It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Mandate Delay – Who is buying this garbage??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by seabag

So..the business side( the side with all the money) complains about it, and they "delay" it for them, yet the individual mandate remains...... werent most supposed to get coverage from their primary employer?

So the first year no employers will provide coverage, yet the workers, that dont have billions or even millions of dollars, must still find coverage or face the fines, up to 1% of their income....which us poor people dont have to lose in the first place.

Sounds more and more retarded by the day to me.

Yeah, that's crazy. Isn't he supposed to be 'for the people'? Sounds like he is siding with the corporations instead.

Why not delay the entire Obamacare program?

I believe this was always planned, to force everyone onto the .gov plan in the first place....bunch of BS if you ask me.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And who is truly surprised???

0bamacare is a disaster, and both sides know it.
The only difference is, that the Left wants it as a stepping stone to single payer.
The republicans want it as more control.

It will be a financial disaster for this country, and everyone knows this.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by seabag

And who is truly surprised???

0bamacare is a disaster, and both sides know it.
The only difference is, that the Left wants it as a stepping stone to single payer.

It will be a financial disaster for this country, and everyone knows this.

Macman, your avi is amazing.......your thoughts, clear and pertinent, I wish there were more like you around the net.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Thanks for the kind words.

Sunny1 is to thank for the Avatar, I just followed instructions.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by neo96

I do so love politics don't you?

NO!

Who buys that garbage?

Only the people who want that 'affordable healthcare' and are just all fine and dandy waiting 5 years to get it, and government gets to spy on them even more via the 'obamacare Huib'.

This is only going to further damage the economy because it’s a temporary fix rather than long-term relief. Business people have been reluctant to expand and grow because of the new mandate. All of the uncertainty regarding Obamacare coupled with what we DO KNOW so far (that businesses are going to get bent over) only serves to delay economic growth and job creation. We can now expect a couple more years of stagnant economic conditions and high unemployment.

Way to go, Democrats! Keep putting your political careers before the people you swore to represent!

the people the democrats represent in this, are the ones that couldn't afford private healthcare. the corporate and business interests (spelled wealthy), had their chance for decades to come to some type of resolution, but their greed for massive profits, saw the elimination of health benefits at the same time keeping wages stagnant or lowering them, if you used inflation data. the private sector sucks at healthcare, and there are documented majority groups of full-time workers, that have not seen a doctor in several years, due to other pressing concerns of the workers like food and shelter, electrical and water bills, etc.
so our government has to step in to make sure a large swath of American people do not die from simple ailments and diseases, because the private sector was only concerned with investor profits, if corporate taxes go up, tough, they had plenty of time to reach an equitable solution, and they were too stupid and greedy to figure out the consequences of their own actions.
the government stepping in, is like an adult having to take a portion of a kids allowance, to pay for apps the kid downloaded on his smartphone that the parent pays for.
edit on 5-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

the government stepping in, is like an adult having to take a portion of a kids allowance, to pay for apps the kid downloaded on his smartphone that the parent pays for.

I'm not going to say they greed isn't a culprit in all this. But like others have said, WHY does the Government have to play the role of Father? Who said Government had to fix this, and fix it now? I don't need no drunk power abusing father who cant keep the lights on, who constantly needs to borrow, to keep the "family" from turning on him, running the show. This Step Father, if your going to use that kind of an example, is a bad one, with a bad track record. Not to mention a sellout. Look....... I found some of his documents next to the liquor hes been drinking........................

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ummmm….not a single Republican voted for Obamacare.

In fact, they seem to be jumping all over this issue this week.

Republicans don’t want to tweak the law as much as they want to bind it in chains and set it on fire, like some jargon-filled Necronomicon. Their strategy in 2009 and 2010 was to stop it from passing. Their strategy in 2011 and 2012 was to win an election and repeal the law.

When the word came down that the employer mandate portion of Obamacare had been delayed by one year, Republicans reacted like high-school football coaches getting doused with Gatorade. “This announcement means even the Obama administration knows the 'train wreck' will only get worse,” said House Speaker John Boehner. “This further confirms that even the proponents of Obamacare know it will hurt jobs,” said House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.
slate

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

When you look at the outline of the Cloward-Piven strategy, it’s strikingly similar to almost every move this administration has made.

Universal Health Care (control)
Cap and Trade (redistribution of wealth)
Making Puerto Rico the 51st state (more welfare recipients)
Legalizing 12 million illegals (more welfare recipients)
Stimulus and bailouts (bankrupt the country)

Knowing the stated goal of this strategy, it’s amazing more people aren’t alarmed.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Then why not just push to defund it?

I understand that they didn't vote for it, but.....not taking actions to get rid of it is just as bad.

