It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Decade Confirmed Warmest of Recorded Science

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was very slow to believe in global warming and weather changes but now the evidence is starting to gain up and we can see this 'swing' weather is happening. They were predicting this back in 2009 and I just saw Michio Kaku on the news talking about statistics that flooding has been more than the last 500 years and also a recent spike in the heat from the last ice age.

The World Meteorological Organization says the planet "experienced unprecedented high-impact climate extremes" in the ten years from 2001 to 2010, the warmest decade since the start of modern measurements in 1850.

Those ten years also continued an extended period of accelerating global warming, with more national temperature records reported broken than in any previous decade. Sea levels rose about twice as fast as the trend in the last century.

A WMO report, The Global Climate 2001-2010, A Decade of Climate Extremes, analyses global and regional temperatures and precipitation, and extreme weather such as the heat waves in Europe and Russia, Hurricane Katrina in the US, tropical cyclone Nargis in Myanmar, droughts in the Amazon basin, Australia and East Africa, and floods in Pakistan.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Dear greyer,

Isn't if odd that all the planets experienced the same temperature swings? Could it have anything to do with the sun? Just asking.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
and yet...ARCTIC ICE
more to ponder ...so...relax and have a c(_)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba
and yet...ARCTIC ICE

Star for you...

To quote your source:

Arctic ice area growth since mid-September has shattered the previous record, growing 175,000 Manhattans of new ice over the last four months.

Andy Revkin reports on this today, describing the record growth as “record melt.”

Arctic ice continues to melt at a record-breaking pace

Source: Obama and the Environment: What He Can Do – Expert Advice – MensJournal.com

It only makes sense that ice would melt when the temperature is -30C.

That last line had me cracking up.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Uh Oh.... Where did this come from?

The Met Office has admitted that global warming has stalled.

Officials say that by 2017, temperatures will not have risen significantly for nearly 20 years.

They concede that previous forecasts were inaccurate – and have come under fire for attempting to ‘bury bad news’ by publishing the revised data on Christmas Eve.

Source: Global warming has STALLED since 1998: Met Office admits Earth's temperature is rising slower than first thought

It seems that consensus isn't quite as concise as some would love to have the public believe. In fact, the global warming itself seems to be in serious question as valid science at all. It seems some areas have warmed while others have not. Now I'm no climatologist...any more than anyone else around here is....but the evidence seems to throw this whole thing into very serious question more than anything is remotely certain.

edit on 4-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Sadly the earth is a lot older than a mere one hundred years, climate change advocate knows how to target the population base on statistics within the life span of humans, earth is been here longer than any species been born and many now extinct.

Historical facts shows that we are at the end of the last ice age, also shows that earth is been longer warmer than it has been cold so warming periods lasting longer than colder and we as a species are considered the youngest species that have live and thrive in earth, since the end of the warming period, surviving theice age and in our highest point in the end of the ice age, because earth temperatures has been favored for the human species.

So yes earth is going to get a lot hotter once the ice age is over with, no is not human making is just earth cycles of climate change a natural thing, we either adapt of die trying and as usual like those species before us we may die for new species to thrive.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Indeed, global warming is certainly real. Its just the primary cause thats being obfuscated to try and swindle the public out of more money.

Anthropomorphic global warming (man made) is a factor, but a small one. The activities of man of more resulting in the severe poisoning of our planet, but not its warming.

The sun is by the farthest the greatest influencer of planetary temperature at this point in the planets history. Earths surface is relatively cold at this point comparing it to where it was in bygone eons, and its not really being heated by its interior to a significant degree any more. The heat is coming from outside the planet.

Its easily provable; all the planets in our solar system have experienced a observable shift in temperature, upwards. The only thing within reason that could cause that is a change in the central star of the system.

As the sun heats the Earth, one very important thing happens, the temperature rises and the atmospheres capacity to hold moisture increases. With the increase in moisture capacity, potential energy levels increase as well, resulting in... can you guess?

More violent, unpredictable and erratic weather. Not to mention wetter weather. Temperature spreads for any time frame could also become wider, resulting in very hot temperatures some places, but unseasonably cool in others., and vice versa.

Its all driven by the sun. When the sun says "get hotter" to its planets, the planets ask "how hot?"

In 30 years or so, its not impossible that the world all of us have grown up in will be significantly different from a climatological stand point. Were already seeing it slowly change now, and have been for the last decade or more.

ETA:

Forgot to add, methane is pouring into our atmosphere at a tremendous and accelerating rate due to methane clathrates destabilizing and turning into gas.

Methane is ~20x the insulator as CO2 is, and once methane clathrates start their destabilization process, it doesnt stop until they are ALL sublimated into gas.

