It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% Americans Believe Founding Fathers would Frown Upon Today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
CNN
MSM at it again in how they portray a poll that disproves of the Obama/Bush administration.

With signs of patriotism abounding for the Fourth of July, a new survey indicates seven in 10 Americans think the Founding Fathers would be disappointed by the way the United States has turned out, 237 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

After this opening paragraph the article focuses on how Americans love their country.
To which they should, however, their GOVT, along with many others, have been poisoned.

Despite the high level of patriotism, 71% of Americans think the signers of the Declaration of Independence wouldn't be pleased with the nation today. That number has steadily risen since 2001, when the number stood at 42%.

What would a MSM news report be with out telling you how and what to think.

"This indicates that Republicans' and conservatives' growing disenchantment with a Democratic president could be one of the underlying factors in the decline in the percentage of Americans who say the signers would be pleased," stated a release with the Gallup poll.

How about this poll suggest both republicans and democrats are tired of the corruption in their GOVT and have vocalized their opinion steadily and increasingly since Bush and even more with Obama today.

These are great numbers to suggest that any type of movement towards incriminating those corrupted and hold public office should be dethroned or IMPEACHED.

America may no longer truly be land of the FREE however the people can still prove they're Patriotically Brave enough to gain that freedom back.

Americans, you will not be alone in this world when you decide to take back your country. The world supports you, and needs you too.
edit on 4-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: proof reading is not for me

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Honestly, I think they'd be more upset with Republicans, than Democrats. Even if it's the Republicans who mostly like to bring up the founding fathers. It's for precisely this reason that I think they'd be more upset with them. The republicans use them in manipulative ways.

You have to remember that the founding fathers were actually VERY liberally minded. The things they were talking about were revolutionary. They were not conservative in the slightest.

I'm not saying they would support democrats*
edit on 4-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Republicans and democrats use the same political tactics to gain any edge. Regardless of the lesser of the two, they are both EVIL(corrupted)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Seven of ten? Where did they find the three that believe that the founding fathers would approve of the way things are today
I guess three of ten people are delusional. There is no way that the founding fathers would like the overcomplicated society that has evolved. They probably thought that their ways were not simple enough, remembering the simpler life they had when they were young. We somehow went astray from a low stress life, choosing to follow the crazy rat race.
edit on 4-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Many of the Founding Fathers were slave owners and the rest obviously did nothing to end the practice during their lifetimes. So quite obviously they would be frowning seeing America toss away the Peculiar Institution. That would not fit their definition of freedom at all.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I think the Founding Fathers would be amazed by the America of today and would be very curious and eager to learn how it had become what it is. They would feel at home in the place (the Eastern Seaboard) but not in the society. Some of those people were giants of their age. They would become completely engrossed by today's America, as engrossed as de Tocqueville was by early 19th century America. They would study it.

I think they would be horrified at the Nietzschean, "beyond good and evil", quality of modern thinking. The Founding Fathers were canny and discerning. They wouldn't be fooled by "ads for America" or the abolishment of slavery. They would present a congenial face to the modern country, while looking for signs of savage cruelty underpinning it. That, they would frown upon.
edit on 6-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

70% Americans Believe Founding Fathers would Frown Upon Today

There is absolutely NO doubt in my mind that people like Franklin and Jefferson and Washington... would feel inclined to vomit over what we have become.

Unfortunately, leadership of their caliber is not (visibly) available at this time...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think it would have ended in a blood bad if the founding Fathers were still around, It would have been hangings, torching, and firing squats on the traitors, profiteers and "bankers" that have take over the nation.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Consider, if you will, if the Founding Fathers came back, they would be persecuted for;
Owning fire arms
Their views on taxation without representation
Their idea of freedom of speech
Invasions of privacy
Scope of government

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Consider, if you will, if the Founding Fathers came back, they would be persecuted for;
Owning fire arms
Their views on taxation without representation
Their idea of freedom of speech
Invasions of privacy
Scope of government

^^this^^

Our founding fathers would not have approved of much that we have came to accept is "standard operating procedure".

They believed in a 'restrained" federal Gov and empowering the states. This one fact alone would send them to the gun cabinets. They did NOT want a centralized Gov...

Couple this with the Federal Reserve Act and I'm pretty sure our founders would say the USA died in 1913 and the corpse was sold to the Bankers....

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The only place I disagree with the Founding Fathers is that they viewed non whites as sub human beings. I think people are too quick to put them on a pedestal.

new topics

top topics

join