It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare Mandate Delay – Who is buying this garbage??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This week, House Republicans went after the Obama administration for delaying a key part of the heath care overhaul. The punishing mandate requiring employers to provide health care for employees or face fines was pushed back until 2015.

"It's clear we have no idea the full scope of delays and disarray that may be coming. The American public deserves answers," Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich., chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said in a statement.

Republicans are basically suggesting that the delay is a result of the program being in complete disarray. Democrat leaders immediately responded:

In explaining the decision, officials said they were responding to businesses' concerns that the reporting requirements were too onerous -- they said they would simplify that system and give employers an additional year to comply.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid described the change as merely a "willingness to be flexible" and work with businesses
link

I offer another suggestion. The midterm election will occur in 2014. When considering the 2014 midterm election, the obvious question is whether it will be a continuation of the dynamics of 2012. Will Republicans continue to have problems with minority, female, younger, and moderate voters? If that happens, it will certainly bring about Republican losses in the House or Senate. So how can Democrats make sure Republicans have the same troubles they had in 2012? EASY! They just have to use the same formula and run on the same issues that gave them success in 2012!

Democrats know they will face a serious backlash during the next phase of implementation of Obamacare. We know they are trying to suppress the confusion and hide the cost of Obamacare. They know the burden on businesses will be significant and it will result in higher prices, higher unemployment and less hours for the average worker; we’re already seeing this. Is it a coincidence that we now have a delay until 2015???

It’s obvious to me this delay until 2015 was done to kick the can down the road and pave the way for Democrat political victories in 2014 and 2016. For the midterm elections, the burden of the mandate won’t be realized at all (repeat of 2012). Looking at the 2016 Presidential election, we will only have a small taste of the mandate and Democrats can say, “Despite Republican opposition, Obamacare is finally underway”. They will play off the mandate as ‘growing pains’ and promise it will get better soon if ONLY THEY ARE RE-ELECTED!

I think we’re seeing this administration playing politics with heath care once again. They don’t want to fix anything. They just want to keep using healthcare as a political tool so they can paint the Republicans as uncaring. They plan to make the 2014 and 2016 elections about Obamacare and they will ask voters, “Do you want to keep your wonderful Obamacare or elect Republicans who will cater to their corporate friends and take your health care away.

Obamacare is the Democrat's new race-card and has been used since 2008. The question is, how many will fall for this tactic once again?

edit on 4-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Whats gonna be really funny is when health care mandate keeps getting pushed back and back... and we get to watch republicans sabotage their own finances and businesses while claiming its Obamas' fault....

The republicans are setting themselves up to lose the American public for good.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Isn't this EXACTLY what the republicans want?!?

The better questions is: Who is buying the republican outrage over it?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its like a political campaign replay button...

Aside from the fact that i think the current administration severely underestimated the effort required for this initiative, I share your belief that this is will be used to build a foundation for attempts at future political victories.

"We need 4 more years for Obama care"

I could definitely see this as a political ploy. You would almost feel required to vote blue to ensure the last 8 years of attempted implementation of Obamacare dont go to waste...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Socialized healthcare is inevitable.

No one can look at the future and technologies progress and pretend they are an island.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

The republicans are setting themselves up to lose the American public for good.

Actually, Democrats are pushing back the mandates because they know once the full burden is realized there will be no chance of winning next year.

If the program is so damned good, why are they hiding from it? They know its political suicide!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by MDDoxs

No one can look at the future and technologies progress and pretend they are an island.

I agree that is inevitable. But i disagree with how its been used for political advantage that will continue to influence the political landscape of the US beyond the 2 terms under the Obama administration..

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I could definitely see this as a political ploy. You would almost feel required to vote blue to ensure the last 8 years of attempted implementation of Obamacare dont go to waste...

Exactly!

