It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
For all of you who have asked me both recently and a long time ago

So you want to practice magic.. Well I usually charge a million dollars an hour.. But I tell you what, for you.. just for you I will give you a free sample..

(please note these views do not represent ATS or its members or me
)

I am a cruel teacher
You do not pick something up, later on spell go boom in your face, I take no responsibility

You do magic and do not like the results.. tough luck buddy you do not properly preplan it is on your head

First choice you have to make:

Of which I suffer no consequences

Do you want the American method or the Russian method?

American method-
understand the theory and intensive training
billion dollar pen writes in space

Russian method
it works
number two pencil- still works after half a bottle of vodka

So cherry pick at your expense (enjoy)

This is going to be simple..

Your first assignment is this
Keep a diary entry of your days event
we will use this to build on... and you will need it

No excuses.. EVERY day I want you to make an entry of your days events and the details of them..

You go back and do two in one day.. You fail
oh its worthless and you do not do it.. You fail

Please note I am being a hypocrite but your the one wanting to practice

The first two weeks will be the hardest as you try to discipline yourself to make those entries every day..
If you fail.. no respawn point.. start two weeks over

Now with our assignment out of the way Lets start the conversation out the same way I got it

WHAT IS MAGIC?

Well what is it

To know
To will
To dare
To keep silent

Energy-
the universe is magic

what a mage practices?

I cheated and just nodded my head...

The truth is I did not know what the answer was..

What I have found
everything is interconnected
Practioner affects the experiment
energy manipulation is different then classical magic
Psychic is different then classical magic
Science is the scientific method everything else is button sorting
Past science experiments have magical side effects..

Yall ready for this ride...

Okay definitions
Magic
Blood Magic
Remote viewing
Necromancy
Vodoo
Angelic magics
Prayer
Gardenarian
Dianieic - (check spelling)
Satanism

This week you can respond with any types of magic you know of

The key to this is several things
You have to hand write all your diary /journal entries- typing does not count

Same for definitions-
you have to hand write them...

I will not defend the reasons for last two statements it is do nor do not

Here is the first key so to speak.. the definitions are how your mind structures reality.. feel free to disagree with my interpretations on defs.. the 7 p's are on your head

By writing the journal you..

You almost got it for free..

You have one other assignment separate but equal to the above one..

You have to find a hobby completely separate from practicing magic.. and the amount of energy you put into practicing magic has to equally go into practicing hobby X

Hour for hour second for second..

Lets say your learning to play guitar and spend two hours with it..

Well your practicing guitar means two hours of magic practicing..

One day you will understand. You can change hobbies if you become bored with it.. (your weaknesses will expose themselves to you...) but it has to have equal time

So journals
Definitions
-any you think of that are not on the list yet post
GET A HOBBY

Welcome to the world of being a mage..

If your real good we will cover money magics.. it will be your favorite and least favorite parts... For now

Wax On / Wax Off

Jacket on/ Jacket off

Just so you know... small print you can skip reading..

This is called a year and a day most of the time for a reason.. You have things change for you.. it will change quickly.. You have to have the mental toughness or well.. enjoy.. the SHTF warning has been given..

New christian go through the same thing as do all practitioners of religions...

We can discuss this as well if you want.. I have my own theories...

We are energy
change thought process change the energy
Environment responds differently

Proceed at own risk

CIAO

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Feel free to ask any question you want and share what you want..

as for the synthesis masters.. please note quietly inbuilt curse like hidden code is about

play nice and participate.. you will need this

in case my insane self missed something

Journal
Definitions
Hobby outside of magic

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So basically your just saying "theres no such thing as magic, get a hobby and stop thinking bout magic" is that right?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
So basically your just saying "theres no such thing as magic, get a hobby and stop thinking bout magic" is that right?

Actually there is such a thing as magic

I created this thread to answer a request or two about what magic is.. The only way to explain is set up and show...

I am also at the point in my studies where I am returning what was given freely

Hobby equals insurance policy- long story- hit the I believe button for now

Magic is all around us- never left
right now is first stretch the mind

well before you start jogging

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Another question I have is, what if we don't do anything, me for example:

I play games and watch whats happening here on ATS. Would I write that down? Doesn't really seem like important information to write down to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

A question about the journal,
Could the student make entries about events throughout the day or is it more beneficial to recount events at the end of the day, or is that relevant?

star and flag

edit on 5-7-2013 by tanda7 because: s&f

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The Magus approves this Thread

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic. (D363)

What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? (D39)

Time and Space are categories imposed on the universe by our Mind. (C309)

Reason is valuable only when it performs against the wordless background of the universe. (G257)

It is very difficult to learn how to work your own mind. You learn first that the mind must be allowed to work itself. You can work your own muscles, but the mind acts of itself. Sometimes, when you have learned this about the mind, it shows you things you do not want to see. (C130)

When you think to take determination of your fate into your own hands, that is the moment you can be crushed. Be cautious. Allow for surprises. When we create, there are always other forces at work. (S450)

