It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last of Us having a strange effect on my sleep.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I have noticed, after I play the last of us for a few hours (usually 10pm to midnight) i have trouble sleeping all night, and my mind keeps reliving thoughts from playing the game. It's super strange. I have been playing video games for years and this hasn't happened to me since I use to play World of Warcraft for 8 hours a night and would occatioally replay the vivid images of mining rocks back in my head.

This is keeping me up at night. My theory is the repative death scene's when your stuck at a part and getting killed ever few minutes is screwing with my brain function, lol.

Anyone else have anything similar happen. particuarly from this game?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
no its just cause the game is so damn awesome you cant stop thinking about it. i am ready to go through my second play through. man i swear this is the best game ever made. and i didn't even realize there was online multiplayer. its so sick.
edit on 5-7-2013 by ShaeTheShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm considering downloading this from the Playstation Store but I'm worried my PS3 will die before I get the chance to finish it. I've been waiting for ages for this game. Argh! Decisions, decisions!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
I'm considering downloading this from the Playstation Store but I'm worried my PS3 will die before I get the chance to finish it. I've been waiting for ages for this game. Argh! Decisions, decisions!

do it now, and dont miss out on this masterpiece !!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am on my fourth play through and I have realized that I'm addicted. The Last of Us is the only game in a decade that has taken a hold of me like this.

It hasn't effected my sleep though, not much does.

Like ShaeTheShaman say's, it's a masterpiece. It does have it's flaws but they are easily overlooked in contrast to the awesome story and the action of beating someones head in with a brick.
edit on 5-7-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just before this game was release I had to get "Remember Me" instead of waiting a week later for this game. I have no patients whatsoever on new releases. Now I'm sadly missing out on this one. Is it worth shelling out 60 bucks?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

Well I was going to go for The Walking Dead as it is half the price and looks great and got all sorts of great reviews, nothing close to The Last of Us of course but like I said, much cheaper.

Knowing me I will end up getting both

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
video game dreams.
beats work dreams by far.

Been having a lot of video games dream for this one game I've been playing for the past couple weeks....then last night I had a work dream

I pretty much always get video game dreams if I play a game for any extended period of time.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ever thought of having a real life ?

It's a lot more fun with real challenges with real consequences

Real accomplishments everyday that make a difference that matter to another person, makes a real life person smile and laugh,

To be honest I'm bored with gamers

Make a difference in the real world. It aint that scary

You might even get to know your true self

Take the challenge if you dare

Good luck with that

I doubt your chances

Cody

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Bit rude.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

edit on 5/7/2013 by LiveForever8 because: Double post.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

The truth is rude ?

Good luck with that

Cody

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Not the truth, good sir.

Just you.

top topics