It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flagstaff Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I was stationed at Ft Luke and made frequent trips to Ft Tuthill. I had talked to some of the locals about the stories of UFO's around Flagstaff and even the more interesting one about the Snowflake abduction. Several of the locals claimed that lights could be seen dancing around the mountain tops and even landing on them as well. During a couple of early morning observations, I did see some lights that hovered above
, I believe Mt Elden. These finally came to rest on the top. I attempted to get a better vantage point but the lights disappeared. I have no idea what it was but I thought I would share with ATS.
Since I am now stationed at Los Alamos, and commute home to Taos, I have had the opportunity to talk with a local police chief. His name is Frank Gallegos, Chief of Police for Questa. He shared his stories of cattle mutilations and UFO observations. Since I'm close to Dulce, I plan to return there, and I'll follow up, again, if I see anything.
Now, here is the video from Flagstaff.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As I posted in another thread, tiny dots of light at night will almost never be identified. If these lights can be seen "dancing around" or "landing" on top of the mountain, then why doesn't someone just go up or near there to video instead of doing it from miles away where you can't tell what's going on.

These lights have absolutely no frame of reference. You can't even tell if they're in the air, on the ground, on top or side of a mountain. Videos without any frame of reference are useless from a research point of view.

This could be a plane's landing lights in the sky, or a car's headlights on the ground. There's just not enough information.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Also as a resident of NM; I have seen much high strangeness in the Jemez but especially up north in So. Colo. and the 4 corners area. Thanks for the video.

I never post my videos because I just don't need the snarky comments.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
As I posted in another thread, tiny dots of light at night will almost never be identified. If these lights can be seen "dancing around" or "landing" on top of the mountain, then why doesn't someone just go up or near there to video instead of doing it from miles away where you can't tell what's going on.

These lights have absolutely no frame of reference. You can't even tell if they're in the air, on the ground, on top or side of a mountain. Videos without any frame of reference are useless from a research point of view.

This could be a plane's landing lights in the sky, or a car's headlights on the ground. There's just not enough information.

You obviously missed 1:34 to 2:00 and 2:20 to 2:37 of the video, where I zoomed out to view the parking lot. But that's OK, I realize that there will be some knee Jerk comments from some people that don't view the entire video.
I invite you to come to Los Alamos/Taos, so that you can join me on my next trip to Dulce or Questa NM for the cattle mutilations.
Thanks for your contribution.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

where I zoomed out to view the parking lot.

Could you go back there during the day and film from that same spot so we can see the street lamps in view with the horizon? You say this thing was hovering, but I would like to be able to confirm there is no tower, mountains or anything else in line with the "Triagular" lights.

That would go a long way to confirming they were up in the sky. Instead of just telling us they were, I mean.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yes, I saw the whole video. Zooming out to the parking lot doesn't help the cause. It's too dark where the lights are to tell what's going on where the lights are.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

My old man grew up in Taos, many a strange sight. And it is such a beautiful area.

I want to believe

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Always great to see fellow members who get out and actively pursue the topic. In your case even talking with the Chief of Police. Impressive and kudos.

You are definitely positioned in an area with a prolific history. Looking forward to more of your posts and updates.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subterranean13

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

You obviously missed 1:34 to 2:00 and 2:20 to 2:37 of the video, where I zoomed out to view the parking lot. But that's OK, I realize that there will be some knee Jerk comments from some people that don't view the entire video.
I invite you to come to Los Alamos/Taos, so that you can join me on my next trip to Dulce or Questa NM for the cattle mutilations.
Thanks for your contribution.

And there's the usual defensive-asshole follow up post. This guys not looking for a rational explanation, only for people to agree with what he wants to believe.

Lights in the middle of a back screen show nothing, and cannot be used to determine anything, even if you zoom out and lose them every so often.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Subterranean13 because: (no reason given)

I'm not asking you to believe in something that I don't even know what it was that I saw. I did find it unusual that the lights eventually settled down onto the top of Mt Elden. However, your derogatory "defensive-asshole" (how this got past the Mods is a mystery) comment is a typical ad hominem attack.
However, members are welcome to join me when I go to Dulce, and don't forget you camera.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here are the Google earth coordinates:
35 12’34.04” N 111 34’36.19” W
and GE photo. The yellow pin was my vantage point.

GE ground level view, although not exact, you get the picture.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

where I zoomed out to view the parking lot.

Could you go back there during the day and film from that same spot so we can see the street lamps in view with the horizon? You say this thing was hovering, but I would like to be able to confirm there is no tower, mountains or anything else in line with the "Triagular" lights.

That would go a long way to confirming they were up in the sky. Instead of just telling us they were, I mean.

Flagstaff is about 8 hrs from Los Alamos, so no, I won't be returning soon. I know there are some members that live there or nearby. Perhaps they can help out with your query, but there are no tower lights up there that I remember. Come to think of it, that is rather odd.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Thank you. Correct me if I am wrong but your vantage point shows a mountain top just about where the lights are visible in your video. You even mention it in your OP as a Mount (Elden?) or some such?

No?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And your point is?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

And your point is?

That the "fixed' lights in your video were on top of yonder peak. I was speculating that, I can't really know because I wasn't there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Actually, I don't think it's odd that there are no tower lights on Mt Elden at all.

The SF Peaks are right nearby and much higher. Whatever purview for transmitting that a tower owner would want would be MUCH MUCH BETTER on the San Francisco Peaks at 14,000+ feed high.

A Mt Elden tower would have the Peaks blocking everything it wanted to transmit to in that broad direction--NE & East of there.

Actually, I wonder what the height difference is between the top of Mt Elden and the highrise dorms at NAU. Mt Elden is not really all that high--it's more like a moderate sized hill.

Are the volcanic cinder cones on the other side of the Peaks higher? I don't know.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

And your point is?

That the "fixed' lights in your video were on top of yonder peak. I was speculating that, I can't really know because I wasn't there.

No, the lights were not fixed.
Jim Anderson's son ( Jim Anderson Jewelery 2300 N 4th St
Flagstaff (928) 526-0074 ) had told me of the UFO that he saw by the mountain behind the Purina food plant.
It was in this direction that I had been observing. I had noticed some lights that were moving and then hovering. It was then that I decided to begin videoing the lights. After I panned the parking lot, the lights had quickly moved above the mountain. From where I was, it appeared to have settled down on the top of Mt Eldon. During the two months that I had been at Ft. Tuthill USAF-RA, I had never noticed these lights there before.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I neglected to add in my post just above . . . I think the fact that Mt Elden had no such towers etc. would lend support to your hypothesis of UFO's being seen.

Usually, in my experience 40 years ago . . . Mt Elden was not all that exciting a place . . . unless there were lovers' lanes there that I never knew about. LOL.

new topics

top topics

join