It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigershark1988
reply to post by Witness2008

Very true. I agree with you that a lot of people practice magick without even realizing it. Magick in a ritualistic format is not necessary to conform reality to your will. With that said, the occult practices are very interesting and certainly serve as a focus to accelerate changes in reality... though various paths can be quite risky. Dabble carefully.

I advise against dabbling

it is do or do not

(I have found various movies and phrases do seem to have leaked from a group unconcious)

Thank you for your post

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by ripcontrol

You are prescribing forced attrition, instead of describing (what turns out to be) a very simple path to magic.

You are complicating something that isn't complicated. A lot of books do that too.

The difference from first person POV and third person POV

This is part of the learning process.. the books leave it out when they go through this

Prepare for long attrition

Hope for the best plan for the worst idea

You brought such a good point it just about deserves its own thread...
summary

the human animal like to over complicate things
You are an animal that has a few tools in its chest

I sometimes claim the rest of my sapien brothers, sometimes.. other times they deserve darwin awards
So Yes I also over complicate things..
you have to go through it
so you learn to spot when you nuke a subject that is merely ABC's

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

Its made out of butterflys flying in the spring and children playing happily

in other words I am still trying to figure that part out to.. let me know if a burning bush tells you anything

it appears to be a living organism in behavior and may be part of a larger one

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Instead of being mad at hairless ape heres a hug

you sounded like you needed one

I agree, he needs one!

I am finding your thread very interesting. I used to practice a little, but dabbled, and got myself chewed out by an angel or guide of some kind. Chased me right out of magical practice although I find at times of very deep emotional trauma I tend to go back to the magic in order to seek justification, which is not healthy either, and I have learned over the years to keep control over those emotions.

I love your journal idea, everyone should keep one, magical or psychic practice almost requires it, and people will be very glad they kept these journals later on.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

For some reason I like your post and I do not know why

I gave you a ape hug in my dairy post

As for evolution.. Cool I also have spent many hours thinking over the subject and have tried to come up with my own answers and then test them

Write a healing spell and post it
We will do your experiment

or you will.. the onely way to satisfy your quest for knowledge is to get first hand data not posted second hand data

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

not to mention some of the books edited out

One was specifically stating the Jesus was the star guiding the wise men.. and talking to them

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
Magic is both satanic and demonic and only welcomes these evil beings into your life and home. People who think they are in control of this magic and these demons are mistaken. The only power meant for humans is the power of faith in the Lord Jesus.

Are you 100 percent positive

What are Demons

Bible say fallen angels

others appear to be entities that have oddly enough evolved from other things

Please define power as well

also you definition of magic

thank you..

And Goddess bless

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

For some reason I like your post and I do not know why

I gave you a ape hug in my dairy post

As for evolution.. Cool I also have spent many hours thinking over the subject and have tried to come up with my own answers and then test them

Write a healing spell and post it
We will do your experiment

or you will.. the onely way to satisfy your quest for knowledge is to get first hand data not posted second hand data

I'm not sure how to create a ritual to do a spell, so that part I'll have to leave it up to you.

My girlfriend has poor vision. Cure her sight. You have two weeks.

I'll know it worked because she'll look at me and be like "I knew you were fat, but I didn't know you were THAT fat." and she'll run screaming.

edit on 7-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Magic is both satanic and demonic and only welcomes these evil beings into your life and home. People who think they are in control of this magic and these demons are mistaken. The only power meant for humans is the power of faith in the Lord Jesus.

Magic is all in your head. People have been mistaking the power of their own minds for forces they can't explain for over a millennium now, yet never once has a scientifically verifiable piece of evidence for Satan or other demonic forces ever arisen.

There's a reason for that. And no, that reason isn't because monsters come and hide all of the evidence. It's because it never existed in the first place. Just like Odin, Zeus, Horus, and The Incredible Hulk.

Frankly I'm glad, as Satan's total kill-count in the Bible is about 6 people and God's is hundreds of thousands - not to mention the fact that God in the Bible also kills innocents.