They found another hot-button political issue that works and they’re milking it out. In the meantime, all the people with no health care will STILL have no health care. They don’t care about that….all they care about is keeping their power. They'll keep using it as long as it works.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Why is total government control over or lives inevitable? I’d rather live on an island than have my rear end wiped by Big Brother! There are plenty of other options.

By the way, I thought the argument for Obamacare was that it’s NOT socialized medicine? That is what we were told before it passed.

Yet another example of deception for political gain.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The truth about Obamacrap is slowly starting to hit the whores in congress that decided that in order to know what the crap was about they need it to pass the bill first.

Sadly it was mean for failure from the beginning, I can not understand how the morons didn't know what the bill have when we the public or most of us knew exactly for what it was crap and a bailout

Socialized health care in the US, something that is allowed only if somebody get to profit from something else .

The only part of the Obamacrap that is socialized is the one that mandates healthy individuals to pay into a pool in order to lower rates for those that will not make enough. While the insurance companies get to profit from those that can get mandated with higher premiums, copays and out of pocket expenses something Obama fail to warn the public about it.

Still in order to work it would have to have the states forced into expanding medicaid, (to avoid erosion of profits) that is not going to happen, now that the poor are the ones in the losing end without expansion of Medicaid the protest may start in the streets because Obamacrap will fail the poor that was supposed to help.

But the gouging on the hard worked tax payer goes as schedule, like I say somebody have to profit at the end.
edit on 4-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
What could have possible gone wrong with a 2000 page bill that they 'had to pass before they knew what was in it' ?

Think they didn't know?

They knew.

Sure enough they got their butts kicked in the House for passing this trash so I can see why some people think it was pushed back for political reasons..

Hell it was pushed for nothing but political reasons.get's defended for political reasons.

And in the real world those political reasons have REAL WORLD consequences as in higher insurance rates that millions have already seen..

They will continue to see them if the mandate was fully implemented right now employers would cut costs anyway they can that would put people out of work.

And as they say people do vote with their wallets, no job no money in the wallet, no vote for them in DC.

Now compound that with the recently revelations of another hot topic spying, and once the ACA goes in to full swing guess who gets to SPY even more

Pay attention:

In response, the HHS said the ObamaCare data hub will "interact" with seven other federal agencies: Social Security Administration, the IRS, the Department of Homeland Security, the Veterans Administration, Office of Personnel Management, the Department of Defense and — believe it or not — the Peace Corps. Plus the Hub will plug into state Medicaid databases

That is a trifecta of political faux pas 's and they are running a delay action with pushing the mandate back, and a 'air borne assault' via immigration.

To solidify their political power.

Who buys that garbage?

Only the people who want that 'affordable healthcare' and are just all fine and dandy waiting 5 years to get it, and government gets to spy on them even more via the 'obamacare Huib'.

I do so love politics don't you?
edit on 4-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I do so love politics don't you?

NO!

Who buys that garbage?

Only the people who want that 'affordable healthcare' and are just all fine and dandy waiting 5 years to get it, and government gets to spy on them even more via the 'obamacare Huib'.

This is only going to further damage the economy because it’s a temporary fix rather than long-term relief. Business people have been reluctant to expand and grow because of the new mandate. All of the uncertainty regarding Obamacare coupled with what we DO KNOW so far (that businesses are going to get bent over) only serves to delay economic growth and job creation. We can now expect a couple more years of stagnant economic conditions and high unemployment.

Way to go, Democrats! Keep putting your political careers before the people you swore to represent!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

We are to become the part time nation, where no body in the working class gets to improve themselves and get the American dream that now has become the illegal immigration American dream if the immigration bill passes.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is only going to further damage the economy

Yep and here yet another reason among many.

All insurance works by people who aren't using it pay for those who are.

Now with the ACA everyone using it no one paying for it with that will have economic downturn. So they will come up with yet another solution of make a minorty 'pay their fair share' to offset the healthcare deficits thus driving the economy down even further.

The endless circle of stupidity.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Dear seabag,

You've covered the main purposes for this delay quite thoroughly. Do you ever do bad work?

