It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange speech that was censored by the Oxford Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I could post this in USA political madness, weaponry, the war in Iraq, intelligence agencies, or under the title 'the planned war with Iran', or 'how wikileaks stopped the escalation to war with Iran in 2008 successfully', 'how the internet has become the number one antidote to TV', 'the power structure of the world', 'how the media produces cultural bias', the lot. The speech was so controversial even the Oxford union banned it!

edit on 5-7-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

The most disturbing thing is that Hollywood seems to be being used for a 'fictional' film (about real current events, figure that one out!) made specifically about how wikileaks destabilized the security of the USA, and how the film will give the layman an impression that Iran wants to attack the USA in six months and wikileaks and assnange were the reason behind this war.

Does the NSA and military literally no NO humility what so ever? It's literally like they are planning a suicide pact between ever culture in the world, all merely behind the veil of 'national security'.

edit on 5-7-2013 by ZeuZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
There you go, the one you linked has been deleted.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

You must mean this video?

The Rat

Edit: you beat me to it Samuelis.

edit on 5-7-2013 by TucoTheRat because: hobbit feet smell

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Dejavu does not exist.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Deja Vu does not exist.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Sorry in my OP I just copied the url wrong, I luckily was able to edit it in time. However thanks for posting the same video three times, as it almost bears three watchings to take in all the facts to be honest, so they are not even wasted posts

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Wow that propaganda movie they are making about Wikileaks sounds like complete war-mongering rubbish. Good share OP...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Wow that propaganda movie they are making about Wikileaks sounds like complete war-mongering rubbish. Good share OP...

I know this shocked me the most too, the idea a Hollywood director buys into the Fox News propaganda bout Irans nuclear program (which is an ENERGY SOURCE for sustainable energy that we use in our countries to generate energy) It is NOT a nuclear bomb, as the official investigations by the officla IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) www.iaea.org... have proven every year for the last ten years. Yet the media brews up a # storm of paranoia totally against the evidence anyway. They doo all the time.

Who the hell are the media working for? Is it just the major intelligence agencies, the capitalist corporations, or are they really just too dumb and scared and fear spreading from ignorance?

If you want to argue with this post I implore you watch the full documentary first.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Who the hell are the media working for? Is it just the major intelligence agencies, the capitalist corporations, or are they really just too dumb and scared and fear spreading from ignorance?

Most of the large media companies are owned by the same people... but they are working for a combination of intelligence agencies and other government departments, as well as corporations and other private interests with a lot of funding. Their motivation is a combination of fear, ignorance and greed. Questions like the one you pose never really have a clear cut answer, it's always a combination of different things which produce the final result. Although money and power grabs do always seem to be a common element to most of the corruption we see in the world.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeuZZ specifically about how wikileaks destabilized the security of the USA

BOO HOO for the NSA and the alphabet agency's.

Notice no one has released any spy information, just how the spy information is ILLEGALLY gathered.

Dont like it USA? dont bloody do it! its against your own damned laws so guess what, NO ONE CARES that you are crying about it and trying to put those who bring these injustices to light in prison!

I hope we see more moral minded humans speaking out against the abuse of rights and power in the name of justice and security.

You cant expect to break the rules that everyone else lives by (and the gov is meant to protect) and get any sympathy.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well I for one am going to advocate a boycott of this film. At least if they are going to release trash let it bomb in the box office. This is more nonsense like that film Argo or Zero Dark Thirty.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Have you seen the new trailer for it? To be honest, if the trailer is anything to go by (which it usually is not) then it actually looks like this film could be political dynamite! They seem to show him as a truth teller in dark times ... this is one film I actually can't wait to see.

I have an overarching feeling however that in the end he will turn out to be the bad guy, and the Americans are the good guys for taking him out. Or something along those lines.

new topics

top topics

join