It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all the same person?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Totally OT Badger, but is your avatar image Lee Marvin ?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I've thought about this many times during my life...glad i'm not the only weirdo out there!

The way i imagine it, is very similar to your thinking, but the differences between Humans is explained by experiential data.

Think of it like this...person A is 50 years old, person B 40 years old and person C 35 years old.

They three live in different parts of the world, under different circumstances and of course, in essentially different time periods due to the age differences.

They would be the same people, experiencing the same or similar aspects of the Human condition at different times relative to each other, which would make them appear to be different from each other.

Another way to think of it is to imagine our three people, but one is happy, one is sad and one is indiferent.

They would seem to be three very different people...until we realise that they (and therefore we) each feel these emotions and states of personality in much the same way, just not at exactly the same moment.

The only difference therefore is time. When in time our people experience the same emotion makes them appear distinct, but in reality we're the same...but we're the same at different times!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”

― Bill Hicks

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Could you except that time isn't real? What happens to your idea if it isn't real? Didn't someone say time existed just so everything didn't happen at once? How can you explain premonitions if time is liner?
Just a thought, makes it simpler for me...

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

donlashway

Could you except that time isn't real? What happens to your idea if it isn't real? Didn't someone say time existed just so everything didn't happen at once? How can you explain premonitions if time is liner?
Just a thought, makes it simpler for me...

I know they say that time isn't real but the truth is that it is a failure of ability to grasp and hold a finite point in time that leads to that theory.
It's more likely that time is not only real but is infinite and in some condition we experience it all at once.

As the same soul on different timelines we would be handicapped by experiencing a specific period of time in a linear series from life to death. Similar to how a game of football or soccer is limited by a specific area, rules of play and time.
edit on 16-11-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

badgerprints
double post

edit on 16-11-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

8675309jenny

Totally OT Badger, but is your avatar image Lee Marvin ?

Yep.

Mulder and Scully are in there too.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

MysterX

I've thought about this many times during my life...glad i'm not the only weirdo out there!

The way i imagine it, is very similar to your thinking, but the differences between Humans is explained by experiential data.

The only difference therefore is time. When in time our people experience the same emotion makes them appear distinct, but in reality we're the same...but we're the same at different times!

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Just arranged a little differently.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: badgerprints

Originally posted by intrptr

See.

Which one of me/you was never hypnotized first?

Whoops, you said "which one"...
Gig is up.

OK.
I got me.

Bobsuruncle and Purplemer...
I'll have to read the egg closely.
I really am not surprised that someone "beat me to it"
I was just doing a bit of mental ping pong and the idea sort of...congealed.

I've never been a proponent of the "we are all one mind" school of thought. They idea just worked out that way after I began to follow it.

Actually, Andy Weir gave a pretty good analogy, you stick your finger into a glass of water and experience the water. You're whole body doesn't get the experience, just your finger does. So he's basically considering the separation of mind to accomplish multiple tasks (character operation) inside of a remote virtual system. However, in a virtual reality construct, time inside the construct is not time outside the construct. The construct itself is much like a movie on a VHS tape, CD or computer memory. You can start and stop anywhere you want. The movie is laid out to progress a certain way and with the right technology, you could inject characters into that movie at any point, you'd just need some kind of "tethering" tech to operate between the being outside the construct and their SCADA system (brain) inside the construct.

I've been looking at this for years, hope I am explaining it right ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Not! This cannot be true

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join