It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotech Live Action Movie - 2016?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I've been following this for a while (since 2007, when the rights were first optioned). I LOVED this series as a kid, and can't WAIT to see it on the big screen.

Tobey McGuire's production company bought it (he wants to be Rick Hunter....I can live with it).

Apparently, not much news for a LONG time, but then Nic Mathieu was signed as director in Feb. it seems. So, they are moving forward with it. They are hoping to capitalize on the nostalgia of it, like Transformers did.

I really hope this pans out. Casting should be fun for it. Lots of young music/actiing starlets could fit Minmei. We have Rick. Owen Wilson basically IS Roy. Clint Eastwood or Edward James Olmos would be great for the Captain. Lots of hot actresses for Lisa Hayes too.

Most of all, the Zentraedi would look great on film, and the scale of them compared with humans, that'd be some great movie-making there.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
No longer will we have to make do with Robot Jox and its sequel for live action mech action. Nice find.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This was the first and only cartoon that I could see people die every day on.

This was hardcore to me as a kid.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I loved that show when I was a teenager

One of the best cartoon series out there at the time for what it was.

Hope the movie does the cartoon justice!

It would be one killer movie!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I liked Robotech as a kid ok teenager lol.

My first exposure to the world of Japanese Animation and for the next 20 years I saw some of the coolest stuff,well written entertainment ever.

Sorry American film wouldn't do it justice unless they got the people behind transformers series, and Ironman.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It really has a LOT of potential (and the potential for sequels) if done right. Heck, just make a movie out of the first couple of episodes, and you're golden. Casting will be key, as well as the effects looking great. One thing we can't do anything about is Tobey McGuire as Rick Hunter, but even that is ok.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Probably the closest I'll get to a Mechwarrior Movie.

I prefer Mechwarrior Mechs over Crazy Ninja Anime mechs, but I suppose this will do. Really I liked the earthsiege/starsiege mechs, and the organic self aware mechs. Use to watch a lot of robotech/macross I don't dislike it or anything just partial to Mechwarrior 3050

edit on 8-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Idea for the franchise's movies (each a 2hr block)....

Robotech - Crash of the SDF-1, arrival of the Zentraedi, battle in Macross City, the space fold maneuver as the climax (with the aftermath of that)

Robotech 2: Saturn's Rings - Arrival in Pluto's orbit, Zentraedi battles, then to Saturn, the battle, with the climax as the Daedalus maneuver, and escape

Robotech 3: Battle of Mars - Zentraedi trap, the battle, Khyron is introduced here, with the climax as the base's reflex furnace being blown up.

Robotech 4: Return to Earth - Zentraedi spies, their conversion to "Micronian" customs, the introduction of Max and Miriya, etc. with the climax as the truce agreement after the battle.

Robotech 5: The Final Battle - Dolza and the fleet seek to wipe out Earth, with Minmay's music affecting the crews as the climax and the destruction of Dolza and his base as the finale.

Robotech 6: Aftermath - Kyhron's revenge, trouble with some of the Zentraedi, final victory but with a climax as the coming of the Robotech Masters....

Which then just starts the Southern Cross franchise...

top topics

join