It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Yeah but what's the magic made out of ding dong?
edit on 7/6/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You want MY definition of magic? Fine, I'll make it simple. For my purposes, magic will be described as a ritual which can be performed by an individual or group which has a physical effect on another entity (whether it be a person, place, or thing) despite the fact that said ritual has had no direct contact with targeted entity. For the sake of control, the targeted entity must be completely unaware of the ritual.

I want proof that would stand up to scientific scrutiny. That means empirical a posteriori evidence. I will accept nothing less as evidence.

Empirical evidence (also empirical data, sense experience, empirical knowledge, or the a posteriori) is a source of knowledge acquired by means of observation or experimentation.[1] Empirical evidence is information that justifies a belief in the truth or falsity of an empirical claim. In the empiricist view, one can only claim to have knowledge when one has a true belief based on empirical evidence. This stands in contrast to the rationalist view under which reason or reflection alone is considered to be evidence for the truth or falsity of some propositions.[2] The senses are the primary source of empirical evidence. Although other sources of evidence, such as memory, and the testimony of others ultimately trace back to some sensory experience, they are considered to be secondary, or indirect.[2] In another sense, empirical evidence may be synonymous with the outcome of an experiment. In this sense, an empirical result is a unified confirmation. In this context, the term semi-empirical is used for qualifying theoretical methods which use in part basic axioms or postulated scientific laws and experimental results. Such methods are opposed to theoretical ab initio methods which are purely deductive and based on first principles.[citation needed] In science, empirical evidence is required for a hypothesis to gain acceptance in the scientific community. Normally, this validation is achieved by the scientific method of hypothesis commitment, experimental design, peer review, adversarial review, reproduction of results, conference presentation and journal publication. This requires rigorous communication of hypothesis (usually expressed in mathematics), experimental constraints and controls (expressed necessarily in terms of standard experimental apparatus), and a common understanding of measurement. Statements and arguments depending on empirical evidence are often referred to as a posteriori ("from the later") as distinguished from a priori ("from the earlier"). (See A priori and a posteriori). A priori knowledge or justification is independent of experience (for example "All bachelors are unmarried"); whereas a posteriori knowledge or justification is dependent on experience or empirical evidence (for example "Some bachelors are very happy").

What is your official qualification for practicing magic? Years of experience and research? I've got years of experience studying evolution and I'm still not a qualified biologist or anthropologist.
edit on 6-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

If you want a recipe then read the bible, as Jesus Christ = ethereal, was born in, the virgin mary = thoughtless mind, of joseph = man.

of Bethlehem in the land of Judea = In the mind, in the body of flesh.

Read metaphorically, then read the quran, it says the same, but the bible is more intricate and displays many different understanding to the same teaching.

The kabbalah helps as well.

All it is, is faith in yourself, but we have faith in beliefs creating illusion, it is lifting the curtains to see past the veil.

Also if you can, find books off the papal index.

Papal index - A book with 4000 titles made by the Vatican, making them forbidden to be read by Catholics.

Most of the authors are from 1500 to 1800 with works that back up all I speak of. One book off the list is called all you can know for sure. Because there is things you can know for sure

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Magic is both satanic and demonic and only welcomes these evil beings into your life and home. People who think they are in control of this magic and these demons are mistaken. The only power meant for humans is the power of faith in the Lord Jesus.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
Magic is both satanic and demonic and only welcomes these evil beings into your life and home. People who think they are in control of this magic and these demons are mistaken. The only power meant for humans is the power of faith in the Lord Jesus.

Magic is all in your head. People have been mistaking the power of their own minds for forces they can't explain for over a millennium now, yet never once has a scientifically verifiable piece of evidence for Satan or other demonic forces ever arisen.

There's a reason for that. And no, that reason isn't because monsters come and hide all of the evidence. It's because it never existed in the first place. Just like Odin, Zeus, Horus, and The Incredible Hulk.

Frankly I'm glad, as Satan's total kill-count in the Bible is about 6 people and God's is hundreds of thousands - not to mention the fact that God in the Bible also kills innocents.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
So basically your just saying "theres no such thing as magic, get a hobby and stop thinking bout magic" is that right?

The key seems to be developing rigid discipline. I would imagine that any effort to control the progressive development of any specific system by manipulating the primary and ancillary spatial and event trajectories that combine to create and develop that system going forward is going to require intense discipline of mind, and most modern societies are not environments where that sort of extreme discipline and focus is generally nurtured.

