It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you stay motivated when you're inbetween jobs???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

I've serious thought about it. I have a bad feeling we're going down hill just as fast as the US. I wouldn't mind trying someplace new if I had the chance.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Well I'm not too bad off. Things could be A LOT WORSE. I think what bothers me is when I look back I tend to think "Damn I had it made!!!". Like I did. But what was stupid is my ambition had totally clouded my better judgement and I didn't realize how good I actually had it. Like I was always wanting more and more. Then like I said through a serious of weird events I got knocked off my high horse. But I do have a project on the go. I just hope it actually works to make me some steady income as I don't really have any plan b. Plan b is I'm gonna go live out in the woods and basically become a hermit. I'll eat berries, hunt, trap, fish, try and grow a few things and just live off the land like grizzle adoms

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

If you are young, keep developing talents. Skills.

You can move from industry to industry if you have a wide assortment of skills and experience.

That and what JiggerJ said....sums up any advise I have.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Hi OP and Everyone...
Lots of good advice here!
My personal mantra during hard times (of which there have been many)..."It's not forever...it's just for now."
Don't succumb to the 'lack' of whatever....you must believe that the hardships are a temporary phase in your life.
Keep visualizing yourself where you want to be. I also believe that no job is beneath me (as others said before me).

I had to stop working due to a back injury, but I eventually will re-educate (somehow) and find work that I can handle.
Insist on positive thinking. If I can do it....YOU can do it!

jacygirl

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well I started listening to some motivational speakers. That helps a little. I tend to drift between being positive and negative. I guess thats' normal. I find I'm just hung up on a few issues that are dragging on seemingly forever so I'm waiting and wondering if and when they'll ever get resolved. They've been dragging on forever. I tend to think that if I could see them get resolved I could sort of get back to a somewhat normal life again. Anyway, ya just stay busy I think is the cure for a lot of worries in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join