It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Even if you are a competent practitioner of magic, one thing you certainly are not is a skilled teacher. All of that reads like something I'd expect an eight-year-old to write -- an eight-year-old who has been smoking weed all day.

I don't actually mean that to be personally insulting to you, though I suppose that it inadvertently is. This is something that I perceive to be a very real problem with people in general when they're trying to explain something; they just miserably fail at it.

It just isn't uncommon to encounter extraordinarily intelligent, educated, skilled persons who are all but incapable of lucidly teaching and explaining on the subjects which they're most knowledgeable.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Nicely said.

For me I keep it simple. Magic is there for any one to have and practice. The only thing that we have to overcome is the mind and heart programming that we have been living with for the last 1,700 years. We were all born into a world of propaganda, and unfortunately most will never find their way past it. A pure heart, mind and a very highly developed subconscious, is all one needs.

Most folks, certainly, that I have seen here gravitate to the Crowley brand of Magic, a most difficult endeavor given the philosophical hurdles that are posed from the simple facts of dark, light and the balance that one needs to practice, not to mention that taking an uncontrolled mind into that area of magic can be most dangerous.

Doctors cast spells on people, tell them they have cancer, and voila, they have cancer. Tell a person the sugar pill they swallow will cure them, voila, they are cured. There are all types of magic, and none of it is difficult. Ridding the mind and heart of chaos is the only self inflicted difficulty.

Ancient civilizations practiced as a simple routine, they understood that the field simply mirrored back to them the energy they hurled out into the world. Kinda explains the state of affairs of the world at the moment.

Anyone with influence/power of discernment/dis-Creation (say an ALLOPATH) can will its patients into death state. As you say there are all sorts of carnival magic, Illusionists, what those that can cure DO NOT, the field of medicine is one of money that of profligating 'sickness' and the idea of it rather than health. If everyone were intrinsically heathy, there would be no practices. Those neophytes that dabble with Crowleys brand of Majick are in great danger because they will be out of their depth and this can cause maddness. This disapline was subject to contamination as even though based in the Law of Thelema the human can be corrupted, and Crowley was (as he was only human). You mention the "energetic/force Field of the universe" and the mirroring back to. I see this new craze of "the law of attaction" and how to manipulate it as despotism in the worst way, playing with something not wholely understood.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Originally posted by ripcontrol

ripcontrol
Your two responses indicate that someone has used you in the past
they were in a position of authority you accepted
You got burned and badly apparently
It seems your journey brought you to my D#$% doorstep
Your both gonna have to realize, not everyone who you meet is out to scam you
All i can give you two is this..
I will help you both to the best of my ability
So far you two have been the biggest knuckle heads I have dealt with here
And I know somewhere, one of former teachers is laughing like a grandmother at her daughter over her grandbaby's behavior

Now you are not only an fakir illusionist but a 'seer empath' psychiatrist as well. One of your former teachers should not have let you out of their sight--loosed upon the world.

ripcontrol
You have been rude to the other posters for no reason you insist your reality is the all encompassing end all
you constantly keep trying to test everyone and determine social rankingWell I am nice but I am not your doormatand the other posters are not your doormats either My evidence for what I say is quiet simple
Why is the simple task of writing a journal, Doing definitions,or getting a new hobby bringing this out in you..
If each of you are who you say you are.. Would not a wise practitioner sit and observe my behavior first? Wait to see the results..Perhaps add to the knowledge you both claim to be in possession of.. After all you keep trying to say I am saying X so I must mean Y.. It means I am Z The ones here already see who you are.. They deserve better of you.. especially if you are who you say you are.. I will make no further promises to both of you.. but someone needs to get through your thick skulls..For your actions so far please note I have asked for nothing from either of you, you assumed.. In fact I have not asked for anything I can think of.. If I have call me on it And I will immediately address it..I have promised only to help you if you need it, if I can I have not released any great secrets of the universe only a road map I used If you need my help let me know I will help you if I can..Your gonna have to deal with your issues..The other little piece of evidence That points to thisThe coven I was a part of had a few issues.. I am not breaking the rules of silence here..however..I recognized both your responses.. It took me ten pages to get to it.. It is the same thing some of the practitioners had in the coven. And some of the issues that arose come from someone not doing what I am doing now..It may not sound like much, I do care what happens to you. You cant keep treating people the way you are.The issues you have are only your fault if you continue to let them dominate you.. It truly is stealing your energy.
Are you gonna help yourself or is this to soon..

