It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do facts make one racist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
As the title says.. Why? And why do the ats overlords have a problem with those facts? Simple question.

Gs

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
As the title says.. Why? And why do the ats overlords have a problem with those facts? Simple question.

Gs

what facts? i see no facts here.
please a little more info.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

The fact is....

I find your post lacking in any real facts at all other than posting an opinion about what you believe to be factual.

Care to illuminate the situation a bit more?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You definitely need to elaborate more on your thread. One liner posts are barely tolerated, imagine one liner threads?

What are these facts you speak of?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

edit on 4-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

Lemme guess. OP has sore bottom after having a post removed that used statistics about a certain group being more violent/law breaking etc.

There's a good chance I reported you, and a good chance I starred you. There is also a fine line.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Why?
Because it is the becoming the norm, and not just here on ATS.
It's as if years and years of exposure to subliminal messages has resulted in a complete warping of the brain, affecting only those of a certain mindset.
..but when it does happen you should consider it a compliment.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Because political correctness trumps logic every time.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Ever get the feeling they have an agenda and think they are being witty when in fact it all looks too obvious to the rest of us Domo1?

LOL

Too funny bro,

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
could be that certain subjects and frames of thought are just not acceptable these days. The real question is, is that really a good thing?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
As Domo1 said, "There is a fine line." Unfortunately, the line shifts depending on the setting and the audience. There is a feeling that minority groups have suffered enough and that saying anything to hurt the members of such a group is like "kicking them when they're down."

That has the advantage of sometimes reducing the anger, and the disadvantage of making problems very difficult to discuss. It also limits the range of people allowed to speak on the subject. If a Black Mayor, or Louis Farrakhan, says "You punks ought to be ashamed of yourselves. Get to school, drop the gang banger mentality, and work to make it in this country," they will be listened to as someone addressing a serious problem. If a White said the same thing, he would be lucky to get off the platform, and the word "racist" would follow him forever.

It's not the facts that makes one racist, it's how the audience feels about those facts coming from a particular speaker.

Terrible, but it's also our current reality.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Now

Here is a right way to explain a perceived view on some being viewed as racist. I got more out of that reply in one paragraph than I do out of many long rambling threads...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

There are lots of religious people who think that black people are the descendants of Ham who were cursed by god.

They use these false facts as a defense to ignore responsibility while they say racist things.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I do get that feeling. It makes me cringe.

I would like to commend you on that glorious moustache you've been cultivating by the way.

Perhaps OP would like to enlighten us on the wrongs inflicted on his/her gentle soul by the cruel moderation team? I keep poking my pet giveacrap with a stick, but it won't wake up.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I hear ya I was all Giggity about some real responses but it seems we have those who choose to share their experiences being wrist slapped and playing the victim while doing so...

Wait, this is ATS. Never mind

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wait, this is ATS. Never mind

Shoot. My bad, I forgot.

ATS the land of censorship. We should applaud these brave souls that stand up to the tyranny of the moderators. These freedom fighters are always super objective!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

There are lots of religious people who think that black people are the descendants of Ham who were cursed by god.

They use these false facts as a defense to ignore responsibility while they say racist things.

The curse of Ham is an assumed biblical justification for imposing eternal slavery upon Black people, and Black people alone,[2] essentially such phrase being an ideologically driven[38] misnomer.[39]

Curse of Ham

That star is earned....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Yes lets praise free market capitalism and freedom then piss and moan when a website controls what is displayed on it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

GermanShep

Why do people ask questions without context?

thread closed

new topics

top topics

join