It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Commandeer Homes, Get Sued

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Police Commandeer Homes, Get Sued

Source:

LAS VEGAS (CN) - Henderson police arrested a family for refusing to let officers use their homes as lookouts for a domestic violence investigation of their neighbors, the family claims in court.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ia601809.us.archive.org
ia601809.us.archive.org
edit on 4-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: link not working?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is crazy. In hopes for the family and it also serves as an example of law enforcements bounds that they should not over step. The family claim which includes Third Amendment violations. This Amendment prohibits quartering soldiers in citizen's homes without their consent. Included the family are seeking punitive damages for violations of Fourth and 14th Amendments, more at the source.

Included additional links are court documents.

Title of article as shared by source.
Not seeing this on search, or elsewhere.

Source
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: link not working?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The implications of this are staggering.

If police are given the authority to commandeer your home for whatever reason they decide, they are now no different than the British soldiers were during the colonial period.

Let's hope the just-us system lays the smack down on this police department and sends a loud and clear signal that this sort of abuse will not be tolerated.

Should this type of tyranny be allowed and condoned, we truly are serfs on our lord's land.

It boggles my mind when I read a story such as this and know how the founders of this nation reacted to precisely this type of abuse. It seems like we are being forced towards armed conflict with our so called authorities.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
What should justifiably have happened here is that all officers entering the house unlawfully are shot dead, just like any other home invader. Then plaintiff goes about his business as he normally would on any other day. The municipality then comes by to remove the corpses of the burglars, thoroughly clean the residence, and issue an apology for the criminal intrusion. At that time, a cashiers check is issued for damages to plaintiff's home.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
And so many of us saw this type of action happening years ago.

Every incident such as this is used to set precedent and to numb the masses into eventually accepting it as the norm.

killing innocents, military in the street, martial law, rfid on kids in schools, forced vaccinations, gun confiscations, spying, recording, indefinite detentions with no charge/trial, drones overhead, military invasions on any country for gain, NSA, TSA, DHS, FBI, CIA, FEMA, detention centers, prison for profit, fast and furious, ...every citizen can be classified as a terrorist, poisoning of food stocks, agenda 21, water treated as owned by government and corporations...rain water as well...

And now?

Well, they just walk into your house because they know that they will receive a paid vacation.

Let's face it, would police 20 yrs ago have done this? No, because they knew that it would never be accepted. Why now? Because they see so many other cops breaking the law, murdering, ignoring the constitution and getting away with it.

whew....need I go on? Is anyone getting the message yet? Those that said only a few years ago that we were all paranoid...still ok with "I ain't doing anything so I'm ok"?

America is only missing the final wall around the entire nation to complete the picture. Probably dubbed something like The Patriot Wall or some such crap.

Peace

edit on 4-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

"Seconds later, officers, including Officer Rockwell, smashed open plaintiff Anthony Mitchell's front door with a metal ram as plaintiff stood in his living room.
"As plaintiff Anthony Mitchell stood in shock, the officers aimed their weapons at Anthony Mitchell and shouted obscenities at him and ordered him to lie down on the floor.
"Fearing for his life, plaintiff Anthony Mitchell dropped his phone and prostrated himself onto the floor of his living room, covering his face and hands.

How is this a tactical advantage when they are supposedly surveilling the next door neighbour. (Or getting ready to arrest them, whatever?)

Why didn't they just fire warning shots into the house they were after to be more subtle.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm sitting here stunned that this actually happened and these officers are not behind bars.
Every citizen in their jurisdiction should be at the courthouse protesting and getting actions taken against those officers involved. If not their next and crying over it then will be their own doing.
Actually this is a state matter when a police force goes astray. Sometimes you have to get out of the protected circles of corruption.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
killing innocents, military in the street, martial law, rfid on kids in schools, forced vaccinations, gun confiscations, spying, recording, indefinite detentions with no charge/trial, drones overhead, military invasions on any country for gain, NSA, TSA, DHS, FBI, CIA, FEMA, detention centers, prison for profit, fast and furious, ...every citizen can be classified as a terrorist, poisoning of food stocks, agenda 21, water treated as owned by government and corporations...rain water as well...

Way to go Jude11

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by jude11

Way to go Jude11

Thanks VoidHawk

Could have went further but my mind went on overload and my temperature gauge started to rise.

I think I made my point tho.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This is outrageous.

I think it is brilliant when you see homeowners and police working together to prevent crime in a neighborhood, but that co-operation has to be as near to an equal partnership as possible for it to mean anything, and aside from that, the legal implications of this cluster copulation are enormous.

Its as if the police are acting on the premise that no ones home, property, or indeed the rights of citizens, are of no consequence what so ever, and that all things are possible in the pursuit of justice! Heres a clue fellas, if you have to behave in an unconstitutional, unilateral, and totallitarian manner in order to achieve an aim, that aim probably is not just, and if it is, you had better be damned sure that the only human rights you violate, are those of perpetrators of a crime.