You have said far too much in this diatribe ENTIRELY PERSONAL TO YOU to even respond to. I know who you are now and question your sanity.
edit on 9-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by okayimhere

Even if you are a competent practitioner of magic, one thing you certainly are not is a skilled teacher. All of that reads like something I'd expect an eight-year-old to write -- an eight-year-old who has been smoking weed all day.

I don't actually mean that to be personally insulting to you, though I suppose that it inadvertently is. This is something that I perceive to be a very real problem with people in general when they're trying to explain something; they just miserably fail at it.

It just isn't uncommon to encounter extraordinarily intelligent, educated, skilled persons who are all but incapable of lucidly teaching and explaining on the subjects which they're most knowledgeable.

An inability to keep a journal, this is a mandate for those of us that actually work in this disapline, otherwise there is no proof of accomplishment, we are (should be catalogers, writers by nature of the craft). How else do we pass it on--the experience of the method and outcome, and RIP says its writer scholar insomuch cannot keep something as simple as a day to day journal?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by okayimhere

An inability to keep a journal, this is a mandate for those of us that actually work in this disapline, otherwise there is no proof of accomplishment, we are (should be catalogers, writers by nature of the craft). How else do we pass it on--the experience of the method and outcome, and RIP says its writer scholar insomuch cannot keep something as simple as a day to day journal?

Uhh... WHAT...?!

In the name of all that's good and decent, and for the sake of the holy, sweet, almighty fourth cousin (by marriage) of God's great granddaddy on his mama's side... I cannot see how in the ever lovin' blue hell that what you said there makes the tiniest sliver of sense -- nor how it at all logically follows my comment that you quoted.

*clutches sanity and runs out of thread at top speed...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by TheMagus

1-You're kind of new to the site, huh?

2-Evidence is often asked for when extraordinary claims are made.

3-As the case would be in many sane peoples "real lives".

2a-

1-actually my 2nd incarnation, but who's counting?
2-this is PARANORMAL STUDIES as in:
proposal for a magical experiment by ...

claims?
3-ROFL, I Am quite "Insane" and have stated so [and how this came to be] since my 1st post

what you say is only true of a minority of the "Sane" in any case.

2a-

“One learns from books and example only that certain things can be done. Actual learning requires that you do those things.”
― Frank Herbert, Children of Dune.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okayimhere

So you dont keep a journal either; and in trying to; out runs (steps out of) your own shoes in fear or ignorance.
Regarding your depiction graffic, you are an elderly man: (suspiciousy looks like Einstein) that occasionally has to regroup stop rewind and find those cross trainers left upon the trail of enlightenment. DONT LEAVE ANY CLUES BEHIND prodigal. That trail has a fork to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Comment from: twohawks on: 10-7-2013 @ 00:51
Rip, thank you so much for the wake up call, as the other stated, majic found everywhere, in every moment, my dabeling of twenty plus years taught me that. Yes, somebody did take advantage, never again. I made it my mission to insure manic would be real from the source, and I believe you are heart felt...I also believe your experience lacks protection for your students! Take responsibility.

Twohawks I will take a moment to answer you.

I hope you do not mind me answering like this..

If it is an issue I will remove it or report it and have the mods remove it if the will

The biggest issue here is hard to verbalize and conceptualize.

I will go slowly and answer any questions over this.

Protection for students.. big issue

Contrary to what some view here the simple things will evolve as we go on. The journal keeping is merely the begining..

So much is built on this alone it is amazing to me. And yes I share my feelings over it so people see directly what I am dealing with.. no hidden emotions or agendas..

The loose record keeping several here have covered as to what it does better then I can.. Coder on page one did an excellent job as have a few others...

The practitioners and wise ones are easily spottable and the louder ones trying to gain social dominance miss this..

The definitions will evolve
This also astounds me. Most of the louder ones are arguing from there definitions and missing other peoples definitions.

A large part of the worlds issue stem from meanings - this leads to misunderstandings- which leads to people being encapsulated in ice..

From my remote viewing acts I am adding something you need to.. The human brain has a processing part nick named the namer guesser or what ever you want to call it.. it takes the incoming stimulus and tags the info... while great it does lead to issues... you see the major problem is that all stimulus that come in afterwords is seen only through that first naming by the human brain..

they call this Analytical Overlay AOL

How will the definition evolve-
They will become more comprehensive and be repeated and route memorization eventually occurs.. I cant go into more detail yet

As for the hobby-
it provides a protection in and of itself

"You can through fireballs .. thats nice... can you do anything else, are you interesting? "

It prevents you from becoming obsessed -
and again someone else here worded the reasoning better then I could hope for

Will the hobby evolve-
if you keep at it.. you will find yourself using skills from one in the other and vice versus

Now for protections in general
it is the whole reason I am moving VERY slowly.. no one gets to letter J without the preceding letters
and fortunately most of the magics require study and work.. even it the system is gamed their is still the Addict effect... it is self protecting

Think for yourself-
Question everything
not saying wont be , interesting responses from those being questioned

No fear-
be willing to walk away from a group or individuals

among other things
every thing is being covered and will be covered

Then we got to philosophies of training

As I have said skip a step... pay a price
I am not repeating the warnings on them for a reason..