Wax on, wax off, as the OP so appropriately noted.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I want to say something but I want to make sure it doesnt run the con part magic sometimes slips into
My personal experience is that some times it works faster with cleaner results then magic..I will say this to your post I feel pain and emotional stress..I would say find a way to deal with it.. it interferes with your life and absorbs energy that could be put to better use.. To much time dealing with old issues that drain the present and wreck the future brb

I dont like that first statement, magic is pure it has nothing to do with conning people or is its object of intent. If you are weak, you will use it in that manner as "wine is fine but liquor is quicker". I feel no personal emotional pain regarding myself, only for others that have been duped by unseen beings controlling them. What is your purpose for the thread; I told you some basics regarding my becoming more than an initiate (amatuer), and you ignored them, there is a process and mine had nothing to do with grandmaster wizards or covens.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
He has not said what his vein is, there are several (HES fishing).

I do want to get negative from your answers
however I find your signature to hilarious

GOD IS A COMEDIAN WHOSE AUDIENCE NEGLECTS TO LAUGH

We do not like being the but of the joke..

I prefer reading to fishing..these are the very basics
you should be able to move into any of the traditions or field with this quiet easily

I already have into areas you cant begin to fathom or dream of. What/who is your point of contact, (your fearless leader, or favorite auther as you prefer to READ). DO YOU REALLY WANT TO GET the NEGATIVE from my answers (I dont think so really; it could turn ugly). I appreciate your liking my signature, I mean it in all sincereity. Are you magical, majickal, or magickal. Who does not like being the butt of the joke exactly? You are too obtuse and have not addressed your own thread query "So you Want to practice magic"--its not a practice it is a disapline; but maybe you can start 'teaching' the practice now 5 pages in.
edit on 6-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I am a lazy Pagan, humanistic pagan, a nature worshipping Pagan, and kind of an Atheist Pagan as well, at least as it applies to believing in Bronze Age Gods (or earlier) and fairy tales. Now that introduction made I wanted to say I enjoyed your post.

I have often had people ask me about Paganism and the practice of magic. I ask them if they are Christian, because here in the US that is the predominant religion. More often that not they reply in the affirmative at which point I ask them if they pray. Well of course they do, that is the point right, to make sure God knows just what you need, like for your football team to win, or some cancer stricken kid on FaceBook who may or may not be real, to be healed. That's when I tell them they are doing magic. Then I blow their heads up by telling them to go to a Catholic mass, with incense, bells, ritual and chanting; that's the fancy magic I tell them.

By comparison I just do small magic, trying to put my intent into the world for the greater good. Some of them get it some of them just get mad.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrolFirst choice you have to make:

Of which I suffer no consequences

Do you want the American method or the Russian method?

American method-
understand the theory and intensive training
billion dollar pen writes in space

Russian method
it works
number two pencil- still works after half a bottle of vodka

The fact you think American's spent a billion dollars inventing a space pen means you believe any lie you are told ... like magic.

The US used pencils. Pencils have drawbacks. A private business developed a pen. They showed it to NASA. NASA tested it, it worked, NASA bought the superior product for $2.95 a pen.

The billion dollar space pen is about as real as your magic.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Angelmans - just a goople away...

Despite the cold, point-form checklist...it is characterised by a fascination with water, laughing&smiling...and the clinical descriptions of a severe form of autism...(another fascination of mine)...generally, children afflicted do not live past 4-5 yo...the fascination with water compels them to drown themselves with joy...what is this, really?

It's funny...characterisations of majicks as something separate from life, make it sound like a job, a 9-5 pursuit...'practicing' is waaay suspicious (in any field...I knoe its use as semantic - still)...

Å99

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OP you have some dark energy - obviously you have lost your purity of consciousness along the way..

People are are seeking magic (especially dark..) you need to be warned, you will pull things into your "reality" that you might not be able to handle, things that you might not understand how to get rid of.

The mind is a deep and complexx tool - one neophyte will not understand it just by throwing themselves into magik practices - especially taking advice and instructions from one you have no clue about (OP)..