I knew there was reason I liked you...

I'll agree to shelve my cruel response.. over science and hummingbirds

To true over the kill counts way to true
but they might argue it was the holy ghost that killed people

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

just wow..

you nailed it on the head...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Magic is all in your head. People have been mistaking the power of their own minds for forces they can't explain for over a millennium now, yet never once has a scientifically verifiable piece of evidence for Satan or other demonic forces ever arisen.

There's a reason for that. And no, that reason isn't because monsters come and hide all of the evidence. It's because it never existed in the first place. Just like Odin, Zeus, Horus, and The Incredible Hulk.

Frankly I'm glad, as Satan's total kill-count in the Bible is about 6 people and God's is hundreds of thousands - not to mention the fact that God in the Bible also kills innocents.

I knew there was reason I liked you...

I'll agree to shelve my cruel response.. over science and hummingbirds

To true over the kill counts way to true
but they might argue it was the holy ghost that killed people

The bible directly says it was god himself. Like when Moses was pleading with god over not destroy the city of Sodom. God agreed to not destroy the city is anyone there was just. Then he destroyed it anyways. Also, there is a quote related to the story which proves, in the bible's own words, that god is not infallable and can actually commit evil acts.

King James Bible - Exodus 32:14 “And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.”

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I dont like that first statement, magic is pure it has nothing to do with conning people or is its object of intent. If you are weak, you will use it in that manner as "wine is fine but liquor is quicker". I feel no personal emotional pain regarding myself, only for others that have been duped by unseen beings controlling them. What is your purpose for the thread; I told you some basics regarding my becoming more than an initiate (amatuer), and you ignored them, there is a process and mine had nothing to do with grandmaster wizards or covens.

It is a matter of foci and mine are obviously way different then most peoples...

A lot of negativity comes out in your post..

If it wasnt for your signature I would say no hope for you

yes I find it that funny for some reason

The con part is collecting data from what you see immediately and then making predictions based on it

I do not withdraw that contention

the skeptic will agree with this part

It is what comes after the numbers... I always assumed that it was how I attuned to the subject... then the eight martini nights start

Please do not feel I ignored you.. You are special and deserve attention to

It goes back to over complicating

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I already have into areas you cant begin to fathom or dream of. What/who is your point of contact, (your fearless leader, or favorite auther as you prefer to READ). DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GET the NEGATIVE from my answers (I dont think so really; it could turn ugly). I appreciate your liking my signature, I mean it in all sincereity. Are you magical, majickal, or magickal. Who does not like being the butt of the joke exactly? You are too obtuse and have not addressed your own thread query "So you Want to practice magic"--its not a practice it is a disapline; but maybe you can start 'teaching' the practice now 5 pages in.
edit on 6-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

Again your signature is why I tolerate this

socially you attempt domination in conversation
which is meant to be an exchange

smile
you do have a sense of humor

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky

I am a lazy Pagan, humanistic pagan, a nature worshipping Pagan, and kind of an Atheist Pagan as well, at least as it applies to believing in Bronze Age Gods (or earlier) and fairy tales. Now that introduction made I wanted to say I enjoyed your post.

I have often had people ask me about Paganism and the practice of magic. I ask them if they are Christian, because here in the US that is the predominant religion. More often that not they reply in the affirmative at which point I ask them if they pray. Well of course they do, that is the point right, to make sure God knows just what you need, like for your football team to win, or some cancer stricken kid on FaceBook who may or may not be real, to be healed. That's when I tell them they are doing magic. Then I blow their heads up by telling them to go to a Catholic mass, with incense, bells, ritual and chanting; that's the fancy magic I tell them.

By comparison I just do small magic, trying to put my intent into the world for the greater good. Some of them get it some of them just get mad.

Thank you

do not forget can you help me with this girl

I have helped them before with the warning you might get what you ask for and well... youll see...

small magics are sometimes the most powerful

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

The fact you think American's spent a billion dollars inventing a space pen means you believe any lie you are told ... like magic.

