It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sump3
You forget that the world(law) is built on but two pillars. Love for God and love for your fellow man as yourself. You can master the law but lose your life and everything. Don't be like the pharisees from then and now.

No.. forgetting is hard

Witch God?

This does have an islamic feel...

The arabian moon god co-opted

are you islamic by chance?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
reply to post by ripcontrol

Angelmans - just a goople away...

Despite the cold, point-form checklist...it is characterised by a fascination with water, laughing&smiling...and the clinical descriptions of a severe form of autism...(another fascination of mine)...generally, children afflicted do not live past 4-5 yo...the fascination with water compels them to drown themselves with joy...what is this, really?

It's funny...characterisations of majicks as something separate from life, make it sound like a job, a 9-5 pursuit...'practicing' is waaay suspicious (in any field...I knoe its use as semantic - still)...

Å99

Angelsman wiki

Angelman syndrome (/ˈeɪndʒəlmən/; abbreviated AS) is a neuro-genetic disorder characterized by severe intellectual and developmental disability, sleep disturbance, seizures, jerky movements (especially hand-flapping), frequent laughter or smiling, and usually a happy demeanor.
AS is a classic example of genomic imprinting in that it is caused by deletion or inactivation of genes on the maternally inherited chromosome 15 while the paternal copy, which may be of normal sequence, is imprinted and therefore silenced. The sister syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, is caused by a similar loss of paternally inherited genes and maternal imprinting. AS is named after a British pediatrician, Dr. Harry Angelman, who first described the syndrome in 1965.[1] An older, alternative term for AS, "happy puppet syndrome", is generally considered pejorative and stigmatizing so it is no longer the accepted term, though it is sometimes still used as an informal term of diagnosis.[citation needed] People with AS are sometimes known as "angels", both because of the syndrome's name and because of their youthful, happy appearance.

this one?

ps

good catch

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
OP you have some dark energy - obviously you have lost your purity of consciousness along the way..

People are are seeking magic (especially dark..) you need to be warned, you will pull things into your "reality" that you might not be able to handle, things that you might not understand how to get rid of.

The mind is a deep and complexx tool - one neophyte will not understand it just by throwing themselves into magik practices - especially taking advice and instructions from one you have no clue about (OP)..

ITs a dis advantage to your saftey to throw yourself into it. But that is all Im going to warn. Its your energy, your life

Energy is neither dark nor light

intent is

I now what they are seeking it was warned to me by several people
however you cant reach a certain level of practicing and live without well

security measures

As for your implication I truly appreciate labels .. especially the implications you gave..

Dark energy...

please explain your answer better for those you labeled neophytes...

thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxzen2004

Good stuff for those who dare, thanks for the thread very interresting.

Thank you..

To know
to will
to dare
to keep silent

Oh well three out of four aint to shabby

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Originally posted by Sump3
You forget that the world(law) is built on but two pillars. Love for God and love for your fellow man as yourself. You can master the law but lose your life and everything. Don't be like the pharisees from then and now.

No.. forgetting is hard

Witch God?

This does have an islamic feel...

The arabian moon god co-opted

are you islamic by chance?

Once remembered, 'for-getting' is extremely hard...I am witnessing the 2nd person/3rd person dress-ups...memory accounts in response...that, removed from 'personal', juxtaposed onto imagined, overlayed onto created...personal, imagined or created...all become the path...that much is evident...naysayers do not ring 1st person...and not because of naying...

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I count myself to no religion. Rather I see my dad as something that is true light which manifested in eternity and that we, being his son are light of his light. Quantum physics describes our universe quite well and I have observed that all the ancient religions(jewish kabbalah, kundalini prana, egyptian kaba, feng shui yin/yang, taiji etc.) say the same thing in their core. These are the books of you and I. Torus flow describes the duality/balance of our universe at best yet, and quantum physics our consciousness and the importance of true faith(in that which is true, which is love, it shines beyond all time and space and matter and is as I have come to realise, the only reason why this world could exist in the first place)

Might as well have said, true belief.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Sump3 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Ya...that's the clinical...

Something else (me says) is going on here...these children (despite what they do to themselves) are very special units...

Å99

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I am having a difficult time with your rationalization that we need to follow any discipline to reach the goal of magic. All a human being needs do is work on their own mind and heart, clearing out the programming, the negativity and chaos. If a person can meditate he/she can do this. Every one can do this on their own, pleasurable terms. Magic is something to grow towards, not brow beat yourself to.

