It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Jesus Is Not God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

adjensen! Greetings, my respected friend!

I do agree, too, in basic principle, but I also remember the phrase, "...doctrines of demons."

We know they whisper in ears...

edit on 4-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
...I know a few things about the religion... Joeseph smith basically ripped off the KJV bible claiming it was a new revelation... They believe the "nephites" had a visit from Jesus way back in the day, in north America...

Not to mention the assertion that Native Americans are of the lost tribe. Which, I believe, has been refuted by genetics.

It sounded DANG good though. I mean look at some of the pics of the old chiefs---they look like Mel Brooks with a tan and long hair!! I almost fell for that one on the pics alone!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Starting to think he was equal to God, but not 'the creator' himself. Nevertheless still our savior like Glenn states.

1 Peter 3:21-22
Jesus Christ: who is ... on the the right hand of God.

John 14:28
My Father is greater than I.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

Starting to think he was equal to God, but not 'the creator' himself. Nevertheless still our savior like Glenn states.

1 Peter 3:21-22
Jesus Christ: who is ... on the the right hand of God.

John 14:28
My Father is greater than I.

not equal to.... Less then...

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58 Jesus tells the Jews “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.”

If he was with us and not God, why would the angels say his name was Immanuel?

edit on 4-7-2013 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They believe Jesus was a Son of God like we have children here on Earth. When I speak to mormons about what I believe they are shocked when I say I believe Jesus IS God. The concept is hard for some to comprehend. I believe Jehovah's Witnesses believe the same regarding the relationship with God the father and Jesus. My personal belief which is rooted and backed up by ironclad scriptural belief is that Jesus IS God incarnated in the flesh. Prior to Christ's Incarnation he was called "The Word" and some old testament encounters also relates him to The Angel of the Lord. Christ is the second person of the Trinity of the Godhead. Meaning that God is made up of three in one. Father, Son, Holy Spirit are ALL God. I know it might be hard to comprehend that but modern technology helps with that in someway. for example We might have one Computer Chip but the Chip could contain three processing cores. Or how we know that Water exists as a Solid, Liquid, & a Gas. Another example would be that Men created in the image and likeness of God are also three part beings. We have a Spirit, a Mind, And a Body but we all the same person three in one. You could also say that the word God has three letters, distinct letters but the combined letters create one word. A lot of what mormons believe are not rooted in the King James cannon but in extra biblical writings like the book of mormon, pearl of great price, and doctrines and covenants.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
reply to post by adjensen

adjensen! Greetings, my respected friend!

I do agree, too, in basic principle, but I also remember the phrase, "...doctrines of demons."

We know they whisper in ears...

edit on 4-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

Hey buddy! All time favorite GUT quote:

"I'm usually fairly good-natured when toying with the human puppets of demons."

Never forget it, lol.

EDIT, pretty sure it was directed at our long departed, banned friend "madnessinmysoul"

edit on 4-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
What the hell?? Two pages into this thread an no one has yet mentioned or posted a photo of the magic underwear?

Slackers.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey, brother! Awww, it's like old home night!! I feel the love, I hope y'all do, too!

Funny you mention the long-lost MIMS...I was just wondering about him the other day. My concern was sincere, but the feeling that came back was dark. Troubling. Probably my imagination...but I did shudder.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Honestly I've never met a Mormon I didn't like and I've met a lot of them... they are actually the nicest people you'll ever meet...

They are nice people who belong to a religion that states those who do not have the same exact beliefs as them deserve to burn in fire for ever and ever, endlessly, for all of time.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well it is a Christian sect...

What else do you expect?

that isn't exactly true anyways...

edit on 5-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Well there are verses that seem contrary. Such as Matthew 27:45–46 where Jesus cries out to God asking why he had forsaken him.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They do not like to debate their beliefs

In my experience other religions are not different in this regard.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Hey, brother! Awww, it's like old home night!! I feel the love, I hope y'all do, too!

Funny you mention the long-lost MIMS...I was just wondering about him the other day. My concern was sincere, but the feeling that came back was dark. Troubling. Probably my imagination...but I did shudder.

I think about him from time to time. Me and him went toe to toe so much, even before these forums were on ATS..

like the old, old BTS days before the merger.

edit on 5-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Beck used to be Catholic. Catholics believe Jesus is God incarnate. So he it's kind of obvious that he has turned his back on that teaching when he embraced Mormonism.

Beck buys into the 'I talked to God' claim of Joseph Smith that God talked to him and told him to start a church. I like the South Park episodes about it. Here are clips from one of them - South Park Episode about Mormonism

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Only through the use of the imagination does god exist, therefore all of religion is based on the imagination.

How people just refuse to accept this is either sheer insanity or utter ignorance.

Without humans, what praises god?

Without imagination, what praises god?

Without EVIDENCE, what praises god?

Don't negate the imagination just because it is suprarational.

"Truth is suprarational, therefore it is incommunicable in the language of reason."

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well it is a Christian sect...

What else do you expect?

That belief alone disqualifies them from being "nice". No matter how you help me or how polite you speak to me, that doesn't mean nothing if you believe that I am worthy of being eternally tortured. If I am that evil and that worthy of punishment then the "kindness" is false.

that isn't exactly true anyways...

I know that not all of them believe this, but this is what they are taught to believe. Some of them are nice people who will hopefully gain freedom from such a belief system that everyone they love and care about who does not think like them deserves eternal torture by an all-so-loving God.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Glenn Beck doesn't know squat about Jesus.

Isaiah 54:5

5 For your Maker is your husband,
The Lord of hosts is His name;
And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;
He is called the God of the whole earth.

Last verse in Hebrew is "Elohim of all the Earth he shall be called". Elohim = God.

Mark 1:23-24

23 Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, 24 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!”

I'd say this person called Jesus has enough power to destroy demons, no mere man can do that. Exorcise them yes, but outright destroy? Nope. People don't understand that the Holy One is God. Lord of Heaven and Earth.
edit on 5-7-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Long time no see bro, where you been hanging out?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

He doesn't know squat about Jesus and apparently never read Revelation where Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last. OT titles of YHVH.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join