It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real lesson of the Snowden affair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Are we really surprised that US spies on everyone? In fact everyone probably spies on everyone...

The real concern imo is the reaction of other countries in the face of US indignation. In fact UK had put Snowden on a no fly list before there was even a price on his head. Rather oddly, but in a masterpiece of coincidence, Cameron was on TV at around the same time saying we needed whstleblowers. He was talking about the NHS but you get my drift....
Plus it certainly looks as though pressure has been brought to bear elsewhere. As for the closing of air space to the plane of a sovereign nation and the searching of that plane... - imo we should be a tad worried about that.
This my friends is what a one world government looks like. Of course we aren't there yet. Not quite.
edit on 4-7-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

They stated they want to give him "upto 30 years" I smell a plea deal to get him to return. "snowden come back and do 10 years then get kicked from USA and we won't kill you with a drone"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

I'm not surprised about the spying on other countries, but on me and mine, I am outraged. Sometimes I think it would be nice to return to the days when I was trusting and innocent. I was more positive and optimistic then. Now I don't see any difference between the NSA, the Stasi, or old KGB.

To be robbed so completely of one's privacy to have our medical record available to all, our tax records scrutinized and even our purchases does not in the least justify their supposed reasons for doing so. How can we ever have hope of being able to live in peace again if the trust in their best intentions is all gone?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Exactly, 90% of us already knew they have been spying on us.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18
Exactly, 90% of us already knew they have been spying on us.

Difference is now its open and on the table. Countries such as Germany are forced to react to the extend of US spying on their citizens when its all over the mainstream media.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think the real lesson to be learned is that everyone in government and most of our elected officials who have sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States have in fact committed treason by violating the terms of that document . . . in short we are a police state . . . with an agency that would make the KGB and the Gastapo look like clowns. We have turned into a warrior nation, not a nation where rights of its citizens guaranteed by our Constitution and the Bill of Rights are protected by those in power.

It is clear, by the actions taken by these agencies that they loyalty lies not to the American Sheeple, but to the Arabs, the Russians and all the other enemies of this country. They have fielded a private army to fight the undeclared wars to protect the financial and political interests of our enemies.

Obama, our first islamic president is now blundering and bringing harm to our country, it is apparent that he feels more loyalty to Islamic interests in Africa and the Middle East then to our Country.

I also find it amusing that another Clinton may be elected to the Presidency, I think we have had enough of Hillary and her adoption of the mantra now being used to propagandize and promote fear in this country.

I sure miss Tom Ridges Red, Yellow, and Green lights that signified the level of terror the "fatherland" was subjected to on any given day. It is somewhat ironic that when nine eleven happened all aircraft were grounded except those of the Saudi Royal Family, I think all thinking Americans know were the loyalty of our government lies, and it is not with those of us who are among the 99%. John

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SixX18

I'm certain you mean 90% of US here at ATS, right? Because if you're talking about the entire nation, there isn't 90% that believe anything they can't touch or eat. For the rest of the nation (outside ATS of course) it is finally becomming painfully obvious what kind of spying is really going on, but they are still in denial. Or have the attitude that they have nothing to hide so it's okay. Little do the masses understand that "nothing to hide" includes their treatments for STDs, their outside-of-marriage-lovers, their gambling/boozing/drugging - and all the moral, social and legal implications those types of situations can be brought to bear on "targeted individuals"....

I had a conversation about my inlaws thinking it's okay. Then I pointed that mom-in-law gets free dental care from her dentist brother "off the books" and that could be construed as conspiracy to evade taxes. Not much comment after that other than a dismissal that the concept was too far fetched.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

join