ITs a dis advantage to your saftey to throw yourself into it. But that is all Im going to warn. Its your energy, your life

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Good stuff for those who dare, thanks for the thread very interresting.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

You are right about it all being "in your head" Because thats where the battle is. The battle is for your mind, and both God and satan are fighting for it. Maybe your no Harry Potter when it comes to magic, but whatever new age policy you subscribe to, its the same satan driven thing in a different form.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
So are you saying you do real magic OP because now I'm confused can you post a video performing some mind bending magic, because I am a sceptic. If its real then I bet your life's fantastic, I bet you can get anything you want. Anyway I noticed you said American way or Russian way I'm guessing by your statement that your a biased American trying to mock Russia, sorry to pull you up on this but you don't seem like the open minded magical man of the universe you make yourself out to be and America never landed on the moon while Russia did build the first satellite and as for your billion dollar pen it was just a normal biro (ball point pen) . On that note can you give all the sceptics of the world proof of your magic ?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I'd like to say that this thread is is one of the more enjoyable I've read in some time. It brings me back 30 years to a place of of joyfull infinate possibilities, and scary ass experiential realities, one I thought I would not heal from. Needless to say I have my trepidations for embarking down this path once again but I freely admit, it has peeked my curiosity. I recently found my old journal, and in a dream, just before I woke and began reading this thread, someone said to me that today was "dios de muertos" for those of you that no comprende, it means day of the dead, which could also mean "a new beginning". Interestingly enough, I was in search of golden coins from the "Atocha" and there was only one of six paths that lead to what I was seeking. The coin in the dream was not for intrinsic value, but rather it was meant to validate another source of information.

I know sounds rather strange, but it makes sense in my head.
Anyway s& f for waking me literally and figuratively.

Edit to add question. What are the "7 p 's " you refer to in your original post.

edit on 7-7-2013 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by honested3
reply to post by HairlessApe

You are right about it all being "in your head" Because thats where the battle is. The battle is for your mind, and both God and satan are fighting for it. Maybe your no Harry Potter when it comes to magic, but whatever new age policy you subscribe to, its the same satan driven thing in a different form.

I'd argue that it's your ego, superego, and Id battling over control of your mind, and that God and Satan are just made up distractions. Give me some evidence of the devil or god almighty that can be scientifically verified and I'll believe you. Until then it's a nice little myth that's going to end up on the shelf eventually, just like everything else from the bronze age.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

ATS- journal day 1
07/07/2013

Well I failed yesterday

the rule was clearly to enter the diary entry on paper
not computer
so back to day one

I am having to fight with my self on this..I had the notepads in my car and all I had to do was write
journal entry number one and the date

It would have hit all the key points

It seems I have an issue with something

I could be dramatic and say blah blah blah...

honest to god I do not know what the problem is

Apparently their is an usher event that is secretly absorbing energy
all I get is a flash childhood and a brunette
I will have to keep looking at it

Usher event
I may be mis using it term wise but
From carlos Castaneda's books
I had to spend a day at my HP's house.. I got absorbed after reading the book this was in..
I went insane.. No drugs our any stupid thing.. Magically I went way to deep.

The usher event was something that happened a long time ago
this event however becomes the basis for a long laundry list of personal issues
the anchor so to speak.. it draws energy and feeds the others in your life

You do not have to believe me but check for your self
Be careful
it is protected by tons of emotions to the point
You will lie and cheat yourself over it..

The HP manage to snap me out of it but I was not allowed to leave her house

That usher event was based on the fact when I was younger we had a poorer family then those around us
So as usual you paint the lovely picture on the socialization process
The problem the priestess had to stop
I was trying to reach back through time and kill those making fun of me as a child.. (and yes I was succeeding enough to warrant their attention immediately)

The High Priest and a guardian had to both ground me.. let say I had to spend some money buying new hematite for the covenstead.. among other things...

They wanted to do a binding but the Priestess said it would be worthless..Something about Saturn being my main influence..

And yes she was shocked because what I done left no trail..

So the point here is BEWARE...
You are a human animal and have repressed this demon for a long time.. it has stolen a lot of personal energy and will continue to.. We are trying to ninja past it. When you write it you are in a sense locking it into the journal

(for the skeptic who will love this part)
Transference of the emotion long enough to hunt the great beast.. Facing those issues..
(of note do not ever be ashamed.. regardless of what someone else may think they are cowards in the fact odds are they have their beast still hunting them and your tracking your down... they are not. No shame..)

