It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Names of the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
And here are the Mormons claiming there are only two churches, the church of Christ and the Church of the devil. This is the reason I will never attend another church, be it Mormonism or otherwise.

The Mormons oddly enough are actually correct about there being only two churches.

What they WON'T tell you is that they are part of the second group.

You did NOT attend a church.

You attended a satanic cult.

Religion is simply Satan masquerading as God.

The agenda behind religion is to keep you AWAY from the truth and away from God.

Your decision to never attend another church is sad because you are allowing your experience in a cult to influence your future.

Although it is sad it is also understandable because the majority of church's have been infiltrated.

If you truly are interested in what's real, you must stop allowing your past to control your future.

The truth is you are allowing religion to control you.

The very thing you hate, is influencing everything you believe.

What you experienced was a counterfeit.

Counterfeits don't exist unless there is a GENUINE.

EDIT: BTW, what hostility exactly might you be referring to?

edit on 5-7-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Minus
I respect your opinion - i just wondered bout the names and why they changed them

I understand...

Too many have been deceived into believing that the Bible is a "Bunch of made up bs".

They need to hear the TRUTH...

And if you brainwash people so they think every unexplainable thing in their life is all part of 'gods plan' or god himself did this and that... blah blah blah.

We aren't the brightest creatures when we come into this world. If you are constantly told that anything we don't don't understand is the work of god, sometimes that tends to warp someone's perspective.

Here's a thought, why do people in different parts of the world believe in different gods or different religions? Surely if there is one god, one word, etc, etc. Wouldn't we all be believing in the same unicorn in the sky?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Religion is simply Satan masquerading as God.

The agenda behind religion is to keep you AWAY from the truth and away from God.

Your decision to never attend another church is sad because you are allowing your experience in a cult to influence your future.

Although it is sad it is also understandable because the majority of churches have been infiltrated.

If you truly are interested in what's real, you must stop allowing your past to control your future.

ooOOooo000oooo0000HHH.

Let me guess, your church was the only one that wasn't infiltrated.

To the OP:

This is a prime example of why he has so many names.
edit on 5-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Needs more Old testament. Less New testament. Actually just rip that side of the book out completely.

Old testment glorifies Darkness. New testament Glorifies light. One is right. The other is wrong.

The first one is right, Thats what Christianity is all about. The second one is wrong.
That's what the church is all about.

Why read the bible in small quotes. Its not meant for that.

Take this for instance. From the book of Job

“May the day of my birth perish, and the night that said, ‘A boy is conceived!’ 4 That day—may it turn to darkness; may God above not care about it; may no light shine on it. 5 May gloom and utter darkness claim it once more; may a cloud settle over it; may blackness overwhelm it. 6 That night—may thick darkness seize it; may it not be included among the days of the year nor be entered in any of the months. 7 May that night be barren; may no shout of joy be heard in it. 8 May those who curse days[a] curse that day, those who are ready to rouse Leviathan. 9 May its morning stars become dark; may it wait for daylight in vain and not see the first rays of dawn, 10 for it did not shut the doors of the womb on me to hide trouble from my eyes.

11 “Why did I not perish at birth, and die as I came from the womb? 12 Why were there knees to receive me and breasts that I might be nursed? 13 For now I would be lying down in peace; I would be asleep and at rest 14 with kings and rulers of the earth, who built for themselves places now lying in ruins, 15 with princes who had gold, who filled their houses with silver. 16 Or why was I not hidden away in the ground like a stillborn child, like an infant who never saw the light of day? 17 There the wicked cease from turmoil, and there the weary are at rest. 18 Captives also enjoy their ease; they no longer hear the slave driver’s shout. 19 The small and the great are there, and the slaves are freed from their owners.

20 “Why is light given to those in misery, and life to the bitter of soul, 21 to those who long for death that does not come, who search for it more than for hidden treasure, 22 who are filled with gladness and rejoice when they reach the grave? 23 Why is life given to a man whose way is hidden, whom God has hedged in? 24 For sighing has become my daily food; my groans pour out like water. 25 What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me. 26 I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil.”