The reason anyone would need forced attrition is to stave off the chaos in their lives that keep them from the magical. Seems a waste of good energy.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I couldnt resist the photo when I saw it

Thank you

I am glad you survived your experiences... feel free to share what went wrong and what went right... some people here good use the extra dose of reality check

again thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Outliers

Outliers

Outliers: The Story of Success is a non-fiction book written by Malcolm Gladwell and published by Little, Brown and Company on November 18, 2008. In Outliers, Gladwell examines the factors that contribute to high levels of success. To support his thesis, he examines the causes of why the majority of Canadian ice hockey players are born in the first few months of the calendar year, how Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates achieved his extreme wealth, how The Beatles became one of the most successful musical acts in human history, how Joseph Flom built Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom into one of the most successful law firms in the world, how cultural differences play a large part in perceived intelligence and rational decision making, and how two people with exceptional intelligence, Christopher Langan and J. Robert Oppenheimer, end up with such vastly different fortunes. Throughout the publication, Gladwell repeatedly mentions the "10,000-Hour Rule", claiming that the key to success in any field is, to a large extent, a matter of practicing a specific task for a total of around 10,000 hours.

Tipping point

Tipping Point

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference (ISBN 0-316-31696-2) is a book by Malcolm Gladwell, first published by Little Brown in 2000.
Gladwell defines a tipping point as "the moment of critical mass, the threshold, the boiling point."[1] The book seeks to explain and describe the "mysterious" sociological changes that mark everyday life. As Gladwell states, "Ideas and products and messages and behaviors spread like viruses do."[2] The examples of such changes in his book include the rise in popularity and sales of Hush Puppies shoes in the mid-1990s and the steep drop in the New York City crime rate after 1990.

Blink

Blink

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking is a 2005 book by Malcolm Gladwell. It presents in popular science format research from psychology and behavioral economics on the adaptive unconscious; mental processes that work rapidly and automatically from relatively little information. It considers both the strengths of the adaptive unconscious, for example in expert judgment, and its pitfalls such as stereotypes.

"Blink" is pretty interesting. I think I've only read about 1/2 - 3/4 so far, but quite interesting.

Amusingly, Tipping point is also on my reading list.

Not sure about Outliers, but that one sounds pretty interesting too....

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

I'm not sure how to create a ritual to do a spell, so that part I'll have to leave it up to you.

My girlfriend has poor vision. Cure her sight. You have two weeks.

I'll know it worked because she'll look at me and be like "I knew you were fat, but I didn't know you were THAT fat." and she'll run screaming.

edit on 7-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

Oh no you dont.. I saw you palm that card..

I handed the work off to you fair and square..
if you want first hand proof you will have to figure the spell part out your self

and plus it sounds like youll

"Sorry honey your eyes must still need work"

On a much more serious note..

You would have to bring this up way before it is supposed to come up..

Sighing

Who do you do magic for?

(Remind me to give the ape that gives you a hug an extra banana when he deals with you)

This is an argument I have never had settled nor have I found a singular answer..

I cant even use certain words here to describe a principles...

the best poor english can do

Do you do magic for your self and loved ones or random strangers?

This messy question you will have to answer for your self

One of the psych points I have discovered is that beginners and some intermediates should not do the magic for themselves or close loved ones

(Hairless one I really want to throw poo at you for bringing this up..)

The reason is that your emotions high jack your efforts easily and quickly.. what ever is between your ears apparently has a lot of mojo going for it..

spells and psi go wEEEEEEE!!!!!

and do not finish its casting..

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I personally believe we should all rely on the Lord Jesus Christ (Yeshua).

Jude 1:8-9
Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

I just believe you guys are messing with things that are a trap, and trick you into thinking you can control the spirits giving you your abilities. Even an Archangel didn't attack the devil with his own power, he used the authority in the holy name of the Lord.

Of course, i guess i am just rambling.

edit on 7-7-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

that was evident

there is another thread here on ATS i recommend for those this subject fascinates

Savant Syndrome

you will just have to follow link

not my thread but very interesting

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

You can only run so far

You can only hide for so long

eventually you have to face the issue

Self discipline and hard work go a long way and yes you have to moderate them

work and pleasure

Just remember a key word
Reality check

they are expensive bills

paradox and doublethink

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

he also has a new one coming out

I think I might buy it outright

It gives key psych insight ..

As for blink... you will want to check that out

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Allow me to ask you a small question

southern baptist by chance

(con part- flag - religion use of jesus- polite but not rude)

Let me ask this...
The Church has instances of calling on angels..