Magically
The paper is dead life of a tree- Necromancy

The pencil if used is carbon -I am stretching it to earth
pens- no clue magically.. I assume earth based not air

the purpose may be air based but
it origins are necromancy and earth with spirit creating a form of air

called writing

now this does give us a very interesting point
technomancy would be a combination of earth magics with Spirit..

I have used computer based spells..

again that issue earlier I mention comes to the forefront..

Well I have been discussing this with another friend... At first he was also appalled till I told what I was doing... He approved whole heartedly.

"Self Discipline would have saved a lot of people who were studying the craft. Especially from their drama from the year and day cycles.."

Being an elder he told me if my old priestess had problem or anyone else did they could come talk with him.. He did ask me what my definition of magic was...

Its been a da#$ long time and my definition keeps changing as I change

The BS I had right now,

Intent of the caster expressed

He laughed and told me I was the only one who had caught that and I was slow but I kept going..

Impeccability

the will not faltering

He asked what was my previous definition
Doing what you set out to do in the exact order you set out to do it in

He nodded his head

Then that rat BA@#$rd added a new word or two that would work with yall

Paradox
Doublethink
Fuzzy Logic

Paradox-
conflicting data sets were both are true

Doublethink-
the ability to believe conflicting sets of Data as true

Fuzzy Logic-
?????
?????
a plus b is equal to c but is not equal to a plus b is equal to c

He insisted I add these definitions and actually continue.. These are the basic building blocks...
continued

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Continued
As for yesterdays events

IT went quiet and peace was achieved

I had to force myself to focus on learning Vietnamese (my Hobby)
Tonal language
Age bias

mispronounce word could be deadly in communication

The whole reason I am doing this is because I want to be able to hear what the ladies doing my feet are saying to each other...

besides I found myself also trying to become completely absorbed by this thread.. I was worse then a kid an christmas and this is the first thing I did this morning.. (WEll Second actually)

Now for my other thoughts.. Must find a pen or pencil to write my day one entry..

As for the skeptics got to love them.. make sure you keep a few around...
like the diary entry they provide a slaves function of whispering your ear all glory is fleeting..

they also keep you grounded... in fact during a magic attack or psychic attack if one is truely a friend they serve another function.. They do not believe and think your insane.. A friend will humor you if you buy them drinks and food.. They create one helluve a buffer.. ( the equivalent of staring down a fifty cal and telling the gunner both he and the gun are figments of his imagination go away..and they do!)

The friend I have who are die hard skeptics have done this for a few select friends.. To the point he slept on the couch of a friends house rent free for over a year... however the issue they were having went away..

I am trying not to piss them off hear... they are little pieces of silver in the universe.. make a lot more interesting conversation.. They also provide some very advanced thought processes you need to learn..

Called logic..

Just do not fall for their god of nothing or their god of science

___
___

Speaking of science
and Pissing contest

Science is best Described as one of the definitions I am adding

Scientific Method
Problem
Hypothesis
Experiment
Obeservations
Conclusions

Please note that someone else's conclusions and or observations are not science...
those who claim so are studying button sorting

This definition brings us to the crux of what your dealing with..

Your definition of learning-

book learning versus infield experience...

book learning's main issue is
No calibration of knowledge to reality

infield's main issue is short-sightedness
all has to produce immediate results otherwise discard

You have to do both and do it well..

so a new word
Learning

added

Paradox
Double think
Fuzzy Logic

as always
Magic

Impeccability

_
_

My hobby I have to go back to doing
I think my next part will cover the language
I am going with the immersion method some what...

I also have continued the writing of stories so technically I have two hobbies..
I have to confess I went and hid in my story writing yesterday to push myself away from this thread...

If anyone want to put up a hobby description feel free.. you will probably inspire someone else here..

I will come back later today and answer some of the post... for now..

_
_

Please note there have been several magic mentioned read back over and see if you can find them.. list them if you want in your journal..

Plenty of reading material

Maybe if someone wants they can ask about the books and their connection to magic or if you can see it... post it

_
_

Instead of being mad at hairless ape
heres a hug

you sounded like you needed one

I cant do that in my diary so worth it...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You forget that the world(law) is built on but two pillars. Love for God and love for your fellow man as yourself. You can master the law but lose your life and everything. Don't be like the pharisees from then and now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join