It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intro and Possible UFO Vido

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hi. I'm new to posting but not new to the site. I am hoping someone can analyze or give an opinion about the video my husband and I captured tonight. We were at a fireworks display. My husband points out an object in the sky that didn't seem to be moving. It looked green and red but it was at a faint distance. I didnt hear it making any sound. We saw in heading in one direction and then it did a sort of a zig zag, going one direction, then the other and then back. It continued on its path heading toward our direction for a very short distance to where it was barely above us. It stopped and then went backwards, opposite of the direction in was heading. This video is where we began recording, as it was going backwards. We didn't hear any sound the entire time. At about 1:22, you can see it going out of site behind the houses at a fairly quick speed. I don't know that the object was round as the video shows, but it was obviously green and red. I think the lens distorted much of the color and shape. My husband is excited in thinking it was an UFO.. I'm hoping it wasn't! I'm kinda creeped out. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Could be some sort of Flare maybe..

Ps..Hiya and Welcome..

edit on 4-7-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Little tiny dots of light in the night sky will almost never be identified. It's obviously not an alien craft since it dropped all the way to the ground and there was no major news of an alien craft landing.

Therefore, it was a terrestrial IFO and a non-event.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ALI74

Open your intro with a "UFO" video... I think you'll fit in around here.

-SAP-
edit on 5-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I wish this thread offered stars. I see many in this forum I would like to give one... and you are one of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ALI74

It looked like a balloon losing air as it floated to the ground. Who knows?

I'm definitely a believer, as you can see in my signature, but that didn't look like a UFO to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Indeed. I often find myself saying the same thing.

-SAP-
edit on 5-7-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Chinese latern, seeing as there isn't any movement until the end where it gently starts to descend. That's what they do.

But you never know

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Welcome

My guess would be the ISS.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Removed did not want to take anything away from OP's introduction and subject of thread..

edit on 5-7-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It's not the ISS, it's not a lantern, they are not inclined to descend, (if that is what was happening) when still lit, that's what keeps them up.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The distance appeared that of a helicopter flying from typical height from where we were standing. When my husband saw it, it wasnt moving. Then it began moving in our general direction/the direction of the fireworks display. It only traveled a short distance and then where I explained it did a very abrupt zig zag, the zig zag pattern were at 90 degree angles. I dont know if that makes sense, but if it were a helicopter, I think we would have heard it. I dont know that a helicopter can turn at those angles without changing the position of its nose. It then traveled toward our direction again for another short distance and stopped moving for several more seconds. It then went back the way it came from, without seeing any turning motion as you would expect of a helicopter or airplane. It's behavior was almost that of it came to see the show, stopped for a bit, took a couple abrupt turns, came a little closer to get a better look, and then decided to leave. I dont know that a flare or lantern could behave like that. I just know it wasn't something typical we would see or expect to see in the skies. I'm the skeptic in this family. My husband is obsessed with alien and ufo documentaries. I get mad at him for watching these things and tell him its not real. So I'm hoping this isn't anything. I felt spooked all night and I didnt even enjoy the fireworks display. I had thoughts that they knew I saw and recorded them and may come for me. I checked to make sure my doors were locked more than my usual 3 times last night. Yes I'm an over protective, paranoid mother
Thank you all for the welcomes and opinions. I really hope it wasn't anything. I said my prayers last night
Also, where it doesnt appear to be moving, it actually was. At the start of my recording, it was nearly directly above us and where you see it descending behind the houses, my guess would be that it was maybe a half mile or so. It doesnt seem to be moving prior to the descent simply because I was trying to keep the image centered. Now I hope I don't have to come back with any new news

edit on 5-7-2013 by ALI74 because: update info

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A helicopter would do fine and given a fireworks display going on.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ALI74

Welcome to ATS and thanks for the vid and description.

My husband is excited in thinking it was an UFO.. I'm hoping it wasn't! I'm kinda creeped out. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Well unless you or your husband can identify it it is a UFO.

Nothing to creep or freak about, a ufo can be a shoe on fire throw into the sky and if witnesses cannot identify it it is a ufo, Unidentified flying object.

Some questions,

Time, direction of filming, rough location if not exact if you wish not to post.

from the vid, nothing really special and unseen before, pity you didn't catch it from a little earlier to see what you described.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ALI74

Probably a helicopter or RC craft. Heli pilots charge to take people up to view fireworks shows. Also, lots of people have RC helis/drones with cameras and lights. It would be cooler if it weren't so mundane, but yeah...
edit on 10-7-2013 by Gu1tarJohn because: ETA

top topics

join