You cannot just barge into a house, commandeer it, arrest the occupants when they complain, and then carry on your day! Its just absolutely wrong!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

...and people still think we don't live in a police state.

Where's the freedom?

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The Police were just trying to do their job. Perhaps the guy should have been a little more hospitable and allowed them in; he might not have been charged with obstructing justice. If it were me I would have put on a fresh pot of coffee and gone to the donuts shop to get them some fresh donuts and then over to the pizza store to buy some pizza slices in case the cops would rather have pizza instead. Cops used to stop in at the donuts shop to get their free coffee and donuts when they were on patrol, but I think a lot of them are now going for the free pizza slices.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Mudwlke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
What should justifiably have happened here is that all officers entering the house unlawfully are shot dead, just like any other home invader.

Some of us are prepared and trained to do just that in this exact scenario.

Hence the importance of the ruling in this case. All officers involved would be dead or critical had this been carried out at my home.

Are we "allowed" to defend our homes or will doing so bring an air strike by the "authorities"?

It would be good to know since defending against an air attack is quite a bit more involved.

Either way, my castle will be defended.
edit on 4-7-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

"Seconds later, officers, including Officer Rockwell, smashed open plaintiff Anthony Mitchell's front door with a metal ram as plaintiff stood in his living room. "As plaintiff Anthony Mitchell stood in shock, the officers aimed their weapons at Anthony Mitchell and shouted obscenities at him and ordered him to lie down on the floor. "Fearing for his life, plaintiff Anthony Mitchell dropped his phone and prostrated himself onto the floor of his living room, covering his face and hands.

This IS the MEMO you didn't get.

MEMO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- People of the USA, please be informed, you no longer live in a free country. You are currently in a defacto police state controlled by agencies using the designations of NSA, DHS, TSA, FBI, CIA and FEMA. All citizens are classified as potential terrorists for your safety and peace of mind.

1. The police/military will harass, invade and or detain anyone at their discretion without warrant or charge indefensibly.

2. All people are subject to search and questioning at any or all points within the boundaries of the USA at any time.

3. Travel on public transportation is denied unless you posses upon your person a government approved ID and or US passport. Domestic and foreign air travel can and will be denied if you are on a government no fly list.

4. Any and all property can be confiscated at any time at the discretion of the government, local police and or military if designated or deemed for national security, public safety or eminent domain without recourse.

Further MEMO's will follow as needed to inform you of your government working to improve you safety.

The Government (caugh, caugh) Big Brother
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- END of MEMO

I read everyday of these things happening in the US yet no one there does anything about it. I wonder why, is there something in the food, water, on the TV, radio or in the air that keeps them from doing anything? For over a decade now I have watched the US progressively go from a country that was among those that were considered good to live in too one that I wouldn't wish upon anyone. I guess those that live there can't see what has happened and like the frog in the pot have gotten boiled without ever noticing the changes.

Some mention the founding fathers and what they would do yet they set back on their couches with a soda pop and popcorn remote in hand watching TV. Even when G.W. Bush Jr. as POTUS said that the Constitution was nothing more that a g-d piece of paper you never took notice nor said anything. I guess you all agree with his statement. So is it any wonder that the US is in the loo with no return...no?

Your police break down doors and murder occupants unjustly yet nothing happens. The general consensus must be that it's OK as long as it wasn't your house. Didn't matter that it was the wrong address and those murdered we innocent of any wrong doing. Now this poor citizen has had his door smashed, his life threatened and all he can do is sue and possibly get some money but the incidents like this will not stop. Where are the brave, where are the free...sadly they are no more.
edit on 7/4/2013 by pstrron because: minor corrections

edit on 7/4/2013 by pstrron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
WTF? O.o

Is there anything on the books that allows for police to take over your property like this? I genuinely don't know. I'm sure there's something about exigent circumstances or some such thing, but this sounds INSANE. Every time I try to look it up I just get a list of when police are allowed to enter, not if they're allowed to give you the boot.

If there was an active shooter, or a bomb lab or something yeah I can see making someone leave, but this is preposterous.

I find this sort of thing rather terrifying. If I refuse to let the police use my home (I'd actually be fine with it if I got to watch) they can just break down my door, potentially shoot my dog when he gets pissed and blast me with mace?

Is there any more to this story? Frankly it sounds far fetched, which adds to the terrifying tone.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The militarization of our police force scares me. Smells of 1930 Germany and the rise of the SS

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Why on earth would any police any where need to stake out a family's home for Suspected domestic violence?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
If you can get around the 3rd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution by being "police" instead of "military", than that leaves a pretty big loophole for anyone who wants to exploit it. I wonder what the judge will do in regards to setting precedent?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Oh man! That is complete garbage. What if the cops were really doing surviellance on the people whose house they wanted to use. If they could get inside with permission they could collect evidence and bring a case.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Haha exactly the thought that led me to my above theory (see above).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join