It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This site is filled with Reactionaries

page: 4
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

It could easily be said this site is filled with Radicalism, which is the political opposite of your Reactionary thread title, but that would be HIGHLY misleading, right?

I don't have a Biased website that you could poke holes in, to give to you though.......

For your last comment, are you implying the site I linked to is biased against Reactionaries?!? It paints Reactionaries in a pretty good light if you actually read it.

Now, I'm all up for some debate on where people fall in the political spectrum on this site. From what I've seen, people generally hold conservative views here. I could've sworn I've read multiple places that conspiracy sites in general have a rather large conservative viewership. I'm just taking it a step farther, and saying based on my experience, I've noticed many people who hold the political views that are attributed to reactionaries.

Let's look at Obamacare. Are most people seeking the progressive stance supporting it here, or taking the reactionary stance of speaking out against it?

I'll give a specific example since you brought up Bush. There was a thread awhile back that was very popular and had many views with people speaking out against a specific thing Obama did. Now this was something I knew for sure that Bush had done too. So I looked up threads about it. I found one, 2 page thread about it. In fact, I saw a person defending Bush about the topic, who was attacking Obama for the very same topic in the recent thread.

Am I saying everyone here is a reactionary or a conservative? Of course not. There are indeed many liberally minded folks. But I think, based on my observations, the majority is conservative. Not only that, but the specific type of conservative, Reactionaries.




posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


beezzer,

You are exactly the kind of person who needs to read BATR articles.

Grow up, we all live in a society that celebrates reverse discrimination. If you cannot handle the challenge to the "PC" culture, how will you ever begin to confront the power brokers who are destroying our mutual future?

Our essays are read widely and the vast majority of traffic agree with the anti-establishment positions that are stated. If you are so turned off or offended, look in a mirror and ask what do you do to re-create a true REPUBLIC.

SARTRE



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375


Am I saying everyone here is a reactionary or a conservative? Of course not.



Then WHY in Gods name have a title that states....

This site is filled with Reactionaries

Come now Ghost........



When I think of "filled" I think of Cockroaches oozing out the woodwork!




Would have been more impressed with:

This site is filled with Reactionaries, and Radicals.....

You would have covered your bases then...



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sartre
reply to post by beezzer
 


beezzer,

You are exactly the kind of person who needs to read BATR articles.


I did read some.


Grow up, we all live in a society that celebrates reverse discrimination. If you cannot handle the challenge to the "PC" culture, how will you ever begin to confront the power brokers who are destroying our mutual future?


Please. Insults? Using racist language to prove a point? If that is the limit to your thinking or vocabulary then perhaps more schooling is needed.


Our essays are read widely and the vast majority of traffic agree with the anti-establishment positions that are stated. If you are so turned off or offended, look in a mirror and ask what do you do to re-create a true REPUBLIC.

SARTRE




Lemme guess. You want to "fundamentally transform".



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 


lol ok, I really didn't think the title would come off like that. It's supposed to just be a matter of fact tone.

but look, at the threads in the political ideology forum...
the ones that have ! in front of them all have conservative or Republican in the title.


Then there's this quote I found:


One of the main reasons I enjoy coming on ATS is because I know that not a lot of people will agree with my "liberal" views. I know that 90% of the people on the ATS political forums are conservative/republican. Honestly it would be boring to be on a website where the majority of people agreed with me.


Are there radicals here? Sure. But I'm fairly certain the vast majority are conservative. That's all I meant by "filled."
edit on 6-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer




Lemme guess. You want to "fundamentally transform".


Well it IS the PC way........




posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


The true insult is a system that is afraid of confronting topics that may be too uncomfortable for some to face much less deal with.



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by sonnny1
 


lol ok, I really didn't think the title would come off like that. It's supposed to just be a matter of fact tone.

but look, at the threads in the political ideology forum...
the ones that have ! in front of them all have conservative or Republican in the title.


Then there's this quote I found:


One of the main reasons I enjoy coming on ATS is because I know that not a lot of people will agree with my "liberal" views. I know that 90% of the people on the ATS political forums are conservative/republican. Honestly it would be boring to be on a website where the majority of people agreed with me.





edit on 6-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)


That's how I took it, immediately.

Not to mention there was no "other" end of the spectrum to compare it too.


Because we know damn well there is.



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 


Gee, think sonnny1 is on to something?

Though that Radical Reactionary batr.org... is the name of the site !!!



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   


Grow up, we all live in a society that celebrates reverse discrimination.


I am going to disagree I say we live in a society of self discrimination and progressive facists need government to tell them how 'special' they are.

Reactionairies?

Are the grown ups.



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Let me ask you some questions Beezer....really this goes to everyone.

Are you for bigger or smaller government?

Do you want to secure the borders and do you support amnesty for illegal immigrants?

Do you support balancing the budget?

Defend the bill of rights?

Pro-life?

Are you a strong supporter of separation of church and state or do you think we need more religion in our govt?

Are you supportive of the IRS and the income tax?

