in any sense..
Also not in any posts here.

Peace

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join