It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Swann : Remember the SONS of LIBERTY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Most of you may know Ben Swann for his "REALITY CHECK" news series and his own venture, "FULL DISCLOSURE". Ben is a man of journalistic integrity and has been bringing legitimacy to our cause of shining a light under the dirty, dank, and corrupted rug of the establishment political machine. He has taken on Obama and Romney in 1 on 1 interviews, he has taken on the NDAA, The Patriot Act, the IRS, the "War on Terror" and has flipped the GOP inside-out following and dissecting the delegate scandals in 2012.

This July 4th, Ben has taken another step forward to remind us what "Independence Day" really means.

Our history is so rich with meaning but in the midst of having fun and living our lives, we forget (or don't even know) how to appreciate the true ideas of independence, sovereignty and revolution.

Read the full piece here:
benswann.com...

you have heard of a group that paved the way to the American Revolution known as the Sons of Liberty?

What you may not know is that this group of patriots started small as a group of agitators known as the Loyal Nine. The name came from the fact that this group consisted of only nine men, committed to agitation of the Stamp Act. The Loyal Nine began in the summer of 1765, eleven years before the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Within one year, their number would grow to over two thousand men known as the Sons of Liberty. Possibly, they are best remembered for their role in the Boston Tea Party and in the tarring and feathering of Stamp Tax collectors.

The true role of the Sons of Liberty however, was most influential not only in those dramatic acts of defiance against British tyranny but in their role in media.

Read the full piece here:
benswann.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I laugh when Americans use the phase "British Tyranny" There was no tyranny carried out by The British. The whole thing is a complete myth (Americans always have to have a bad guy )
Trying researching what REALLY happened, and don't cling to folk lore and fairy tales.
Here is research by an AMERICAN that dispels the myth:-

www.gilderlehrman.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

They still exist.

Some time ago, I received an e-mail from the Sons of Liberty (SOL Militia) in reference to a post of mine on the old Art Bell site.

Since I am a politically aware non-American, I replied that, while I sympathized with their libertarian views, it was unlikely that I could assist them in any useful way.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Our history is so rich with meaning but in the midst of having fun and living our lives, we forget (or don't even know) how to appreciate the true ideas of independence, sovereignty and revolution.

The true purpose of all this history and independence was in fact so that today, our children (and ourselves) can finally have some fun.

I oppose this Swann and his dreamworld of a warmonger society. 'Cause believe me, a revolution won't be nice. The power in place won't go without a fight.

edit on 4-7-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

The true purpose of all this history and independence was in fact so that today, our children (and ourselves) can finally have some fun.

I oppose this Swann and his dreamworld of a warmonger society. 'Cause believe me, a revolution won't be nice. The power in place won't go without a fight.

edit on 4-7-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Wow, ya need to have more information before making wild assumptions like that.

How would you feel if I called you a warmonger without even knowing you?

Get outta here with ignorance like that.

edit on 4-7-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong

I laugh when Americans use the phase "British Tyranny" There was no tyranny carried out by The British. The whole thing is a complete myth (Americans always have to have a bad guy )
Trying researching what REALLY happened, and don't cling to folk lore and fairy tales.

www.gilderlehrman.org...

How about you google tyranny and get back to us?

There is British tyranny. There is American tyranny. There is North Korean tyranny. There is Chinese tyranny. Just because there is another side of the story, which seems very much so plausible, doesn't mean there was no tyranny like you so claim.

Horrible post, no logic.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

www.gilderlehrman.org...

There is British tyranny. There is American tyranny. There is North Korean tyranny. There is Chinese tyranny. Just because there is another side of the story, which seems very much so plausible, doesn't mean there was no tyranny like you so claim.

Horrible post, no logic.

I see the truth hurts. Some can take it and some can't.
You fall into the later.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

www.gilderlehrman.org...

Horrible post, no logic.

I see the truth hurts. Some can take it and some can't.
You fall into the later.

Like I said. You do not use logic. I never said anything about not believing in the info contained in your article. I read it with an open mind and even mentioned of its plausibility in my last post. I disagreed about your assumption that British tyranny didn't exist and you sent into an instant emotional reaction about how the truth somehow hurts me, especially after I took the steps to understand it from the authors point of view.

You are Extremely disappointing. There is no intellectual debate with people like you. When people don't tilt agree with you, you retract into an emotional defense position.

new topics

top topics

join