Impeccability-

Evolution of self discipline -it highest state

These are the rules the universe works on.. Does the ones your sharing with no good to be the good guy on this part. When they go practice on their own, they need to be prepared

And like most humans, they will try to use this regardless of what is said for personal gain..So instead of arguing with human nature..

The condoms are in the top drawer.. they run out I will grab more.. Always use protection, bareback is not worth it

Yes honey we will get you birth control pills.. the condoms are also in the top drawer.. same spill

_
_

Tell a child not to do something and the child will do it

I discovered another way.. not approved of but very effective
encourage in such a way that the person is suspicious
(smile evilly and sell with non-verbals.. then insist)
to the point they will zone and carefully review all available data
They distrust your motivation and will protect themselves

Security work and parenting teaches you that you cant watch and monitor 100%
the only method to deal with the madness is proper preparing of said person

Journal
Hobby
Definitions

As for your request, listen to that little voice... it will give you a heads up but can be very quite.. listen
surprise something pops up with a warning

The next part is something that you brought up in a roundabout way.. and goes well with others conversations..

Which I will have to cover later.. going to bed

Hereditary versus coven versus solitary

to be continued

needs editing but I go sleepy now

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Just about got off the computer and opened my messages

Seems someone decided to threaten me

which is fine.. I am neither scared nor worried
I think it is more of a misunderstanding but I will deal with it

It just shows me that I will definitely be finishing the protection issue tomorrow because
I have to remember everyone reading is an individual with there own unique circumstances

even open minds close the doors from time to time

Yall have a good night...

edit on 10-7-2013 by ripcontrol because: dream of the better world your building

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Just about got off the computer and opened my messages Seems someone decided to threaten me

That seems over the top for this thread. I hardly think that any of the debate here warrants a threat. Is the threat even connected to this thread?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

actually my 2nd incarnation, but who's counting?

Oh?
So why were you banned the first time you were a member?

Lemme guess: "speaking the truth" (as you saw it).

Or perhaps it was plain old rudeness, or hoaxing, or insulting, talk of drugs too much, spamming, etc.???

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have a question that I noticed no one else asked... You said something to the effect of learning math might be a good idea as far as magic goes. Can you elaborate? I'm enrolled in a Trigonometry course right now.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

the issue resolved itself

In fact I have to make up my part..

It is a simple philosophy I have learned

If something goes wrong
Its my fault

Regardless of the situation, the day or the hour

My fault, regardless of what opinions have been.. Trust me I know my responsibility
The reason for the simplistic avenue again has massive repercussions

It is why I have done this thread this way
Like I said... some distance has to be given from t and c
Emotions will run high

Change something small and like ripples in pond it goes out

Pay now or pay later, but you pay

BTW way thank you for your post..

I do not mind being called something if you see it differently... It does not mean I will change my mind

Some of the people here would not mind hearing some of what you have to share..

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I am curious why you are running them down

So since you claim to be a skeptic but without hairless apes humor

Light another cigarette and provide the proof
The burden of proof is always on the accuser

So where is your proof magic is a fraud

because so far you have made claims against the individual but nothing against the magic

In fact you have constructed some beautiful strawman arguments yet have offered no proof of your own position

You have been offered the chance to construct a spell yet I see no..
Please... magic phooey .. in fact I will ignore the offer to practice because I already know the answer.. Instead I will snipe and troll..

Proof good sir was provided.. a means was offered for you to see it first hand... yet nothing

If the claims are bogus...
Put up or shut up

Good manners dictate a much different avenue from the skeptics.. I have not gone out of my way to claim your just little men with no vision (now I am being mean take note)

Skeptics are an interesting lot
And I do not have my boots on today to deal with you

So what proof do you have..Photos and videos or I do not believe your claims it is faked

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by southofheaven
I have a question that I noticed no one else asked... You said something to the effect of learning math might be a good idea as far as magic goes. Can you elaborate? I'm enrolled in a Trigonometry course right now.

