It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland Congress puts forward bill to grant Snowden citizenship

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
It would be fine to face the music if the system were just. Which it is not.

Is US civil justice unjust? You’ll get a more transparent trial in the US that you would in most of the nut-job nations he is trying to get to! He'll be able to take a pick of lawyers lining up to support this new cash cow.

He is being charged with espionage.

So he needs to go and defend himself and his motives.

So why do you think he should return? Where is the logic in that?

Because no one wants him. He has made his bed, now he can lie in it. He won’t get too badly punished and will get rich writing his autobiography. He’s fired his shots. Told us nothing we did not know already and is just being manipulated by others with an agenda. Once he’s no more use he’ll end up being sold out with no cards to hold.

I hope that Iceland follows through. Snowden needs a safe haven.

But we know they won’t, don’t we!?

Regards

Is US civil justice unjust. We'll yes, yes it is. Its totally corrupted by the influence of media, money and the 'plea bargain' system designed to intimidate people into copping for things they didnt do under threat of being sent to a rape factory.

Its a circus, a joke of the world.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Awesome news! Well done Iceland, geothermal energy and ethics.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Important Topic Updates

It looks like Snowden is applying for asylum in Norway now !!

NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has applied for asylum in Norway, according to the country’s foreign minister. Norway foreign ministry spokesperson Frode Andersen confirmed that they received a faxed asylum application at their Moscow embassy on Monday afternoon. He added that it’s most likely from Mr Snowden and the signature is allegedly his, but they cannot be 100 per cent sure of that.

The spokesman gave no details about the letter’s content or from where the asylum application was faxed from.

Snowden, who faces charges in the US for leaking secret surveillance information, has gone on record as saying the US government is refusing his right to seek asylum, revealed a WikiLeaks statement earlier on Monday.

Story from Ice News

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Why can't Americans be as educated, intelligent and informed as the Icelanders?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Welcome to Iceland, Snowden. This country is your new home. I am sure you will not have to become Snowden version 2 here because the goverment here is much better than in your country

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I would just like to know what is left in the snowden basket that has not yet come been revealed. it must be good for us but very very bad for others. the only reason they are so paranoid or sht scared to get him as soon as possible.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cayrichard

they can, if they want to. they will however need to do 2 things they are not prepared to. 1 get off their ass and do something. 2. they might need to sacrifice some of their luxuries.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
reply to post by starchild10

The Daily Mail is reporting that Snowden is in a 4-star hotel in Moscow:

Snowden's luxury hotel

I think the Russians are putting him up in comfort and style while he remains in their country!

the Daily Fail says " Edward Snowden could be staying at luxury hotel". So just more fodder for their ignorant readers..

A INTROV mentioned earlier, it doesn't look like Iceland will be giving him asylum

The proposal to grant Snowden citizenship received limited support when it was discussed Thursday — the last day before summer recess. Six members of minority parties were in favor out of Parliament's 63 members.

Yet we see more posters coming here to thank and praise Iceland .... I ask myself what the point of posting any info is if people are not going to read it anyway.

P.S Edward you can come and live in my shoe cupboard, no-one will find you in there

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
BIG YAY to Iceland!

Their balls must be made of DIAMONDS….It is second time their show fingers to global bullies!

Way to go Iceland and God bless!

Yep, 100% agreed.

Iceland is looking more and more like a great place to be.

Nice one Iceland!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

But at least they are discussing it in a serious forum. It is making headlines and bucking the trend - you might find more and more countries stepping forward. Especially those with an axe to grind against the US. Unfortunately, backroom politics (ie. threats) will probably limit their ability to help.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I find it Ironic Iran has not said a word on this issue. At least I have not seen any news or other information regarding their position on Snowden. If there was a country wanting to stick it to the U.S. I can think of no other country that is always looking for a way to stick it to the U.S. Government like the Iranians.

As far as the people who want nothing more then for Snowden to get caught and put in prison. I like to call these people Globalist Elitists. They believe their should be one country one government no matter the cost. To hell with all rights if it brings about what they want as long as it does not interfere with their daily lives to much of course.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar111

Frankly, i'm surprised the US hasn't yet insinuated Iran had something to do with putting Snowden up to leaking the truth..either that or that Snowden is actually an Iranian or Russian agent of some sort.

I know it's wacky...but these days wacky is the US governments mantra it seems.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Iceland rejects snowdens asylum request.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by soulwaxer
reply to post by JBA2848

BREAKING NEWS: Le Monde is reporting that France too is spying on its citizens... Storing facebook and twitter communication.

Puts a new outlook on the restriction of airspace by France... As the poster above said, it's all interconnected.

edit on 4-7-2013 by soulwaxer because: ETA

How is storing items that people willing put on social media "spying on their citizens"?

If I were to go back through my friends' timelines (or anyone who doesn't have a private profile), I can see everything they've posted for years. Doesn't mean I'm spying on them.

Of course its spying on them! You didn't "friend" uncle Sam and let him into your "circle of trust"!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
reply to post by bowaconstricta

But at least they are discussing it in a serious forum. It is making headlines and bucking the trend - you might find more and more countries stepping forward. Especially those with an axe to grind against the US. Unfortunately, backroom politics (ie. threats) will probably limit their ability to help.

I agree that it's good to see the Icelandic government at least take a vote on it and indeed I am hoping another country will step forward and consider giving Edward Snowden asylum.

You missed to point of my post which was to illustrate the fact that people here (some) are not reading previous posts, only reacting to OP's post and or, re-posting old facts as though new to the debate...

(again I see someone post the fact that the Iceland government voted against granting asylum 2 posts above this one..)
edit on 5-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If I were snowden I would go either to north korea or iran. I don't trust anyone else for beans. People act all suprised because they have been kept in the dark about this for so damm long. Imagine the outcry if someone made "we were the ones hiding ufo and alien disclosure, as well as spying on you, the entire time" statement.

Its awesome that it is public knowledge NOW, but we need more whistleblowers and more respect towards those brave enough to expose such secrets. The media is doing its job downplaying or outright ignoring stuff so we need to wake up fast.

Needless to say I hope he remains safe and keeps spilling the beans.

edit on 5/7/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

He could still apply for asylum if he got there, they rejected the proposal for citizenship outside the country being voted for as an agenda.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
why the hell are we trusting iceland? Brussels is way more significant and would have more meaning. That would signify that we can trust the bankers somewhat. More realistically, why not some nation like Switzerland! I'd trust the Swiss to take him, they're neutral, right? Iceland is fish and ice. Why are we focusing on them being a political power?

Oh, nvm.
edit on 8-7-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Technically, it is of benefit for all parties to stay at a point of near aggression at all times. Not because war is desired, but because propaganda for war allows quick warfare/psychological control of a population.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join