It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamophobia is it that bad on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by craigandrew
Neither is Christianity Mate......I heard and seen some very un-christian acts done in the name of it.

It's just some we have managed to get ourselves somewhere near the top of the relatively well fed food chain over the rest of them.

Its nice to feel pure as the driven snow (no dig intended at any person,just the general concept)

There is no comparison between Islamic attrocities and Christian attrocities. Christian attrocities are expressly un-Christian; Muslim attrocities are sanctioned and mandated by Allah.

Read the gospels of Christ. Christ is exclusively peace and love. This about sums it up:
    "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' 39 But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40 and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; 41 and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you. 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
Matthew 5-38-45.

Nothing like that in the Qur'an, sir. Kill those who persecute you, kill those who disbelieve.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
I'm not Islamophobic. I know Islam and I speak the truth about it, nothing more.
It's a bloody cult created by a war criminal to justify his war crimes, and yes, I can prove this by citing Muslim sources exclusively.
[edit on 8-11-2004 by Ibn Iblis]

Your post is somewhat true, but still skewed. Ok first all, Christainity also began as a cult.

Ok first lets lay some history. Pre-muslim Arabia was very tribe based. Primitive in some way. It was a land of nomadic people. Throughout the land were 'safe zones' so to speak. These areas were places were people would get together and discuss culture and religion without having to worry about being attacked by a tribe.

Abu-Bahkr was a great war-lord. He 'commanded' his tribe to great victories. When he got word that something called 'Islam' was starting up he decided that he was going to pay the prophet Muhammad a personal visit...to make a long story short, Abu-Bahkr saw the 'light' of Islam and became one of Muhammad's right hand men.

Now as far as Muhammad raiding caravans. Yes this happened. He used it to fund Islam. This is true. But this was the way of life back then. Eventually he stopped because Allah told him that it was a foul way of life. Before Muhammad began Islam, people in Arabia were burying small children, using bones to write poetry on...etc.You really cant compare current culture with a way of life that existed thousands of years ago.

I cant stress this enough. People want to classify these issues in black/white, Right/wrong, Good/evil. This polarization is dividing America.

Division is a tool used for control.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
... so is self-Right-ness, in contrast to Tolerance.

... What people in a nation do is what they are responsible for, in terms of dealing with the effects of their acts.

... You and I do not live where they live; so we have no authority over them. The only thing we can do is accord to them behavior that will not bring down violence upon our own heads. After all, they are a predatory race, as we are.

... One can only "bug" predators for so long, until they want to come get you and get even.

... Too bad Bush and his entire Satanist family don't understand this.

... Either that, or they work for Al Qeada. And as employees of Al Queada, they're doing a bang up job of taking down the United States which was once a Constitutional Republic.

... But no longer. Now, it's all influence-peddling, as in ancient Rome.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am not scared of the owner at my local gas station or the family who runs the Middle Eastern Market my mother goes to for flax and millet for her diet. They, Arab looking people, do not scare me.

Now, the arab man in line for the subway sweating profusley and eyes darting scares me, as would a black, white or chinese man acting that way.

Muslim extermism can be placed alongside the KKK of the late 1800's early 1900's, a cause brought forth with violence that hinged on religion. Not every baptist or protestant in the South was a klan member. BUt every blakc person thought they were, because of fear, of once bieng attacked or hurt by 'these people'. It has its palce in history.

The contempt for 'everything Arab" many people have comes from the countless suicide acts across the globe and that culminated in the deaths of over 3000 people in one day on 9/11. or hte bombings in the Phillipnes..or checnya...were these all not radical Muslims?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
History and humanity will show you that Gods and Religions come and go
We should be less concerned about the faith of others and more concerned about our own faith.
I do see Islamaphobia on Ats even if it is often in a subtle way. No Nation or relgion is without its dissapointing elements. Its only when these elements are inflicted on others.ie McDonalds etc.
Most of what I have read has been about get them before they get us.
My thoughts would be a little different go back further in time and ask the Question is this action or reaction?

The pendulum swings and swings and will swing until extermination unless someone with enough courage can grab the pendum and make it still. Point

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Good points above, also christian atrocities happened in a far different age, 500 years ago. You can't use that as a justification for anything as EVERYONE back then acted like that, especially the muslims.

I am sure if Islamics stopped doing such awful things to people then any anti Islam feeling would quickly die away. I work with Muslims every day and find them wonderful people, with the sort of qualities I wish many non muslims would copy.