The objects of our palpable sense experience can be influenced by choice both conscious choice and unconscious. This is a demonstrated fact that does not require that we believe some force within us reaches out and touches the universe. I address a pragmatic relationship between belief and what we identify as "real." All of our judgements carry a heavy burden of belief. It is not enough that we are aware of this and guard against it. Alternative interpretations must always receive our attention. (H281)

This is the awe-inspiring universe of magic: There are no atoms, only waves and motion all around. Here, you discard all belief in barriers to understanding. You put aside understanding itself. This universe cannot be seen, cannot be heard, cannot be detected in any way by fixed perceptions. It is the ultimate void where no preordained screens occur upon which forms may be projected. You have only one awareness here the screen of the magi: Imagination! Here you learn what it is to be human. You are a creator of order, of beautiful shapes and systems, an organizer of chaos. (H288)

-quoted from from Frank Herbert's : The Chronicles of Dune

bookmarking for later

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

I don't think that is what's being said here at all. The journaling exercise is an excellent way to clearly see and rid yourself of bad habits and add focus/meaning to all that yo do. The daily practice of journaling allows one to move energy. It provides a release for pent-up negative emotions and allows you to welcome positive energy into your experience via gratitude. Whether a person is choosing the path of the 'magi' or not does not effect the importance of daily journaling.

The importance of keeping up the practice for two weeks, and do it till you get it right before moving on, is a bit like boot camp. Not many people can do this for two week straight right out of the gate. Once you master this simple practice you'll be more disciplined and mentally prepared for the journey ahead.

Why you should have another hobby:

If you focus all of your creative energy on anything you could easily burn out. Putting equal energy into a second hobby has many benefits including:

1. The second hobby gives you a chance to step away from your spiritual practice for a while. The subconscious mind is still processing what you've learned. Stepping away from something you love also allows a person the opportunity to miss it, as in, distance makes the heart grow fonder.

2. The second hobby helps to keep your creative juices flowing and enhance your creativity abilities. One of my other hobbies is singing and even though I pour myself into my hobby, I sometimes receive insights and epiphanies while in the middle of a song. To me it seems that my other hobbies help keep my mind in a creative place. It's been my experience that a second hobby involving music can be one of the most effective.

So is magic real? I've seen people do amazing things and I believe we can all do them. What we call magic today is probably closer to a re-awakening. With a lot of practice and self-discipline, determination or whatever it is that makes people excel, anybody can be a magician.

A word of caution:
Be prepared to live with the consequences. Once parts of your mind begin re-awakening you can begin to experience life in new ways that can sometimes help and other times, not so much. Look at the 'magic' of Empathy for example. Listening by feeling is an incredible resource in almost every situation and at the same time the better you get the worse it becomes because you now have to learn to control it and determining what feeling and thoughts are really yours can be a really mess sometimes. How do you counter this side effect? One way is through the 'magic' of energy cleaning which can be done by any number of practitioners such as Pranic Healers and Rieke masters. Eventually, through diligent practice, a person can to clear their own energy and also how to more precisely understand the magic of 'empathy'.

This is just one example out of sea of infinite possibilities in the world of magic, where the gap between student and master is wide and deep, so have patience with yourself if it's a path your choosing.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So is the purpose of this for the apprentice to learn what it is the magic does or how it works with this experiment?

Thats a pretty rough way to teach someone. Oh heres a bomb if you dont know how to use it and it explodes in your face not my fault.

But, i am 100% for learning yourself as the earliest form of magic. Probably the most important part to.
edit on 5-7-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
For all of you who have asked me both recently and a long time ago

So you want to practice magic.. Well I usually charge a million dollars an hour.. But I tell you what, for you.. just for you I will give you a free sample..

(please note these views do not represent ATS or its members or me
)
I am a cruel teacher
You do not pick something up, later on spell go boom in your face, I take no responsibility
You do magic and do not like the results.. tough luck buddy you do not properly preplan it is on your head

Lucifer had the mandate alright. It already had the game plan and just like our favorite son/savior was going to pay for bending the rules (Source Entity did not put him up to this, Origin did, in fact was the double agent infiltration). You realize our society encompasses everything that happens, in the higher realms become the OUR OWN TEMPLATE). I think any directions for the imaginations that took the human out of slavery would be a better existance even if it meant another YGWH flood, (worst God exsitance ever). Paradise Son, was the answer to the double agent, look here you, we insert something potencially just as powerful---problem---fear always triumphs love and static safety because the One can kill you, the other just promises another meaningless life after death ; encoded Fear again all over again of the some indoctrination, FEAR. Tax time again, this would be 'groundhog day' every 2nd of February.

Mans law is Gods law, its morals, its best intentions, set down as to show a path of rightousness, perserving the best parts of humankind, not to envelope or control it. Can I give my will over to God, Why yes, it is done and there was quite the fight over my freewill. Not involving 'love' so much as basic TRUST.

I have done the 'blood letting' I am a writing channel. My name is Veteran Human Being.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
So is the purpose of this for the apprentice to learn what it is the magic does or how it works with this experiment?

Thats a pretty rough way to teach someone. Oh heres a bomb if you dont know how to use it and it explodes in your face not my fault.

But, i am 100% for learning yourself as the earliest form of magic. Probably the most important part to

He has not said what his vein is, there are several (HES fishing).