“Do not mortals have hard service on earth? Are not their days like those of hired laborers? 2 Like a slave longing for the evening shadows,

I wish I had died before any eye saw me. 19 If only I had never come into being, or had been carried straight from the womb to the grave! 20 Are not my few days almost over? Turn away from me so I can have a moment’s joy 21 before I go to the place of no return, to the land of gloom and utter darkness, 22 to the land of deepest night, of utter darkness and disorder, where even the light is like darkness.”

“Indeed, I know that this is true. But how can mere mortals prove their innocence before God? 3 Though they wished to dispute with him, they could not answer him one time out of a thousand. 4 His wisdom is profound, his power is vast. Who has resisted him and come out unscathed? 5 He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger. 6 He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble. 7 He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars. 8 He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea. 9 He is the Maker of the Bear[a] and Orion,

the Pleiades and the constellations of the south. 10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted. 11 When he passes me, I cannot see him; when he goes by, I cannot perceive him. 12 If he snatches away, who can stop him? Who can say to him, ‘What are you doing?’ 13 God does not restrain his anger; even the cohorts of Rahab cowered at his feet. 14 “How then can I dispute with him? How can I find words to argue with him? 15 Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy. 16 Even if I summoned him and he responded, I do not believe he would give me a hearing. 17 He would crush me with a storm and multiply my wounds for no reason. 18 He would not let me catch my breath but would overwhelm me with misery. 19 If it is a matter of strength, he is mighty! And if it is a matter of justice, who can challenge him? 20 Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty. 21 “Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my own life. 22 It is all the same; that is why I say, ‘He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.’

When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent. 24 When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it? 25 “My days are swifter than a runner; they fly away without a glimpse of joy. 26 They skim past like boats of papyrus, like eagles swooping down on their prey. 27 If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,’ 28 I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent. 29 Since I am already found guilty, why should I struggle in vain? 30 Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with cleansing powder, 31 you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me. 32 “He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. 33 If only there were someone to mediate between us, someone to bring us together, 34 someone to remove God’s rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more. 35 Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.

edit on 5-7-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

That is dark, seems like Job had a bad day

Very interesting reading though

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus

I respect your opinion - i just wondered bout the names and why they changed them

You could argue that i have too much sparetime, and that would be true as well.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Minus because: corrected spelling

You wouldn't be able to pronounce them correctly. That is why they were changed to names that reflect something similar sounding yet actually able to be written in the right launguage.

the other possible answer is that the first page of the bible was actually lost before translation to other launguages, it would have read:
"To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental." -quote red dwarf

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Iōannēs from Yowchanan from Yĕhowchanan
from Yĕhovah and chanan, which means Yehovah is gracious

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by Klassified

Apparently I was incorrect, the human hybrid was created by not 1 but 2 men than handed to a woman who appears to be the lead researcher.

Enki and Ningishzidda created Adamu a hybrid human creation while Ninmah appears to take credit.

but that pic reminds me of the passage that says, "I have gotten a man from the Lord." in Genesis 4:1.
the word for man there is 'iysh
edit on 5-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Forests

Originally posted by Forests
Well aren't you the kitty's pajamas! Say Hi! to Jesus...you do know he was GAY.

Darryl Forests
Knows Jesus or as I call him "Hayzeus"

"Hayzeus" says Hi! back...

He also says call home when you get a chance.

FYI, trolling is gay as well...

Both "Darryl forests" and "DinoCrisis" are the same person, it is an attempt to blacklist my username. This guys real name is "MU" you can read his internet abuse and trolling here:

Don't be fooled by his comments, and yes this guy does speak to himself on the internet. He has been making countless fake accounts of me on the internet known as "Darryl forests" or "dinocrisis", and fake accounts of other paranormal believers such as Mac and eveshi or skeptics such as Jon Donnis. I am not sure why he spends his spare time doing this, he has nothing to do but cyber bully people on the internet. His internet trolling is well known and he has been banned on countless forums for pretending to be different people. I request from the admins that you delete all of his threads and ban this user. Re: Astrology As Science

MU!! has been trolling numerous websites and newgroups, Usenet in particular, for over a decade. Do a Google search on names like "Ari Silverstein", "Frank Camper", or "wilburn" (preferably in combination with "Usenet", e. g. ["Ari Silverstein" Usenet], ["Frank Camper" Usenet], [wilburn Usenet]) to see the full dimension of his trolling.