Are you more supportive of individualism or collectivism?

Do you find yourself reacting to issues you disagree with, or promoting issues you agree with?




edit on 6-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 

your source quotes a wiki definition, which you quoted as being from the source. some other things from the source:


The slurs slung for contemptuous connotation illustrate the fear that people will one day wake up to their true heritage. Consequently, let’s get the term correct. A Reactionary is a rational moralist combating cultural and political insanity.

batr.org...
sounds like your source article is correcting the misinterpretation of the word. it doesn't surprise me one bit that all you would quote from the source is the misleading definition given by another source that is being debunked.

i know of very few people who would say that america has become better with age.

the source goes on to list the differences between being reactionary, neo-con, progressive, and fascist. i must say that the constitution and the positions of the founders are more in line with a "reactionary" position.

edit on 6-7-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

That's how I took it, immediately.

Not to mention there was no "other" end of the spectrum to compare it too.


Because we know damn well there is.

I knew my post could be misinterpreted as an attack of sorts. I really did try to word it in a way that was neutral. and that's why I put the part about me not thinking it was good or bad.

But I did list off the other parts of the spectrum and gave directions to the site.

I was making the argument that I think there are many people who fall in the Reactionary part of the spectrum here. It would've detracted from my argument if i went into any more details about progressives or neocons.
edit on 6-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96
 


Submit there is no conflict with either assessment.

However, mainstream conservatives are their own worst enemy. The GOP has forfeited legitimacy because it abandoned core values and traditional principles. Republicans capitulate to reverse discrimination against the most authentic Patriots and adopt a guilt ridden ethos that prevents rational policies and individual liberty.



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

your source quotes a wiki definition, which you quoted as being from the source. some other things from the source:


The slurs slung for contemptuous connotation illustrate the fear that people will one day wake up to their true heritage. Consequently, let’s get the term correct. A Reactionary is a rational moralist combating cultural and political insanity.

batr.org...
sounds like your source article is correcting the misinterpretation of the word. it doesn't surprise me one bit that all you would quote from the source is the misleading definition given by another source that is being debunked.

Dude...I quoted both.



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I knew this was coming. . . but I'll play.


Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by beezzer
 


Let me ask you some questions Beezer....really this goes to everyone.

Are you for bigger or smaller government?


Smaller.


Do you want to secure the borders and do you support amnesty for illegal immigrants?


Both.


Do you support balancing the budget?


I support a much SMALLER budget.


Defend the bill of rights?


Yes.


Pro-life?


Yes.


Are you a strong supporter of separation of church and state or do you think we need more religion in our govt?


I think our representatives need to find faith in whatever religion suits them.


Are you supportive of the IRS and the income tax?


No.


Are you more supportive of individualism or collectivism?


Individualism.


Do you find yourself reacting to issues you disagree with, or promoting issues you agree with?


Neither. I "pen" posts where I think I can contribute and provide insight.




edit on 6-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 



Look at this site. People respond very reactively, particularly those who hold these ultraconservative views. They sit around waiting for something to respond to. When something happens they don't like, they respond vigorously.

you're tossing around words that sound the same, yet have different definitions, in an attempt to deceive people.

people respond very reactively? may as well say "people respond very respondingly" there is a difference between reacting to a post, and subscribing to the "reactionary" take on the theory of government, yet you would want people to not see this.

"when something happens they don't like, they respond vigorously" like the OP from you? look at your vigorous reaction, you MUST be a reactionary, right?



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sartre
reply to post by neo96
 


Submit there is no conflict with either assessment.

However, mainstream conservatives are their own worst enemy. The GOP has forfeited legitimacy because it abandoned core values and traditional principles. Republicans capitulate to reverse discrimination against the most authentic Patriots and adopt a guilt ridden ethos that prevents rational policies and individual liberty.


I think the GOP are Neo-cons. The average conservative and person viewing this site falls under the reactionary heading. The average democrats are progressives. Democratic politicians are fascists using the progressive movement to further their fascist agenda. Well really, both party politicians are fascist.



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 


Since this was to 'everyone'



Are you for bigger or smaller government?


Smaller Government



Do you want to secure the borders and do you support amnesty for illegal immigrants?


Yep, don't think people who break the law and enter illegally should get rewarded. They didn't think to much of their birth citizenship in the first place so why do people expect American citizenship have any meaning.




Do you support balancing the budget?


Yep




Defend the bill of rights?


Yep



Pro-life?


Yep A fetus should have the same right to life as it's mother, and should also have the same 'reproductive rights'. Government doesn't need to get involved



Are you a strong supporter of separation of church and state or do you think we need more religion in our govt?


Religion is a path one walks alone, of free will nor should it be denied.




re you supportive of the IRS and the income tax?


Abolish the income tax, and the IRS the income tax was first created to pay down debt the only thing it is used for is a transfer of wealth mechanism that is politically being manipulated.



Are you more supportive of individualism or collectivism?


Individualism



posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375
 


EXACTY CORRECT . . .



new topics

top topics



 
17
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join