It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abducted By Aliens - Would You Believe This Person?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Let's say that I was adamant that I was abducted by aliens and experimented on and proved it to the world by showcasing my ability to speak just about every language/dialect/regional variation of all current human languages (my only evidence of the abduction) - would you then believe me?

Add to that the fact that I have several "anomalous" small objects (thought to be nano-sized implants) in the speech and language areas of my brain (i.e. the only evidence of my supposed "abduction").

Would you then believe my claim that I was abducted by aliens and experimented upon?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Your story will always only be "your" story, as in your word for it
The implants would have to be handle by a professional that knows what he is doing like Dr. Roger Leir, if he confirms its extraterrestrial your "story becomes more interesting, but don't confirm your story.

You could gain more trust by getting several professional hypnotists to confirm your story as well, and give a detail description of everything that happened.

Get some GOOD researcher that´s done research in this field before, come in and take a look at the whole scenario, and let them get a overview.

Thing is.. you need to build up trust, and you can do that with various trusted tools
And even then you will never get 100% believers in your story
how can you expect someone will believe in the "impossible" even when proven

People need to feel it to believe it

edit on 4-7-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Add to that the fact that I have several "anomalous" small objects (thought to be nano-sized implants) in the speech and language areas of my brain

Would I believe you? Sure, if the material was of unknown origin. The best evidence is in the number of witnesses. If a majority in your town or city claims to have seen a UFO buzzing about your house, that is compelling evidence. Take the Phoenix lights, for example. Too many respectable people saw that one. How can we not think that something strange was going on?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just having the ability to speak all languages via implants is not proof of abduction. As Spacespider put it

The implants would have to be handle by a professional that knows what he is doing like Dr. Roger Leir, if he confirms its extraterrestrial...
They [the implants] would have to be proven conclusively to be of extraterrestrial origin but that still does not prove abduction by aliens. It could be argued that this was a governmental experiment using alien tech and the 'so called' abduction was done by a governmental agency.

In the end you will have some that believe and others that would not, leaving you with one point to the whole ordeal, remain quiet and be thankful for the gift. Its usefulness would be unlimited.
edit on 7/4/2013 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Prove it. Provide the evidence and I might believe you.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I would take your word for it unless I had some reason to doubt you. Do you seem crazy? Do you have anything to gain by lying to me? Do you want anything from me?

If not, I would just accept that you believe what you say happened, happened.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Depends if I knew you before hand.

I think the requirements for me to believe you would be based on the following:

1. Do I consider you a truthful person in our relationship. i.e. I see you as being upfront about all the information you disseminate to me. Instead of lying, I am used to you simply omitting things or saying, "I don't wanna discuss that."

2. I knew before hand you were never good at languages, or maybe even you wanted to speak many languages but were never able to attain this feat because it didn't come naturally to you.

3. I know you are not interested in these types of stories or the subject in general, to the point that you would try and fake something like this by surgically implanting objects in your body.

Under all these prerequisites, I would believe that what you are saying is highly likely, most likely true, etc.

Although, I may still question your belief that it was aliens. I'm not saying it's impossible under the premise you laid out, but I would probably want to investigate further if someone I knew dropped that bomb on me. What other things could this be a result of.

However, if you are saying without a doubt a green light came over your house, you sat in a room with a bunch of aliens and they implanted crap inside you and you had these language abilities afterward, I would probably be inclined to believe you and your story.

Reminds me a little of the movie "Phenomenon."
edit on 5-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Originally posted by jiggerj
Would I believe you? Sure, if the material was of unknown origin.

Why does it have to be of an unknown origin? It could be that other planets have *some* similar materials.

Originally posted by jiggerj
The best evidence is in the number of witnesses. If a majority in your town or city claims to have seen a UFO buzzing about your house, that is compelling evidence. Take the Phoenix lights, for example. Too many respectable people saw that one. How can we not think that something strange was going on?

What if it only happened once and at night time when everyone were sleeping? Then that sort of thing wouldn't be reliable for evidence.

The best evidence would be putting him/her in a controlled environment recording with a camera , and having many different people ask random things in different languages.

A good way to randomize, would be to take a book and then have people choose a random sentence and say it in their language to see if he/she is able to translate.

(I would suggest to have scientists examine this technology which could function as a device to translate languages but such a small technology that could do such would not be understood by today's scientists).

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Now, if we're talking belief over proof, then yeah, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. But, it sounds like you're thinking that knowing all the languages of the world is impossible for any single human, ergo proof. This isn't the case.

Ever heard of Daniel Tammet?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Being a polyglot wouldn't make me automatically believe you. The small nano pieces would have to be independently tested and be found to be extraordinary for me to go there.

So far, the only abduction case I'm comfortable believing is the Hill case.
In that one, they were at first reluctant to come forward.
They were seen by the Army's top psychologist.
Radar reports supported their sighting.
But most of all, Betty drew a starmap with info only later verified (and prior to our astronomers knowing the colors of those stars, etc.)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I would believe that you believe something extraordinary happened to you.

I have known and talked to many people who believe that they were involved in alien abductions., they really do believe it. Far be it from me to deny someone's experience as I have had plenty of my own weird experiences, although none were alien related as far as I know. I did see a ufo once while camping myself so I know something weird is going on.

No one will fully believe it though until some sort of physical evidence is presented that is so alien and out of this world that there will be no way to deny it.
So I would chose to believe that something happened, but what is unknown.

top topics

join