It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your take on Michael Rivero of WhatReallyHappened??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I check out his site frequently; not so much for his commentary but more for the stories he links to. Whatreallyhappened.com, his website, is a mishmash of his radio show and articles, opeds, and news stories from other alternative websites. He usually will post a snippet and a link to an article that was published on another website, and then provide a rant on his take.

He is a holocaust and global warming denier. I don't subscribe to those theories. But, I like his website because he does link to some interesting stories from the alternative media. I have never listened to his radio show just cuz he rants enough in his posts and get a feeling he is just over the top.

Anyway...I was just wondering what the community of ATS thinks about him.

Chime in.
edit on 5-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Is he the one that posts the catchy videos on YouTube? If it is, I think most of the material in it is nonsense, but it's damn good entertainment.

It's kind of like a campfire story-type presentation. And I don't know if he even expects people to digest it like it's supposed to be factual.

I'd rather watch those little skits than see 45 mins of wacky hair guy claim aliens invented razors in 5000BC in egypt... that men were incapable of building large structures, and aliens are responsible for everything good we've ever done.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Mike is often a good source, because he acts as a clearing-house for a lot of info from other sites. Yes, he adds his own commentary, but mostly the stuff stands on its own merit. Unfortunately, he does need to pay the bills, and that means keeping people coming to the site no matter what, and sometimes his sources are dubious. For a while, he was linking to this horribly written site called lonestarwatchdog that was an absolute joke as far as grammar or evidence. Lately, he's linked to investmentwatchblog which!!!! puts!!!! exclamation !!!! points !!!! in !!!! every !!!! headline !!!! and is more sensational than anything I've ever seen.

I've written to Mike's people and suggested he knock off the Holocaust questioning stuff because it turns people off and might get DHS after him, but I see he hasn't taken my advice.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Your funny Bo. I don't know about his youtube account. I know he has a radio show and he might archive it on youtube. Yeah he is a little hyperbolic but sometimes he will post and link to some good stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Yes, I have seen the stuff he has linked to from Investmentwatchblog. I think that site is a little iffy. I always double check the stories.

I was just curious if other ATSers cruise over there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by boncho

Your funny Bo. I don't know about his youtube account. I know he has a radio show and he might archive it on youtube. Yeah he is a little hyperbolic but sometimes he will post and link to some good stuff.

Actually my mistake, I know who you're talking about now.

I was thinking about these guys.

I like their stuff if I'm bored or looking for the ol' campfire type tale. A lot of the stuff they cover is teetering on hoax, and some or proven, but they tell it from a pretty neutral position that's entertaining... And they do have some solid stuff as well. Beats a Justin Beebar video...
edit on 7-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

top topics

join