MU!!, under his various names, often claims to be this person (or uses sockpuppets to create rumors about himself to that effect). However, he does the same with remote viewing researcher Courtney Brown (en.wikipedia.org...), so it's most probably just bull#ting and attention seeking in both cases.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Wow.... we can learn.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I believe they've infilitrated the NDE field, I mean the cartel....!!

Lightening and Thunder. Wow! Well, Love always remains Love and is very kind. Thats all that counts here.

When I'm reading an NDE I don't expect it to be coded.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I believe they've infilitrated the NDE field, I mean the cartel....!!

Lightening and Thunder. Wow! Well, Love always remains Love and is very kind. Thats all that counts here.

When I'm reading an NDE I don't expect it to be coded.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Well said! The Bible is bad enough we don't need a code book to read Nanci Danison or Eben Alexander!

Darryl Forests

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have also been searching for the true names that should be used in the Besorah (good news) In my search, i have come across a few youtube vids that helped explain the names and the reasons as to why they hve been changed over the years.

I hope these help you in your quest.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!

Further off topic remarks and/or bickering could result in temporary Posting Bans.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

• What is a troll?
  • Trolling, And What To Do About It

edit on Fri Jul 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

• posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Biigs

You are right on the issue of pronunciation the ancient languages were very difficult to understand as the alphabet were not like the modern alphabet of today.

Ancient language lacked the vowels that makes written language easier to read and pronunciation, still to this day the scholars are trying very hard to decipher much of that lost languages.

Back to the bible ancient names,

One of the biggest problems with the names in the ancient world is that most of the manuscript has been lost in history for different reasons, first of all it was not written words in the begging but oral accounts passed over by those before them.

Why is this even an issue? Besides the fact that the original Bible and modern Bibles are in different languages, one of the major problems is that the original manuscripts don't exist anymore. So we can't compare modern Bible versions directly to the originals. Furthermore, the manuscripts which we do have are not exactly what was originally written. To explain, the oldest manuscripts of the Old Testament go back to 250 BCE. Yet, the Old Testament was being written over a period of time long before that, from 1400-400 BCE. That's a long time, especially for the earliest books – nearly 1200 years between original and copy!

Why don’t we have the original copies which were penned by the Bible writers? A number of factors caused the disappearance or destruction of ancient manuscripts. They were normally written on papyri (ancient paper-like material) or animal skins. Over time, these materials would decay and no longer be readable. Simply being used for many years could also ruin the manuscripts. In many areas of the world, humidity destroyed them. The only reason we have some manuscripts from as far back as 250 BCE is that they were found in desert areas with very low humidity. In times of war manuscripts were sometimes destroyed as part of the pillaging. The Bible is not unique in this aspect – the earliest copies of other ancient writings are missing for similar reasons.

irr.org...

When you research in the net about ancient bible names more often than not is going to give you those that are related to the Paleo Hebrew.

Biblical Hebrew Names, notice that this names already have the incorporation of the vowels for easier reading

www.behindthename.com...

Look at the Aramaic language and how it lacks the vowels in the known alphabet

The Aramaic language was the international trade language of the ancient Middle East. Originated in what is modern-day Syria, between 1000 and 600 BCE it became extremely widespread, spoken from the Mediterranean coast to the borders of India. Its script, derived from Phoenician and first attested during the 9th century BCE, also became extremely popular and was adopted by many people, both with or without any previous writing system.

One interesting innovation in Aramaic is the _matres lectionis_ system to indicate certain vowels. Early Phoenician-derived scripts did not have letters for vowels, and so most texts recorded just consonants. Most likely as a consequence of phonetic changes in North Semitic languages, the Aramaeans reused certain letters in the alphabet to represent long vowels. The letter 'aleph was employed to write /ā/, he for /ō/, yodh for /ī/, and waw for /ū

Can you imagine trying to talk without vowels to hold the words together?

www.ancientscripts.com...

I hope this help for the OP research.

edit on 5-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join