It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt troops open fire on pro-Morsi protesters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I'm just saying that I wouldn't start protesting in a crowd that gathered outside a military establishment after all the turmoil that has been happening. What happens over in Egypt has to do with their people, I am not an Egyptian, it is really not my business. Let them do their own thing, it is their future that they are forming. Everything in a closed system like the earth is related, but still it is not my business to get involved. I wish the people running our government had more of my attitude.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They should have shot them as they found them. Leaving this group alive only invites more unrest later....again and again and again until they are killed. Sometimes? Well... It's a hard world where hard action is needed.

Wabbit, although I tend to agree with most of what your saying, I don't agree with the statement above. Killing them outright would make them martyrs. Nobody wants that it. It would only enflames the idiolistic rhetoric.

Imprison and issolate them, and you take away their voices, and those of their supporters.
edit on 5-7-2013 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

How will President Obama react to this?
reply to post by butcherguy

He put himself between a rock and a hard place. He made the mistake in supporting Morsi, when he should have just stayed out of it, which is what the U.S. government can't do; keep their noses out of another country's business.
edit on 5-7-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

You got that right.
I guess he's getting his on-the-job-training in foreign policy. A bit late, but better late than never.
I wonder if they would really let him have the nuclear weapon launch codes?
Enough scary thoughts.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
rt.com...

It doesn't look good at all. For now thankfully it's all melee, hopefully the army steps in the moment they all decide they need bigger armaments.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by palg1

I think they have the luxury to consider choices about making martyrs when it's a time of peace. Right now, they're still consolidating control from having been on the initiating side of a Coup. They could still lose this thing and those in the military are the one's who'll be very aware of that. That's where I don't think you will or even really should be seeing much tolerance shown or patience extended until the situation stabilizes. The military and people could find themselves fighting for their own lives if the tables turn here and the opposition won't show them any quarter, that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join