So with the sun doing its wacky thing that we dont understand, and methane more and more heavily insulating the planet, get ready for a lot more heat in the future.

edit on 7/4/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When I saw the title of this thread, I was afraid that I would have to be the one to point out that the 'epidemic' of man-made global warming is little more than weak science coupled with powerful propaganda; thankfully, it appears that there are plenty of members on ATS with similar views.

Global warming is real, so is global cooling. These are natural cycles that do not rely on humanity for their existence, yet, most of the duped out there believe that humans are solely responsible for these ordinary occurrences.

The science behind this propaganda has been refuted time and time again, yet, the notion persists that mankind is at fault, and without the intervention of the government (I.E. telling us how to live our lives), the planet is doomed.

What a sad state of affairs and ignorance we exist in.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by greyer

Dear greyer,

Isn't if odd that all the planets experienced the same temperature swings? Could it have anything to do with the sun? Just asking.

Not sure I haven't studied this subject much. I do believe science that in the very first days of the creation of earth that our planet was a ball of fire, then somehow the space cooled off the fire and it turned to a planet of salt water - I don't know... but if there such extreme 4 billion years ago and now the result is us, we shouldn't have much to worry.
edit on 4-7-2013 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Sadly we all pretty much knows who is behind the man made climate change and who are the ones to profit from.

It seems that the government is taking the task to push the climate change agenda and as usual geared by private interest profiteers will push laws to control what can not be control, this will open the door for more laws in the future to keep making money from the tax payers.

edit on 4-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer

You also need to take into consideration that we have changed how we measure the current temperature a few times over the last decades.

No one seems to mention that.
edit on 4-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
SF OP.

To each denier that's responded, I challenge to answer the questions I've posted.

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by greyer

Dear greyer,

But did all the planets experience the same temperature swings?

Originally posted by jibajaba
and yet...ARCTIC ICE

More arctic sea ice... what does that mean regarding climate change?

Does more ice form in the winter than melts in the summer?

How thick is the new ice growth?

Does it compensate or is it perplexingly actually a sign of a warmer Arctic?

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Is that what the actual press release stated? Doesn't seem so.

The latest decadal prediction suggests that global temperatures over the next five years are likely to be a little lower than predicted from the previous prediction issued in December 2011.

However, both versions are consistent in predicting that we will continue to see near-record levels of global temperatures in the next few years.

This means temperatures will remain well above the long-term average and we will continue to see temperatures like those which resulted in 2000-2009 being the warmest decade in the instrumental record dating back to 1850.

reply to post by marg6043

Earths climate doesn't actually change, whether global cooling or global warming, without a catalyst (dominant forcing). Sometimes those catalysts are natural, like the Earth's wobble which changes our tilt toward or away from the sun... sometimes it's a massive volcano or a meteor... this time it is humans by adding more greenhouse gasses than can be cycled through the normal process.

Are we supposed to be coming out of our ice age?

What's ended ice ages in the past, what's different between then and now?

Is our planet in a current orbit and tilt that means we should be warming?

Is the sun producing more energy?

Should we be heating up as fast as we are?

reply to post by Wertdagf

So educate us.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

It is interesting that facts of global cooling and warming is measure by historical accounts and findings, actually the earth as spend more time warmer than cooler.

Still I find more interesting that the sun exploration to find out how its cycles also affect earth is almost none existent or highly disregarded as the sun is something that can not be control neither make profits from, while people's mind can be manipulated into believing that earth climax could be change by human, you can tax humans for earth pollution but you can not tax them for the sun behavior, those claim about the sun will be impossible.

I will be very interesting to see what is the information about the sun and its impact with earth able to sustain life.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
When I saw the title of this thread, I was afraid that I would have to be the one to point out that the 'epidemic' of man-made global warming is little more than weak science coupled with powerful propaganda; thankfully, it appears that there are plenty of members on ATS with similar views.

Yea and we are only talking about 150 years of recorded conditions.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

you can tax humans for earth pollution but you can not tax them for the sun behavior

I wouldn't go saying that too loudly. If there's a tax that can be levied, and some insane way of justifying it, the Government will use it.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You didn't answer a single question I asked.
You aren't obligated to of course but I'm not sure how discussion can take place if questions are deflected.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

...and ice cores and tree rings and sea bed cores which go back much further in time. Or are we supposed to ignore those?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Sorry dear but I was indulging on some very tasty ribs and forgot about the questions. My views of what I see the earth changes are base on history.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Here is one of the links I have found in the net about earth history.

Earth's climatic history

www.eoearth.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Except the Met Office never admitted that global warming had stalled - the media made that bit up!

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

edit on 4-7-2013 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join