It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Non-Religious Abortion Debate

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What is it about "anti-choice" that you don't understand?

Your insistence on the use of the term. As I've already stated, the only labels relevant to this discussion are pro-abortion, anti-abortion, and undecided. Confusion is the pro-abortionist's most powerful weapon.

The word abortion is very specific, by replacing it with the word choice, you're moving the cross-hairs away from the center of the target, and adding to the confusion.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75

Originally posted by windword

What is it about "anti-choice" that you don't understand?

Your insistence on the use of the term. As I've already stated, the only labels relevant to this discussion are pro-abortion, anti-abortion, and undecided.

No they aren't. I don't accept abortion as a decision for myself, but I am unqualified to make that decision for anyone else either. I am perfectly decided it is not for me personally and I have no right to force that decision on anyone else. Therefore I am not pro-abortion, nor am I anti-abortion and I am not undecided. I am pro-choice, it may not be what I would do personally but believe individuals are quite capable of making their own decision about it. It isn't confusing, not confusing at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Bone75

So let me get this right. . .. ..

A mentally retarded girl is viciously raped. She is impregnated. There is a 99% chance the baby will also be mentally retarded or maybe a vegetable. If the child is born it will have to be taken care of by the state because the mother is mentally incapable of doing so.

Based on your opinion we should require that girl to bear the child?

I really don't agree with your opinion for Obvious reasons.

edit on 4-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

God decides life not you or me. "Retarded" is such a bigoted word, don't you see. All the families of Down Syndrome children treasure them, why, their love given is immeasurable.

A brother or sister is another person to love and give love.

The demographic winter has started, thanks to contraception and abortion. Next, comes nuclear war...said Mother Teresa.

Go with God, He knows best, a child is a blessing.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Pro-choice is a substitute, a cover word, to make a woman's right to choose to kill the child inside her sound as if it were a right, a good!

God has held off on His just judgment for the grave sin of abortion. Can you not see by the news and the weather and the economy, it has started. God's grace is off this country.

Jesus mercy.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm going to request once more that you keep your religion to yourself. If you can't discuss the topic without it, then no one here is interested in your opinion. Myself and the unborn appreciate your support, but you're not helping if you can't even read the title of the thread.

This is a relevant point in THIS discussion...

Originally posted by colbe
Pro-choice is a substitute, a cover word, to make a woman's right to choose to kill the child inside her sound as if it were a right, a good!

No religion, just common sense.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
reply to post by colbe

I'm going to request once more that you keep your religion to yourself. If you can't discuss the topic without it, then no one here is interested in your opinion. Myself and the unborn appreciate your support, but you're not helping if you can't even read the title of the thread.

This is a relevant point in THIS discussion...

Originally posted by colbe

No religion, just common sense.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

How is there any "common sense" to abortion? Everyone who is for it is already alive.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: colbe

IMHO, It's the right of the woman to decide. Some people are not in a position to have kids, and they shouldn't be forced to bring a person into this already over-populated world because other people have the coercive power to enforce their personal opinions. The fact that we have to debate on a personal choice is alarming in itself.

If abortion is murder, wouldn't every menstruation cycle be first degree? Women know that they have a perfectly good egg in them, and it should be their duty to be sure it gets fertilized. Equally, men would have to stop masturbating because the little white troops are 'people' too. Lets take it one step further; would a miscarriage be manslaughter?

My personal opinion: Do onto your body what you'd expect to receive. If my mother was in such a bad position in life that she couldn't provide a sanitary, drug-free, financially stable, etc. life and I went through suffering during the most important mentally and academically significant part of my existence, I'd feel cheated out of a life (oxymoronic? yup.)

Great thread, I do have empathy for both sides to this debate.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Bringing a child into the world is either a sacrifice or an obligation to the world.
Which one do you believe it should be?
I chose to believe that it is a sacrifice!
That sacrifice might not be much at all in many cases but in some it could be a great sacrifice!!
If the possibility that the women will lose her life do you consider that sacrifice to be too great?
No matter what you answer you will find some women who will chose to sacrifice their lives for the chance of life for their baby and some who would chose the opposite for whatever reason. Only the women herself should have the right to chose weather that sacrifice something she wishes to take on and for anyone to try to force their decision upon them is in fact taking the opportunity away from the women. Force a women to keep a baby that she decides demands too much of a sacrifice you turn it into an obligation with the results no longer on the hands of the women but rather on those who chose to force it onto her!!

What I said doesn't stop with just the life of the mother. What if the pregnancy has a good chance of causing blindness? Are you willing to take responsibility if she loses her sight by forcing her to carry the child? Are you willing to help take care of her children? Replace her income? Fullfill her responsibilities? If the sacrifice that is required is that she must be bedridden for months are you willing to help her out?? What if she has a medical problem that requires daily medication that will cause gross deformities within the child?

It is the women who is asked to make the sacrifices that giving birth entails, take that decision away from her and it then becomes an obligation.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join