Now, this isn't for the Conservatives that fall within the Rep realm, just most of the RINOs.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Knowing the stated goal of this strategy, it’s amazing more people aren’t alarmed.

Why would they?

This is what they want ! They voted these idiots in that have perpetrated this !

Its sick.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Then why not just push to defund it?

I understand that they didn't vote for it, but.....not taking actions to get rid of it is just as bad.

THEY HAVE!

Since it became law, House Republicans have voted dozens of times to defund all or part of the Affordable Care Act. In the Senate this month (March 2013), Sen. Ted Cruz proposed defunding the measure, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell later spoke on the Senate floor in support of such a path.

“I’ve spoken about 100 times on the Senate floor against Obamacare, and I’ve warned against its consequences: increased premiums, lost jobs and higher taxes,” McConnell said. He added, “It needs to be pulled out by its roots, and we need to start all over. This bill needs to be repealed, and it needs to be replaced.”

“We recognize that we don’t control the Senate or the White House, so votes to defund will not be successful,” a House Republican aide said. “But what we are confident about is that over the next year, the pain of Obamacare will be felt as premiums go up and businesses mull the massive new costs and whether to drop coverage.”

At this stage, votes to defund the law are carried out mostly to placate the most conservative members of Congress, the aide said.
www.buzzfeed.com...

Now, this isn't for the Conservatives that fall within the Rep realm, just most of the RINOs

Elections have consequences. Until Republicans control both houses, they simply won’t be able to do it. Democrats KNOW that once the full pain of this bill hits everyone in their pocket books they will be pressured to join the Republican vote to defund. That’s exactly why they pushed it back!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Effectively what this delay had done has allowed the employers an interesting position. They could opt to provide zero coverage of any insurance policies in 2013 as a form of protest against Obama(doesn't)Care.

Can you imagine the immediate backlash against the government as millions scramble to buy buy a policy and have to pay 100% of the monthly premiums? Suddenly upper midddle class and lower upper class would find they have everything in common with the minimum wage slaves...that would cause some changes top happen very quickly.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was not aware of their attempts at defunding it.
Good on them. Lets hope that they regain in 2014 and will still push to defund it in total.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The repubs have much bigger issues that will make it difficult to win an election. But what difference does it make? Both parties are in favor of policy that defiles the constitution....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
reply to post by seabag

The repubs have much bigger issues that will make it difficult to win an election. But what difference does it make? Both parties are in favor of policy that defiles the constitution....

I’m well aware of the precarious position we are in, friend. It’s a sad state of affairs.

However, we do have a choice. Would you like your constitution defiled, Marxist dictatorship and financial collapse -OR- just your constitution defiled?

I'll take the latter until we have a better option. I hope that day comes soon...

edit on 5-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
Effectively what this delay had done has allowed the employers an interesting position. They could opt to provide zero coverage of any insurance policies in 2013 as a form of protest against Obama(doesn't)Care.

Can you imagine the immediate backlash against the government as millions scramble to buy buy a policy and have to pay 100% of the monthly premiums? Suddenly upper midddle class and lower upper class would find they have everything in common with the minimum wage slaves...that would cause some changes top happen very quickly.

My boss already said he is considering opting out of the insurance game......

Its actually a scary thought, and one that I don't wish to see.

Talk about absolute Polarization of this Country.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Who's buying this garbage?

Easy: Chris Matthews, Toure', Soledad O'Brien, Whoopi, and the rest of the Obama Leg-Humpers, that's who.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by MDDoxs

Socialized healthcare is inevitable.

No one can look at the future and technologies progress and pretend they are an island.

If that is the case, then something akin to 1984 is inevitable. Not that we haven't already made spectacular strides in that direction. Unfortunately, Orwell was actually far too optimistic. The obviousness of Big Brother's malevolence will not be so plain for everyone to see. Big Brother will not come packaged as an obvious villain. He will come disguised as a wonderful gift. He will have a relatively plausible excuse to watch your every move and force you to obey his every command.

Your precious socialized healthcare will be your cage.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Compassion and understanding are a result of knowledge. Morality is formed by knowledge.

1984 is not what the future will be like, but your fear will be a useful tool.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by BrianFlanders

1984 is not what the future will be like

You're absolutely right. The future will be much worse than 1984. It already is. I know you will deny it but don't bother. This is why it is already worse. You can safely deny it. In the world depicted in 1984, you would have had to be a complete zombie to deny it. The circumstances under which the people in that novel lived were obviously bad. The villains of the future will have learned a thing or two about psychology. Which is that people cannot be unhappy if they don't even know they should be. The cruel dictators of the past were too stupid to figure it out that they didn't need to be brutal. All they really had to do was be smarter than the average dolt.

Today, otherwise intelligent people can live their whole lives in denial and not be driven crazy by it.
edit on 5-7-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join