Picture this

By the authority given to me by the state of Texas
I now pronounce you rick and james.. Beach

(bad joke sorry)

same thing -
In the name of God...

so the devil got mirandized

They did use there power.. the church believes you can call on saints and angels.. and technically it makes sense

would you want to do all the work to keep the universe running or would you delegate your authority.. Why bother the head man when you can just ask him to send one low level little angel since he is busy..

PS as stated earlier...
once and a little bit... pray not a thank you, or I need an x,

Pray like your talking to a friend and just seeing how the friend is doing... stopping buy for a beer..

if you drink, make sure you offer one to the big guy and just hang.. no I need crap or thank you...

Your god has to find all that little neediness annoying after a few centuries...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I couldnt resist the photo when I saw it

Thank you

I am glad you survived your experiences... feel free to share what went wrong and what went right... some people here good use the extra dose of reality check

again thank you

I am glad I survived them too.

Growing up I had a very strong pull towards the magical arts. For me it was a learning experience, and I was trying to make sense of my own psychic experiences, and tried out magic as a way to channel myself.

I started with Satanism because it seemed a fast track, which lead me to the Necronomicon, which although written by Lovecraft had some very powerful spells in it. I dabbled, (which you and I both would advise against) and seem to be a natural at casting, which caused spells to work as they should. I only did a few, a love spell, which to this day has had an effect on the person I cast it on, to my dismay, as I carry a lot of guilt over this. She still loves me, even after I explained why. Karma caught up to me later on as I began to get female stalkers which I somehow attribute to this act when I was younger. It is not a pleasant experience even if it sounds funny. I have to be careful when dealing with the opposite sex as any sort of emotional connection can lead to this, or so it appears. Or maybe I just liked crazy women.

After playing with both Satanic and necro magic I apparently upset the powers that be and was confronted by an angelic figure who informed me that it was not for me to do these things, and I was meant for something else. Much like a chastisement. I do attribute this to my own views of the spirit world and what I was experiencing at the time, as I personally believe that what we believe is a lot of what we experience.

As the years went by and I began my own serious spiritual journey, I found that extreme emotions, such as hatred, and heartfelt pain would create a situation where I would want revenge, and I found on two occasions where I was attempting to cast spells to harm someone else. I seem to just naturally know what to do and how to do it. I have been told that this is past life information going back several lifetimes, however, I have not experienced those memories on a conscious level to verify it myself. Both times I did these things, it worked, and I still hold guilt over this as well although I see it as a learning experience, and I have learned a lot in the last 10 years. I am not proud of these things, but in a way I wonder if this was not some sort of lesson.

I've always stuck with being "psychic" over magic usage, and I live by the motto of harm none, because in my past I have harmed, and it backfired in ways I cannot explain other than I found my own situations began mirroring those I harmed with magic usage.

To those who say magic is not real, I can say with confidence that it is very real, and should be approached with caution and the proper intent, because ill intent will lead to years of suffering.

Discipline and devotion are very important as is an understanding that it can and most likely will backfire if not done for the right reasons. What those reasons are depends on the person and what is wrong in one persons eyes is not wrong in another's, however, putting your will on another and causing them harm that way will lead to your own demise.

I do believe in justice though, and that if it is meant to be, it will be, however, it is you that will have to carry the guilt, even if the powers that be deem it justified, later on in life, you might not see it that way. For every action there is a reaction, and in magic it works this way as well.

edit on 7-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Pagans with other gods please note this is not as easy for us...

His god's servants arrange their rituals that make it quite easy for them..

A very open door informal policy is ALLOWED..
I.E. Jesus would stop by for a glass of water and hang... other dieties .. not so much

(Some however might show up for a kegger
and they might go with you to the bar to pick up women)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Witness2008

You can only run so far

You can only hide for so long

eventually you have to face the issue

Self discipline and hard work go a long way and yes you have to moderate them

work and pleasure

Just remember a key word
Reality check

they are expensive bills

paradox and doublethink

I think if folks just started to deprogram themselves, such as redefining a few things like work, and think of it as progress, or practice instead of discipline they would approach it differently. Start with the magic of language.

The real magic is in the human potential, and everybody's magic is different. When you tell some one they can "do it" without the strings attached, they will. Those attached strings only serve to get into the way.

Who's reality is it that you want me to check?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You were dabbling in someone elses magic, not your own.

All the how to books, accounts of magical beings, other peoples spells are there to get you to follow, not attain magic for yourself.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join