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

coder two post down from yours answered it better then I could and it was clear and concise.. make sure you star his because he answered it

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7

A question about the journal,
Could the student make entries about events throughout the day or is it more beneficial to recount events at the end of the day, or is that relevant?

star and flag

edit on 5-7-2013 by tanda7 because: s&f

Do you shower in the morning?

Or

Do you shower before bed?

Each has its own results, same as your question

Military prefers showers during training at the end of day, and it sticks to bare basics..

My thinking

which is opinion here

is that it might be more beneficial to do an end of day..

I will admit the prospect of throughout the day is novel to me and not a bad idea either...

The factor behind the choice is this

YOU

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Thank you

As for the quote

just Awesome

Inspiration is a good subject.. I am always for where you find it

I am also a big sci-fi fan

hurbert was right

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by coder

I hope a pagan mod reads your answer because you cut right to the reason for the hobby

it deserve applause

you nailed it right on the head

it is an insurance policy for exactly what you said

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

But, i am 100% for learning yourself as the earliest form of magic. Probably the most important part to.
edit on 5-7-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Building blocks and fundamentals

I am foreshadowing much later material with a simple warning.. To many of those who want to learn come for the wrong reasons

Coders answer gives much in the way of the building blocks and Magus's answer hit a lot of the truth (good find on quote.)

It can be viewed as you worded it.. However with the analogy in mind..

this is not here is the explosive..

it is started much simpler..
This class is a pencil
this is the paper you write on
now we put our names at the top of the paper

their is tons more to go

I know there will be those who want to go through the russian method

it works
use it
i believe button

I am start more along the line of the american method of training, development, testing, practice, then use

Kung Fu and other martial arts are a good example..
years of training and practice

we are learning how to enter the dojo

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I want to say something but I want to make sure it doesnt run the con part magic sometimes slips into

My personal experience is that some times it works faster with cleaner results then magic..

My Favorite arguments I had with my Coven

They decide to make the matrix an object of study
I was asked my opinion

Remember the scene with the kid and the spoon

yes

What spoon

We remember the scene

good , what karma

I was chewed out till a visiting elder intervened and asked why they still had not answered my question

The other time was over card reading

I stated that to me it was con and it was how I viewed it.. however

I walked them through the con part. I was pretty accurate
however at the end I started making some far leaps past logic
pulling detail I can see no logical recourse I could have gotten

I was more accurate with that reading then I ever have been
( the person I was reading for confirmed details with only me three days later..)

I will say this to your post I feel pain and emotional stress..I would say find a way to deal with it.. it interferes with your life and absorbs energy that could be put to better use.. To much time dealing with old issues that drain the present and wreck the future
brb

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
He has not said what his vein is, there are several (HES fishing).

I do want to get negative from your answers

however I find your signature to hilarious

GOD IS A COMEDIAN WHOSE AUDIENCE NEGLECTS TO LAUGH

We do not like being the but of the joke..

I prefer reading to fishing..

these are the very basics
you should be able to move into any of the traditions or field with this quiet easily

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A "how to" magic thread, and no mention of attention at all?

Magic is not in the wand, it's in what the wand does, which is to direct an focus attention. If your magic isn't dealing with attention and the realm it works in (archetypal realm), it's not worth a damn.

Try OccultCorpus.com if you want to learn about magic.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A reading list

Okay..

21 irrefutable laws of leadership

John C Maxwell

Outliers

Outliers

Outliers: The Story of Success is a non-fiction book written by Malcolm Gladwell and published by Little, Brown and Company on November 18, 2008. In Outliers, Gladwell examines the factors that contribute to high levels of success. To support his thesis, he examines the causes of why the majority of Canadian ice hockey players are born in the first few months of the calendar year, how Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates achieved his extreme wealth, how The Beatles became one of the most successful musical acts in human history, how Joseph Flom built Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom into one of the most successful law firms in the world, how cultural differences play a large part in perceived intelligence and rational decision making, and how two people with exceptional intelligence, Christopher Langan and J. Robert Oppenheimer, end up with such vastly different fortunes. Throughout the publication, Gladwell repeatedly mentions the "10,000-Hour Rule", claiming that the key to success in any field is, to a large extent, a matter of practicing a specific task for a total of around 10,000 hours.

Tipping point

Tipping Point

The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference (ISBN 0-316-31696-2) is a book by Malcolm Gladwell, first published by Little Brown in 2000.
Gladwell defines a tipping point as "the moment of critical mass, the threshold, the boiling point."[1] The book seeks to explain and describe the "mysterious" sociological changes that mark everyday life. As Gladwell states, "Ideas and products and messages and behaviors spread like viruses do."[2] The examples of such changes in his book include the rise in popularity and sales of Hush Puppies shoes in the mid-1990s and the steep drop in the New York City crime rate after 1990.

Blink

Blink

Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking is a 2005 book by Malcolm Gladwell. It presents in popular science format research from psychology and behavioral economics on the adaptive unconscious; mental processes that work rapidly and automatically from relatively little information. It considers both the strengths of the adaptive unconscious, for example in expert judgment, and its pitfalls such as stereotypes.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join