I think everyone can seperate out the extreme islamics from the "normal" Islamics. Only the chronically intellectually challnaged would lump them all togheter as one.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't have Islamaphobia. What I have is "u.s. government" phobia, since they seem to be the ones who have the "Islamaphobia" blues.
What lengths will our government go to make sure that "democracy" is spread though out the world? Do they care who they step on in the process??? Even it is the U.S. citizens themselves who get crushed in the battle?
Lots of questions. Few answers.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Now, the arab man in line for the subway sweating profusley and eyes darting scares me, as would a black, white or chinese man acting that way.

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time you've been on a subway?
I only ask, because it seems like you were saying it to make a point.
If not, I apologize.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I don't see Islamaphobia as an issue here on ATS. There's bound to be remarks here and there that express dislike, but I'm sure you can find as many if not much more negative remarks about other religions and politics.

I don't think we lump terrorists in with the rest of the Arab speaking world. And, I'm sure not all Muslims are Middle Eastern.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Im sorry I dont agree with the Above ideology.
Democracy is the choice of the people.
Although the last US election had a larger turnout than previous years. Not all people voted. This is not the voice of the people, only those whiped into a frenzy. All people must vote to be considered a democracy. If you want people to obey the laws then the people must choose the lawmakers

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If you don't vote you support the status quo. Therefore non voters supported Bush.

Originally posted by Dan West
Im sorry I dont agree with the Above ideology.
Democracy is the choice of the people.
Although the last US election had a larger turnout than previous years. Not all people voted. This is not the voice of the people, only those whiped into a frenzy. All people must vote to be considered a democracy. If you want people to obey the laws then the people must choose the lawmakers

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Netchicken--

I'll be thinking about you this Thanksgiving. I'll be alone; my children are thousands of miles away.

So, that's a day I say my prayers for people I know that are vulnerable, alone, and maybe feeling left out. [I was homeless for 6 months in 1997.]

Thankfully, God never leaves me out. When I squeak, He's there.

Besides, I code HTML too, just pure code--not authoring tools.

: ) Em

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Never assume is a lesson that neads to be learnt.
In my country voting is compulsory, with penalties for no-compliance.
True Democracy without assumption

ASSUME
makes an ass out of u and me

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan West. All people must vote to be considered a democracy. If you want people to obey the laws then the people must choose the lawmakers

What I don't understand is...I'm sure the Iraqi citizens outnumbered the Sadam followers and "law makers". Why did'nt they have an upriseing or something against this brutal government?
Any valid answers are welcome. Can a government really so totally brainwash a people that they are in affect paralyzed?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have a cousin who works in Manhattan who had a bad experience on a subway very recently, within the last few months. My cousin has lived there his whole life.

A n arabic man got on the subway and had on a full lenght coat (this was August) and a huge duffel bag over his shoulder.He had middle Eastern features, shaggy hair, sweating, and was looking at everyone on the train like they were going to take his bag. Then he noticed how nice his fingers were. Like picing a undercover cop out at a biker party because his shirt is "too black".

Now, pre 9/11, my cousin said he would have thought the guy was a crack head, or another run of the mill nut and paid no attention. But he said being Arabic made him look closer, and when the made eye contact he said the look the guy gave him was pretty distant and cold, if that makes sense. 1000 yard stare typoe of thing. SInce then he has been scared #less to take the subway. Before you ask, it was Midtown I think he said. He is living on LI so he commutes everyday.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Oxford Dictionary Definition
Democracy: The Government elected by the the whole people of a country.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well all I can say is if I were an Arab and living here in the u.s. With the war and things going on the way they are....I would be a little bit paranoid if an "average" (whatever that is) u.s. citizen stared at me...
Thoughts would be going through my head like " gee I bet that average Joe there thinks I'm a terrorist and that I might be about to blow up something."
That could cause a little cold and distant stare, maybe even a bit of hostility and nervousness.
Just a thought. Take it as you will...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
Can a government really so totally brainwash a people that they are in affect paralyzed?

Yes, a governement can completely and totally brainwash a person. Religion can do the same. How about the media??? Think about it, doesn't that very thing happen in this country, too?? Of course, to a lesser extent.
Look at all the religious people who blindly vote as their minister suggests.
How do we know that a story on the news is the truth, or is it only what wea re meant to believe?
How do we know that what we are taught in our schools is the truth.

Look around, we in the US can also be brainwashed.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I know this is of the topic a little, however, Wars have been fought on less.
From where I sit the US is not a true democracy. Castles in the sand. The belief that it is a Demodracy, and being a Democracy, appear to be different. When one is pushing for global Democracy and doesnt practise Democracy oneself. How credible can the argument be. The Dictionary definition is clear. The whole people elect. When The Whole People vote it is a Democracy. It is a good System for Government. I know I live in one.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
In reference to brainwashing. I think the US is a clear example. The Government has brainwashed its people to think that they live in a democracy.
Go figure

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join