The US used pencils. Pencils have drawbacks. A private business developed a pen. They showed it to NASA. NASA tested it, it worked, NASA bought the superior product for $2.95 a pen.

The billion dollar space pen is about as real as your magic.

Drive by trolling cool

Feel better...

be a good beta and go get the adults a drink

So do you really not understand the part of the conversation you mind lock on..

Out of curiosity

seriously, do you understand the examples meanings or not.. enjoy your drive

I also was told ATS members deny ignorance

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You are right about it all being "in your head" Because thats where the battle is. The battle is for your mind, and both God and satan are fighting for it. Maybe your no Harry Potter when it comes to magic, but whatever new age policy you subscribe to, its the same satan driven thing in a different form.

What battle?

which god

Jewish one who says you shall have no other gods before me
or the one with multiple personalities
(father son and holy ghost)

As for Satan

which satan

morning star???

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You have come to love the world (or worlds within worlds) and forget yourself in the ingorance of power.

Let me ask you this: Can a baby see it's father in the womb? He/Her/It(you can't say who he is, best explanation is father) is all encompassing yet unfathomable. You seek to love your mothers breast and you fail to make your eyes single.

You have fallen in vanity, mystery and treachery and wander outside the gates of heaven trying to force your way in.

I hope you all the best in your endeavour of seeking to know yourself and thus your father.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Sump3 because: Words of hope

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robertsy
So are you saying you do real magic OP because now I'm confused can you post a video performing some mind bending magic, because I am a sceptic. If its real then I bet your life's fantastic, I bet you can get anything you want. Anyway I noticed you said American way or Russian way I'm guessing by your statement that your a biased American trying to mock Russia, sorry to pull you up on this but you don't seem like the open minded magical man of the universe you make yourself out to be and America never landed on the moon while Russia did build the first satellite and as for your billion dollar pen it was just a normal biro (ball point pen) . On that note can you give all the sceptics of the world proof of your magic ?

Getting what you want is not always the best thing... ( it is one of the worst curse you can do to someone... give them exactly what they want)

OK... where do you get biased out of statement
If you like go dig through other threads and see if you can get where the statement comes from

Keep digging though-- and working on the social proofing... you almost made it .. try tying the statements closer to me next time for a better strawman argument.. also put spaces between the statements so it appears to be separate.. you will get more mileage out of your debunking

A thread on magic and focus goes to pen versus pencil in space...

this is hilarious..

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by twohawks

I'd like to say that this thread is is one of the more enjoyable I've read in some time. It brings me back 30 years to a place of of joyfull infinate possibilities, and scary ass experiential realities, one I thought I would not heal from. Needless to say I have my trepidations for embarking down this path once again but I freely admit, it has peeked my curiosity. I recently found my old journal, and in a dream, just before I woke and began reading this thread, someone said to me that today was "dios de muertos" for those of you that no comprende, it means day of the dead, which could also mean "a new beginning". Interestingly enough, I was in search of golden coins from the "Atocha" and there was only one of six paths that lead to what I was seeking. The coin in the dream was not for intrinsic value, but rather it was meant to validate another source of information.

I know sounds rather strange, but it makes sense in my head.
Anyway s& f for waking me literally and figuratively.

Edit to add question. What are the "7 p 's " you refer to in your original post.

edit on 7-7-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

Your post is one of the ones that have made the whole thread worth it...

Proper pre planning prevents piss poor performance

courtesy of your tax dollars from boot camp...

I want to say so much but will only have fun...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I'd argue that it's your ego, superego, and Id battling over control of your mind, and that God and Satan are just made up distractions. Give me some evidence of the devil or god almighty that can be scientifically verified and I'll believe you. Until then it's a nice little myth that's going to end up on the shelf eventually, just like everything else from the bronze age.

lol...

whats the evolutionary purpose of a rose

Closest immediate piece of evidence is when a woman gets religious and prays VERY LOUDLY...

Out of curosity

what purpose do you think faith and religion have served in terms of evolution..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join