It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are A Slave!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
what is a slave? Someone who does not get to choose.

When we were born, we did not chose our surroundings, parents and even gender.
We then learnt things,traditions and language around us and for the most part began acting as others around.
So we are basically slaves doing things based on our upbringing. Even our thinking and understanding is molded by these influences.

If we are supposed to be slaves of something then why not be slaves of our Creator?

The ones who think they are not slaves are actually deluded that its them who are in control even when they know that most things that made them what they are were beyond their control.

So what do you all say?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm a surf, not a slave. Maybe even a smurf
There is a big difference, surfs are called surfs and slaves are called slaves. See, it's not that hard, surfs think they have free will but slaves know better. It's been that way for generations and unless you make waves, life can still be fun.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
nope .. fluent in several languages .. travelled all over the world over the years .. have no use nor need for leaders or any of the other idiocy people seem to think is important .. its my life I live it on my terms not the terms of others. walked away from that cesspool people call "civilisation years ago ... now watch with amusement and wonder if humanity will ever grow up and stop acting like primitives butchering each other over nothing ..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

What say I? I say you don't even have the most basic understanding of the English language.

1slave
noun \ˈslāv\
Definition of SLAVE
: a person held in servitude as the chattel of another
: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence
: a device (as the printer of a computer) that is directly responsive to another

So since your definition is wrong to start with, your entire premise is wrong. BTW EVERY single thread and EVERY single post of yours is about religion, have you no other interest in life? Try one, you might not be so boring an individual.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You can take that slave thing too far. Just as a counter question, what would we do if we were completely free, as in your examples?
Lets say after you are born, you are raised by robots who won't teach you anything, after all its enslavement to learn but one language. After that they let you go off into the forest to fend for yourself, after all teaching you how to do things a certain way is enslavement. There you are, naked, stupid and useless but oh so free...

Not everything equals slavery. Man can never be 100% free, we have to obey by natural rules, in e same way that even an atom can't be 100% free to 'decide' what it wants. Nature doesn't work that way.
Giving your entire life to a made up creator, without asking questions is also not slavery, its idiocy.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Seriously I'm just gonna put it out there that this is the kind of thought process Christianity creates.
Quite special I'd say.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

--anymore. It didn't start out that way. When we were growing up we were trained to be good slaves. Later when we became fully enslaved we denied our slavery. One way we do this is to rename our slavishness. We call it being a good "citizen".

Until you come up out of Plato's cave or unplug from the Matrix you won't even know how enslaved you really are.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

its my life I live it on my terms not the terms of others.

who is the "I"?? and what has shaped what the "I" thinks as worthy to do?
You either submit to influences around you or rebel, either way they have affected you. You are a slave to reason/mind at best.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

So since your definition is wrong to start with, your entire premise is wrong. BTW EVERY single thread and EVERY single post of yours is about religion, have you no other interest in life? Try one, you might not be so boring an individual.

look at the 2nd meaning you posted and tell me its not the same as i said.

When i post in religious forum then i'l post something about religion and yes religion and religious philosophy are my favourite topics. Why are you posting here? And don't you have anything better to do than stalk me?!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Lets say after you are born, you are raised by robots who won't teach you anything, after all its enslavement to learn but one language. After that they let you go off into the forest to fend for yourself, after all teaching you how to do things a certain way is enslavement. There you are, naked, stupid and useless but oh so free...

i don't agree with that, why stupid and useless?
Do you think being intelligent has anything to do with education? For all i know formal education dulls a mind and is aimed at creating slaves/robots.
Useless to whom? The society?

Even in the forest a person is still a slave as he did not choose the mind and the thought process that would happen to make him do things.
Yes we are never 100% free, how much % free do you thing you are?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by logical7

We then learnt things,traditions and language around us and for the most part began acting as others around.
So we are basically slaves doing things based on our upbringing. Even our thinking and understanding is molded by these influences.

If we are supposed to be slaves of something then why not be slaves of our Creator?

The ones who think they are not slaves are actually deluded that its them who are in control even when they know that most things that made them what they are were beyond their control.

So what do you all say?

You just finished saying how we learn traditions and languages, and begin acting like those around us. Well, those around me are mostly Christians. Should I worship that god merely because it's a local thing to do? If I move to Saudi Arabia should I worship that god because it's a local thing to do?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

When we were born, we did not chose our surroundings, parents and even gender. We then learnt things,traditions and language around us and for the most part began acting as others around. So we are basically slaves doing things based on our upbringing. Even our thinking and understanding is molded by these influences.

It's the same in the animal kingdom. Alpha males rule. It's a natural thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

What say I? I say you don't even have the most basic understanding of the English language.

1slave
noun \ˈslāv\
Definition of SLAVE
: a person held in servitude as the chattel of another
: one that is completely subservient to a dominating influence
: a device (as the printer of a computer) that is directly responsive to another

Take a look at the second definition and do some self reflection based upon the things you have been influenced by, i.e. things deemed acceptable before and during your lifetime that you blindly accept.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
when you get locked up, go to prison, then you are a slave for sure.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
God has granted us the freedom to choose.

But it is hard to understand because it puts great responsibility on our shoulders.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
God has granted us the freedom to choose.

Huh? Either you are free or you aren't. You can't say someone GAVE me the freedom (but still owns me). It doesn't make sense. Either you are a slave to some god, or you are a free man able to make your own choices. Can't have it both ways.
edit on 7/5/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

How do you know? Just because you don't have memory of something happening doesn't mean it didn't. Some people remember being spirits choosing all of this. They call it "Before Life Experiences".

So we are basically slaves doing things based on our upbringing.

Not really, you are selective and choose to engage in some things and not others. So you are not just doing things because they are there, you are doing things because you enjoy them or you feel forced to do so.

Even our thinking and understanding is molded by these influences.

Maybe, but it's possible to gain more freedom of thought by listening to many different perspectives and then choose which feels best to you.

Which one?

And how do you know we are 'supposed' to be slaves of something? Did the one enslaving you tell you that you were 'supposed' to be enslaved? I'm sure even human slave-masters said the same back then.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Carreau

look at the 2nd meaning you posted and tell me its not the same as i said.

When i post in religious forum then i'l post something about religion and yes religion and religious philosophy are my favourite topics. Why are you posting here? And don't you have anything better to do than stalk me?!!

It's not what you said.

Enlighten me, what dominating influence are we "completely subservient" to?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I think i'd like being his friend better than his slave. He considered Abraham his friend, not his slave.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
when you get locked up, go to prison, then you are a slave for sure.

Man did you really have to go there?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join