It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs and the bible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207

Originally posted by Astyanax
Hippopotamus. Rather obvious, really, when you think about it.

That was my first thought,

Second line

Exactly. Just like the Unicorn is most likely a rino.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The idea that dragons were most likely dinosaurs is hard to get around. The evidence for this is just to wide spread. And seeing that the word "dinosaurs" didn't come around until the 1800's makes it even more likely that that is who the ancients were referring to. After checking out some of the vids the op posted I found that the one below explains it the best.

The evidence in this video is just to much to be taken as a mere myth. I love archaeology.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Well, you have an interesting theory in either case. Certainly, whether the being is angelic (fallen ones) or giants, either scenario could be plausible. Both would have the supernatural strength to create megalithic structures.
I have seen documentaries as to how humans could have made such structures as well. You would be suprised how simple machines as levers and pullies could move massive loads, so I wouldn't discount this explaination as well. Good question.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

1. large
2. water going
3. hides in the amongst water planets in rivers and such.
4. large, thick, tail
5. reptile
6. dinosaur descendant
7. air breathing

8. grass eating? hmmm.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Curious69
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yeah your arguments have been super rationel. look up the word rationel and im sure it does not relate to you.lol.
its hard to tell if im ranting on 8 year olds. but it does feel like it.

Sir, you cannot even spell rational.

Best comeback ever!!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Because TPTB hate Italians blame it on the US

Second line

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
You know, I have always wondered if maybe a few dinosaurs may have survived the great cataclysm that destroyed them. Obviously, if some of them did then they did eventually go extinct, but I wonder if maybe that happened. Several ancient cultures had myths about dragons, I wonder if maybe they were referring to one of the last remaining dinosaurs.

Is this scripture referring to dinosaurs? I don't know, probably not. But, it still makes me wonder.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
The following is straight out of the bible. says behemoth but sounds like a dinosaur. Remember the word dinosaur didnt come around till the 1800s i believe. Sounds like a dinosaur to me but it could be something else. interesting though. 15 “Look at Behemoth,
which I made along with you
and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16 What strength it has in its loins,
what power in the muscles of its belly!
17 Its tail sways like a cedar;
the sinews of its thighs are close-knit.
18 Its bones are tubes of bronze,
its limbs like rods of iron.
19 It ranks first among the works of God,
yet its Maker can approach it with his sword.
20 The hills bring it their produce,
and all the wild animals play nearby.
21 Under the lotus plants it lies,
hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22 The lotuses conceal it in their shadow;
the poplars by the stream surround it.
23 A raging river does not alarm it;
it is secure, though the Jordan should surge against its mouth.
24 Can anyone capture it by the eyes,
or trap it and pierce its nose?
edit on 5-7-2013 by DarkNite because: Spelling

edit on 5-7-2013 by DarkNite because: Spelling

ehhhh

The Behemoth in Jewish Legend

Just as the Leviathan is an unconquerable monster of the sea and the Ziz a monster of the air, the Behemoth is said to be a primordial land monster that can't be defeated. According to the 2nd century B.C.E. Book of Enoch, he lives in an desert "east of the garden where the elect and righteous dwell" (1 Enoch 60:7-8). At the end of time the Behemoth will do battle with the Leviathan and both will be killed. According to some legends, the Behemoth will be an entree served at the messianic banquet in Olam Ha Ba (the World to Come). In this instance, Olam Ha-Ba is conceived of as a Kingdom of God that will exist after the Messiah comes.

judaism.about.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by superannoyingreality

I think behemoth may be a long neck. I think it's called Brachiosaurus.. I don't know but I do think we co existed. I personally believe the human race is millions of years old and came from mars when it was becoming uninhabitable. And we had to wipe the Dino's out because really who would want to compete with a T. rex.. I would have to change my britches if I seen one.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
(from chat) UNIT76: best rebuttal ever > "Sir, you cannot even spell rational."

read the links posted by topsyturvey and murgatroid for more info on this scene.

damn you murgatroid ..there is not much else to say once you come along

At the end of time the Behemoth will do battle with the Leviathan and both will be killed.

read the link via topsy for a little more background here. also try to do a lot of study on the 'new age' scene.

this comment here (above) ~~ i believe you will find the EXACT same symbology expressed in various norse/scandinavian mythos (a facet of the new-age scene) surtur and ymir battle at ragnarok (the last day) ...i could type here all day about this stuff ...there is something also to be said of early (jewish) traditions that were recorded yet never really "understood" untill later

(EDIT) the book of enoch is considered apocrypha, deals with 'fallen angels' etc.. still not sure why the member used this here?

there are a lot of related fields to study in all this..

nice topic btw - starred
edit on 9-7-2013 by UNIT76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Siberbat

Yes but in the case of the Giza pyramids they would have to be moving 20 ton stones with pulleys... I just can't believe that.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

No comeback? i wouldnt have one either.. i would seriously go so far as to say that's impossible.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

It would be quite hard to do it with the tech TPTB say they had..

posted on Dec, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Biblical charades is always fun!

It's usually translated as hippopotamus. The ancients did know about fossils. Greek art demonstrated plenty of examples of attempts to interpret what are almost certainly fossils. The 'low hanging fruit', or the easily-found surface specimins must have been some real head scratchers.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join