Not a loaded question at all

Besides being cool and the basis of the modern practice of science and button counting

Mathematics is a cornerstone discipline
It is the basis of so many other fields, know nothing of it and your options are limited

Astronomy, physics, computer science, electronics, engineering, chemistry, and many others... all have math as a basis

Trigonometry

Trigonometry (from Greek trigōnon "triangle" + metron "measure"[1]) is a branch of mathematics that studies triangles and the relationships between the lengths of their sides and the angles between those sides. Trigonometry defines the trigonometric functions, which describe those relationships and have applicability to cyclical phenomena, such as waves.

As for the magic

Numerology, Astrology, basic spell casting, among many others

Imagine the possibilities of say using thought forms modeled on certain things.. so many bright possibilities..

In the end not only does it improve you
Acts just like a hobby

it has VERY practical magic application

The easiest I can say is that your understanding of the universe will only be improved.. and you will know something a large part of the population at large including those that practice do not know..

Yes you can cast spells biased on the timing of the moon and the influences of Saturn...

I can count to 22... ( lol)
I also understand the relationships part a has with part j mathematically ..
I just started a new job as a Chemical engineer making 300 g a year..

A lot of the results in some mathematics fields also came from a pursuit of certain magical endeavors

Astrology - Astronomy
Alchemy - chemistry

You might be the one that turns

Magic and Psychic - Applied Energy Manipulation (you will probably have a cooler name for it)

It is the basis of so much as a cornerstone of modern civilization..

I will cover more later I have to actually go to my hobby... Good question

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

How do the Elite men today, keep their power? Secrecy.

How did the ancient elite of yesterday, kept the power? Secrecy.

All of our ancient religions from the forgotten eras (secret eras) couldn't impart certain secrets to citizens. I mean if everyone knew the math involved to create all the priestly magic (notice spelling) - well then their semi-divine aspect of control would fracture. Wouldn't it? Eventually, this came to pass anyways - as knowledge/truth can be suppressed for only so long. Eventually, there's always that really smart serf that just had to go and figure it out. We can become obsessed, I tell, ya - "give them a pill!". Well back then I suppose it was, "string them up to the tree." or "burn them". But with the ancient pagan priests, once the public started to get wise to illusion, and the science/math behind stage magic - tactics had to change.

The Elite also knew the capricious nature of Mother Earth. Her devastation can reduce humanity to dire numbers, huddling in caves, and praying through the knees that they make it through the calamity. In order to ensure - that mankind could rise again, after a devastation - they encoded math into their hieroglyphs and artifacts. Set it in stone. This is why archeologists, scientists, and mathematicians become so excited when something new of old is discovered, and then why we might never really hear much about it again once discovered!
The actually discoveries of these artifacts, can have transformation effects on the world, and the elite want first crack at them. After all, they are from a divine line of kings, right? And they have been doing such great job thus far...
And it's only their own knowledge lost to them - the rest of us are just talking monkeys.

So, sacred geometry is encoded into our mystery traditions. For several reasons, all of which make it an interesting, fascinating study.

Blessings,
Cirque

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Wrong course, it would be geometry, the double GG as far as freemasons would understand it, God=Geometry=God; or the Quabala, heavy on the numbers.
edit on 10-7-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

So where is your proof magic is a fraud

I don't think I ever said anything about that one way or the other, if you re-read the post...why so defensive?

The burden of proof is always on the accuser

Put up or shut up

I don't recall making any "accusations" for one. And I am not the one who is saying one can construct spells. Subjective claims are not "proof".

And the one making those claims (in this case magic) is the one with the burden.

Second: the member you may be referring to in the latter part of your post attacked me in another thread with no good reason.

I read his post in this thread and responded to him.

Is that ok with you?

edit on 7/10/2013 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

no it's not...

What you admitted to is considered called thread stalking.. a huge t and c violation

Your just lucky I asked the mods for a wide berth. I am not reporting it to the mods.. since the universe brought you here, why did you choose to follow him here.

You gave him power.. in skeptic terms.. you made him important psychologically.. in those dynamics you only gave the other person control..

The is from your viewpoint psychologically..

As the challenged.. and the thread op... I did answer your response..

I offer proof and you want none... again write the spell ..post it... we will review it.. fix it then you cast it...

Brb... on phone
Better said bbiamo2

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Now good sir I am curious as to your answer to my response

What could have been so important... As a skeptic why did you not apply the rules of brain over brawn and take the high road

It appears you got mad first.. I may be wrong but come on

I demand more of the skeptics then what your giving me here... Come on .. the practitioners deserve better debunking efforts then your giving them.. Critical thinking skills are key.. please contribute to the level I know you can..

P.S.
The proof still stands

@magus

This is not meant to be derogatory towards you

I am trying to get to Chambers reasons for the thread stalking.. I have to communicate differently to him

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join