It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare can take money directly from your bank account to pay medical fees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
My mother told me (see title), and that she had received several emails from other seniors that said the same thing.

ATS, who has actually read the bill ? - and can tell me reliably if this is true or not.

Please don't reference other sources, only someone who has read the bill would know.

She is thinking of taking all her money out of the bank and hiding it since the interest she gets is about equal to "hiding it under the mattress". She says if this is true she will definitely withdraw all her money and put it in a safe, or lock-box.

If it is true, I may do the same thing. Withdraw and put the cash in a lock box at the bank.

With all the Snowden revelations I don't trust the government and believe that the government would actually do this. If Greece just took money from bank accounts without permission, why wouldn't Obama do the same thing? Of course my account wouldn't pay for even one of his vacations, or Michelle's for that matter. Ruminating aside, if you read the bill I'd love to hear from you.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Mmmm, I'm not sure about this... Little itself is really known about what's "In" this bill and we won't know for certain until Obamacare goes full swing... That being said, I wouldn't put it past them and I would do the same.

Possible to get a copy of the document for posting on ATS??? Just black out any names and give us the guts of it? Just a thought~

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Good idea, I'm not sure where to start or what pages to start with. Help ATSers!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They will just take it out of your tax return.

However, we had to "pass it to see what was in it"...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Are you being sarcastic or is the first line true, direct from the "unreadable" bill?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Here is the Bill... www.gpo.gov...
Start here.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Just like any other thing the Government deems worthy of taking out, to pay itself.

Total control of YOUR finances, by any means necessary.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw

Are you being sarcastic or is the first line true, direct from the "unreadable" bill?

That is a fact. If you don't have insurance by the end of this year you will be penelized $900-1250usd for not having insurance. This I heard directly from several tax agents.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

They take Child Support, Student loans, etc.....from Tax Returns, why not this?

Not hard to conceive.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

From what I understand (the Bill is completely unreadable).

All fines and unpaid medical is taken out of your tax return.

That is the main reason the IRS is in charge.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallintheegg

Here is the Bill... www.gpo.gov...
Start here.

OMG, it nearly crashed my computer and is as searchable as rubber on a ball.

Was hoping someone on ATS would be able to help - which section should I look in? Is there a searchable form of the bill?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Those would be good news for illegal people, many of them get cash only and no bank acc. Meanwhile we get ##SNIPPED## again.
edit on Fri Jul 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
They can't take it out of your tax return if you get nothing back. Increase your deductions to minimize your withholding amount. Or, go 1099 and pay only what you owe.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
US conservatives About . com

For the sake of clarity, it is important to note that this part of the bill updates Title XI of the Social Security Act, and once again cite the page number, section and subsection of the ObamaCare plan that spells this out. It is called "Administrative Simplification" (Section 163) and Subsection 1173A of this measure, "Standardize Electronic Transactions" has a provision (a)(2)(B) that ensures that this new governmental power:

"be authoritative, permitting no additions or constraints for electronic transactions ..." (C) "be comprehensive, efficient and robust, requiring minimal augmentation by paper transactions or clarification by further communications;" and, finally, (D) enable the real-time (or near real-time) determination of an individual’s financial responsibility at the point of service and, to the extent possible, prior to service, including whether the individual is eligible for a specific service with a specific physician at a specific facility, which may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identification card;" ... (E) "enable, where feasible, near real-time adjudication of claims ..." (Emphasis added)

It goes on.. decipher for yourself

and

Liberty and pride . com bank access

H.R. 3590 gives the federal government specific access to individual bank accounts and medical records as provided by that individuals health plan. The government may monitor an individuals finances and medical records electronically, for the purposes of determining an individuals eligibility for certain programs under the bill.

From the sounds of it.. Yall sold america up the creek.. it means they can monitor everyones bank account to determine if you have health insurance...

Not mention anything else they want

So looks true.. anyone else got a better link

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Please don't reference other sources, only someone who has read the bill would know.

It's hard to reference the bill when what you're claiming is not in the bill... No, it's not true.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I think he's being sarcastic.
I also think it may be true.

Obamacare is intended to bypass the punitary stage of handling noncompliance by using the IRS to directly fine, charge and or assess fees. They already have the ability to directly access accounts and do so quite often. It then is the victim...er, program benificiary's responsibility to protest the garnishment and recover it if possible.

This is of course a lengthy and sometimes expensive project further complicated by miles of red tape and a few thousand pages of fine print that we still don't seem to be privy too.
edit on 5-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

It's hard to reference the bill when what you're claiming is not in the bill... No, it's not true.

www.snopes.com...

Do you think it’s a coincidence the IRS will be the collecting agency for Obamacare?

There will be tons of new things that come to light once this mess is implemented.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I read it as saying that the Gov can use your financial information to confirm you are eligible for benefits. If not, and if you then owe money, you will be asked to pay. If you don't pay then the IRS can put liens on your bank account and seize any funds. So yes they can take money from your bank account but only after a lengthy process in which you refuse to cooperate. I don't think this is an aspect of Obamcare that anyone should be focusing on.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

they are debunking HR.3200 in this and all links to other sites. How does this prove that they do not have these provisions in HR. 3590? So they are debunking a bill that wasn't even adopted. How does this help anyone. it's pretty misleading in my opinion.

And looking through HR.3590 now how does anyone make heads or tails of this crap. those provisions are in a totally different area than HR. 3200
edit on 5-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I read it as saying that the Gov can use your financial information to confirm you are eligible for benefits. If not, and if you then owe money, you will be asked to pay. If you don't pay then the IRS can put liens on your bank account and seize any funds. So yes they can take money from your bank account but only after a lengthy process in which you refuse to cooperate. I don't think this is an aspect of Obamcare that anyone should be focusing on.

I read it the same way from the posting by ripcontrol of the section of the bill that pertains to this issue.

For the sake of clarity, it is important to note that this part of the bill updates Title XI of the Social Security Act, and once again cite the page number, section and subsection of the ObamaCare plan that spells this out. It is called "Administrative Simplification" (Section 163) and Subsection 1173A of this measure, "Standardize Electronic Transactions" has a provision (a)(2)(B) that ensures that this new governmental power: "be authoritative, permitting no additions or constraints for electronic transactions ..." (C) "be comprehensive, efficient and robust, requiring minimal augmentation by paper transactions or clarification by further communications;" and, finally, (D) enable the real-time (or near real-time) determination of an individual’s financial responsibility at the point of service and, to the extent possible, prior to service, including whether the individual is eligible for a specific service with a specific physician at a specific facility, which may include utilization of a machine-readable health plan beneficiary identification card;" ... (E) "enable, where feasible, near real-time adjudication of claims ..." (Emphasis added)

So the answer is yes.

Snopes was wrong, guess they haven't read the bill. Even snopes gets it wrong every once in awhile.

Why shouldn't anyone focus on this?

If there are provisions that allow for bank account seizures then the government will abuse the privilege at some point, especially the IRS who abuse that privilege on a regular basis.

Who hasn't heard of someone who had their bank accounts seized wrongfully by the IRS and the mess that results? Guess they'll be after me now for even asking the question, or pointing out that they have abused this privilege in the past!

Guess I'll have to tell Mom it is not true in the sense that the IRS is supposed to go to great lengths to do it,

but it is true that it can be done and it is the IRS who we trust so much that will be the determiner.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join