It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

St Louis Police Union Thug Jeff Roorda Doesn't Like Video Being Used To Prosecute Bad Cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is just sick. A police officer is caught on their camera assaulting a handcuffed suspect. Judge declares him not guilty without even viewing the video. Then there's the jewel of a comment, "police footage should be used to protect cops, not go after them". Holy hell.

Source PINAC
edit on 4/7/2013 by PsykoOps because: sourced

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yup..it's wrong..I think they need to really rethink the hiring standards that go into being a police officer. Ongoing mental, physical and emotional conditioning and training probably is a requirement but it should be if it is not. It also points out the hypocrisy of a lot of people on this site.

How many people here would be up in arms if the police were filming normal people doing their jobs? Make it even simpler and say the average person was filming one of us without our consent.

The Govt breaks laws when it completes their formula..BURN THEM
A citizen does it..TURN A BLIND EYE
The Govt monitors people ...BURN THEM
A citizen films a cop...TURN A BLIND EYE

That's the way of the world so I get it..I just don't understand how people are so willing to say "this group over here are horrible and wrong" while "this group over here they are hero's even though they are doing the same thing" ..

In my best Mr. Pink voice "this blaming automatically, that's for the birds"

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What the hell was the other officer saying. "I'm college educated and you're going to jail the rest of your life" or something along those lines...

Then pushes the suspect into the wagon.

Yeah man, you're a real genius.

The police forces need to deal with these people appropriately or they will give all cops a bad name. If the police want to elevate their public perception, this needs to be intolerable. *The punching part, the part where the second one says he's college educate, I have no clue what he's doing...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm not sure of the validity but I've heard that in US they dont want smart people to join police. They are afraid that they get the education etc. and then get bored with the job. I know around here it's the opposite. They in my opinion embhasise smartness bit too much. We're still not seeing large numbers of cops quitting due to boredom. They work 12h shifts hauling drunks mostly and not getting much of a pay for it and still not quitting in mass.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That judge needs to get thrown off the bench. Fast. When a judge can declare that evidence can only be used for one side of a case, or that something can't be used to show criminal intent simply because it's a public official, this is a serious breach of trust and conflict of interest.

That's a circus, and some Kafka-esque judicial behavior that's scary crazy. "Only evidence presented that shows the suspect's guilt/innocence is allowed! Nothing to the contrary!"

This judge needs to be held accountable, as well, and his actions need to be reviewed higher up.This cannot just be forgotten, and this judge should be made to know (through media and public attention to this case and his actions) that his decision and comments will not go away. Don't sweep it under the rug. Make it national news.

Demand review of the judge and the case.

And investigate this judges past trials and decision.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well tough luck buddy boy. You wanna act like a pig go to the pigsty. If you're an upstanding cop who has nothing to hide you shouldn't have a problem with it. Now, wait wait wait. Before people start saying "Then you shouldn't mind having your every step monitored." Well yes I would mind. Why? Because tax dollars don't pay my salary, I don't have a job witch my responsibilities consist of protecting and serving the public, and upholding the constitution. Nor does it require me to handle live fire weapons. If the video is clear why shouldn't be admissible in court.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
I'm not sure of the validity but I've heard that in US they dont want smart people to join police. They are afraid that they get the education etc. and then get bored with the job. I know around here it's the opposite. They in my opinion embhasise smartness bit too much. We're still not seeing large numbers of cops quitting due to boredom. They work 12h shifts hauling drunks mostly and not getting much of a pay for it and still not quitting in mass.

Bored with the job? More like see through the BS. They want mindless obedience from cops. They want them to be molded into ignorant servants who do not question the law they are upholding. THAT is the point.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

Thinking people are free. And dangerous.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That's the reason I've heard for it. Could be that they just use that as an excuse. As I see it a police officer is more like a street diplomat than an enforcer. In that case higher IQ would be preferred. For an enforcer a big gun and no mind of their own would be prefertable. So that might be true.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
That was pretty funny, i laughed. Real clean right from behind BOOM. Anyone else have a hard time not laughing at this?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Don't worry the internet will never forget.

As we become more connected he will find no place that will be safe from the condemnation of others. This will haunt him forever.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by boncho

As we become more connected he will find no place that will be safe from the condemnation of others. This will haunt him forever.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Yeah... oddly enough people whine a lot about CCTVs and other cameras, or camera phones being everywhere, privacy and all that. But it tends to keep bullys and bad guys in check, whether or not it's your typical badguy or it's one pretending to be a good guy.

I know it's helped me keep my calm. I know when I go to a bar that there's a dozen camera phones and CCTVs everywhere in case I think it's a good idea to get into an altercation with someone. (Be it verbal or physical). When I first was old enough to hit the bars, (small town) it was pretty standard for guys to fight it out at the end of the night.

I think the first video I saw showing abuse of power was the beach cop choking out a young kid for skateboarding in the 'wrong place'. The kid was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Part of me is concerned about privacy, but I have more concern for kids like that. I was that kid at one time, and my kids could be him too...

We all need to be kept in check sometimes. So long as it doesn't bring frivolous prosecution. In this case, I'd say it wouldn't be frivolous.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by boncho

I wish that was the case. Unless this goes seriously viral nothing will happen. The union will strongarm the cop his job back and the judge will stay on the seat. This kinda makes me want to look at this judges past cases. Not sure how to do that thought.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well thats too bad for him, he's just going to have to suck it up. Perhaps if he and his friends were more honorable he wouldn't be concerned about being exposed for the kind of person he and his affiliates are. I say too damn bad!

top topics

join