I'd like to add one minor point, if I may.

From the beginning, Obama has been concerned about his legacy. He convened a panel of historians to tell him what made a great president in their opinion. Unfortunately for him, Obamacare is the only thing that hasn't been shown to be trivial or harmful. Obamacare is his legacy (at least as far as a good legacy goes).

The Government has known for quite some time that this program was going to be a train wreck if they launched it on time. That wreck would destroy his last chance for being known for anything. We know he is almost exclusively concerned about himself and his reputation. He couldn't allow this to go forward and end up in ruins.

So, with all of this factored in, he decided to ignore the law requiring it to be implemented in 2014. That's a safe move for him, he's done it before without any particular damage. And, I believe, he's more concerned with his position than the Democrat party's.

But again, you've got it well covered. Just adding a little more frosting to your cake.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Still in order to work it would have to have the states forced into expanding medicaid, (to avoid erosion of profits) that is not going to happen, now that the poor are the ones in the losing end without expansion of Medicaid the protest may start in the streets because Obamacrap will fail the poor that was supposed to help.

Don’t all of Obama’s policies fail those we were told they would help? I mean, where are the alternative energy sources he promised and we paid for? How many new jobs do we have now from the stimulus we paid for? Why don’t ME countries love us yet after Obama's foreign policy changes? Obama’s housing program that we paid for was supposed to prevent 9 million from losing their homes yet million continue to lose homes and it’s estimated the program only helped 1.7 million. What about Obama’s deficit reduction proposal?? The deficit was double what he promised. Then we have AFFORDABLE health care....where is it?

How many times will people fall for these lies?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

They will keep falling for the lies, because is in the American party believer DNA, as long as people believe in their political party lies they will keep falling for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The health care bill is NOT universal health care. It is a multi trillion dollar takeover of a huge part of the American economy as well as legislated fascism.

It REQUIRES people to BUY THEIR OWN HEALTH CARE and massively increases the cost for everyone.

NOBODY IS GETTING FREE HEALTH CARE EXCEPT THOSE THAT ALREADY HAVE IT.

If, by any desperate stretch of a credible imagination, anybody in government had actually wanted to cover the millions of people with no healthcare insurance, they would have created an insurable group to cover those people and paid for it out of government taxes. Even with a huge discount and minimal coverage it would have been a giant windfall for whatever insurance group actually got the contract. It would also have cost a small fraction of the health care bill.... AND gotten everybody insured.

NOW there will be more people with political exemption FROM Obama care than there were without insurance before.

Obamacare is the economic equivalent of cutting off someones foot because they have a hangnail.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

How do they think they can keep the economy going for that long? Aren't we approaching 17 trillion dollars in debt?

What's his answer? WW3? That will go down well with the american public. We can already see the mess they made in Egypt by putting in radical jihadist and alqueda backers.

Are they aiming for ANOTHER false flag terror attack to get the people motivated for another endless war?

How stupid are these people?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

From the beginning, Obama has been concerned about his legacy. He convened a panel of historians to tell him what made a great president in their opinion. Unfortunately for him, Obamacare is the only thing that hasn't been shown to be trivial or harmful. Obamacare is his legacy (at least as far as a good legacy goes).

The Government has known for quite some time that this program was going to be a train wreck if they launched it on time. That wreck would destroy his last chance for being known for anything. We know he is almost exclusively concerned about himself and his reputation. He couldn't allow this to go forward and end up in ruins.

I see where you’re coming from but Obamacare mandates are going to be a train wreck no matter how long they’re pushed it back. Delaying the inevitable doesn’t make it go away, it simply buys them more time in power.

I don’t believe Obama wants to be tied to Obamacare. During the 2010 elections, Democrats couldn’t run far enough away from it and we’re seeing that again now.

So….I must ask....if he is concerned about his legacy, why would he want to pass a program that is destined to cause more pain and heartache than any benefit it could possibly provide? I certainly wouldn’t want to be tied to it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join