It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March in Egypt for Morsi heading towards Tahrir Square - Clashing & Fights Live

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The military are moving in.

We'll see how things go.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What Tanks come bargin in on the October bridge, and they are filled with civilians?
They are not sure yet if they are stolen or not.

This is surreal.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

It is mortar fire. Fireworks mortars.

A column of APCs just rolled up.

edit on 5-7-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think for now the worst has passed, but i'm afraid this will be Syria 2.0.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Crowd is thinning. I see at most 500 hundred people.

Some pro Morsi groundswell.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Next up guerrilla tactics on tourists

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I agree, because even when they get a new president they are still going to be feuding over this. I doubt the Muslim Brotherhood is going to give up that easy.

It is sad, but at least [most of] Egypt is standing up for what they believe in.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
I think for now the worst has passed, but i'm afraid this will be Syria 2.0.

I don't think so. Syria happened because the masses rose up against an oppressor and his military power. In this case the pro-Morsi faction is a lot smaller, the majority of people seem to support the revolution and the removal of Morsi, because he consistently failed and tried to install an Islamic state.

If Morsi were clinging to power with the support of the military then I would say it could become like Syria, but with the military not defending a tyrant, the majority should be able to easily stop any pro-Morsi violence.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Next up guerrilla tactics on tourists

I foresee that as well. Those are the tactics of the fundmentalists. Along with the occasional bombing of a marketplace. All the while saying, "See, the government can't keep you safe."

It's a classical PSYOP move. And it works most times.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

It looks like it's getting nasty.

Egypt's health ministry has said that ten people were killed and over 200 in clashes between pro- and anti-Morsi protesters on Friday. The most violent are at the 6th October bridge near Tahrir, amid reports of gunfire and Molotov cocktails.

The unrest has rocked some eight areas of Cairo, with Alexandria and approximately six other provinces as street battles have erupted between pro- and anti-Morsi supporters.

In Cairo, street battles are breaking out near Tahrir Square.
rt.com...

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The thing is... For now the army are seen as the good guys... I wonder how long this will last, so far they have been very smart in their actions.

But when the big ol USA wants to give them some new tech... i wonder....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Welcome, but your abit slow, the "action" is already over... For now.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

It looked like RT just updated that link a little while ago... I'll still be keeping a eye on it.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So, this is pro Morsi here? It looks like they announced the live cam. You can tell when the lasers start shining right at it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I heard that over 40+ million is protesting at this moment, is this correct? Looking for a source.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
I heard that over 40+ million is protesting at this moment, is this correct? Looking for a source.

Where did you hear it?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Its not over yet if you watch Al Jazeera there is total chaos still going on. 17 killed so far todays clashes.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Yeah well what's interesting is that they've avoided going to Tahrir Square because it was filled with anti-Morsi protesters, don't know why they changed their mind suddenly. I hope it all goes peacefully.

you don't know?
ROFL!
aren't you here as a spokesman for the MB?

sheesh if you're going to infowar here get it right
exposing your hand, just shows what agenda you're promoting*

also arabic syntax and grammar are so different from that of english and other western languages
that they tend to carry over no matter how good your english is, as can easily be seen reading the posts of ATS's muslim members [quite a few being considered valued contributors ]
[you've also been caught using american idioms ]

*your being anti Qaddafi [whom you claim was "immoral" pretty much clinches it ]

but feel free to ignore me as I Am quite "Insane"

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
from the RT link, it looks like driving in cairo is
an exercise in patience at the moment.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yesterday it was 40+ degrees warm and no one can stand that especially right under the sun and on concrete.
I'm expecting the protests to get bigger when it gets cooler or during night. It's not over yet. According to RT so far 36+ killed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join