It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Can you explain to me why blacks are "down" and why the need to "get up"??
How did they get "down"

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

Dear Mr. Baddguy,

Blacks were stripped of their culture, made slaves and kept in zoos, insulted "scientifically" and then..set free and expected to just move on and assimilate..People don't understand that all that conditioning still carry's on and many of the situations they face come from the past. Its like beating up someone, breaking their legs and then you stop and say " come on now..get up and walk straight. No one is beating you anymore!"

Its also this type of talk that prevents anyone from moving forward. Nobody asked the Black American's to forget the past. This assimilation into a white man's society is something of old and for all intensive purposes out dated. We live today in 2013 very different from 140yrs ago. Do we still have problems across the board? Yes, are Black American being strung up, or fed to the dogs? NO, how about lynchings? I'm not going to say we still don't have these types of Societies in America by any means. Hell go to the bible belt of the south, THEY LOOK AT ME LIKE I"M AN ANIMAL and I'm half white
Besides the point, my apologies, the point is those societies are dying, the towns are delapidated, they have no business and that mentality that is being upkept on the Black American side is fading into the darkness of the White American Society. There a dying breed badguy~

So the question of how to "Get Past" "Move Forward?" is exactly how it sounds. We as a society no longer live in "that world". The Crimes of old are being taken out on new generations younger than me who have never experianced Racism to it's fullest and will never understand. So, to the younger generation we owe them to hold all of society to a greater level. Not because we can't forgive nor do we have to, but to prevent this type of behavior to keep trickling down the steps. It's because we corrupt the minds of our youth and prevent them from coinciding as a society peacefully that we are still experiancing this today.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it will take another 140yrs to get it through everyones heads. Call me a dreamer~

Best regards,

Nathan

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by suz62

Can you explain to me why blacks are "down" and why the need to "get up"??
How did they get "down"

No, I leave the excuses to them.

I know that they can succeed when they make the effort. The system does not fail them. It's failing the whites now.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

So the question of how to "Get Past" "Move Forward?" is exactly how it sounds. We as a society no longer live in "that world". The Crimes of old are being taken out on new generations younger than me who have never experianced Racism to it's fullest and will never understand. So, to the younger generation we owe them to hold all of society to a greater level. Not because we can't forgive nor do we have to, but to prevent this type of behavior to keep trickling down the steps. It's because we corrupt the minds of our youth and prevent them from coinciding as a society peacefully that we are still experiancing this today.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it will take another 140yrs to get it through everyones heads. Call me a dreamer~

Best regards,

Nathan

You are in great company. Keep the dream alive!

Yea...I caught that reference.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by asher
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

Exactly. Blacks won't allow themselves to forget either. We couldnt forget even if we wanted to because that's our only known history.

Speak for yourself, sorry Asher but you are doing a terrible job at putting across your argument, you are only digging the hole deeper. I disagree with much of the points put across by other members but if you are going to be the spokesperson for the black community you should at least learn more about our cultural heritage.

Tell the black half of my family that they have no history! Black people are human history!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Visitor2012

Perhaps, but you can't deny the fact that slaves and their indian brethren, probably enjoyed the fireworks. They have no reason to celebrate that occasion with you.

do you have a birthday? of course.

do you ever celebrate your becoming 1 year old on subsequent birthdays? no, because that was then and this is now.

The birthday and every subsequent birthday, is for celebrating the birth itself. Independence Day, and every subsequent Independence day is for celebrating the day the Country became independent. Both are for celebrating the original event. What point are you trying to make?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What point are you trying to make?

holidays celebrate what one currently has. respectfully, one celebrates how many years of life they've had, (and are currently at) on birthdays, and one celebrates the freedoms that one possesses on independence day.

i see his attempt to put certain people down as hypocritical. he wishes to enjoy all the freedoms of our nation while saying "oh, but some people with the same color of skin as you wronged some people with the same color of skin as me generations ago".

if he did not have the same rights and freedoms as everyone else, i would understand his statement, but it is currently hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What point are you trying to make?

holidays celebrate what one currently has. respectfully, one celebrates how many years of life they've had, (and are currently at) on birthdays, and one celebrates the freedoms that one possesses on independence day.

i see his attempt to put certain people down as hypocritical. he wishes to enjoy all the freedoms of our nation while saying "oh, but some people with the same color of skin as you wronged some people with the same color of skin as me generations ago".

if he did not have the same rights and freedoms as everyone else, i would understand his statement, but it is currently hypocritical.

Independence day is about celebrating July 4th, 1776. Whatever else the American people make out of it, is their own. And in 1776, Black people were slaves. So there's little to NO reason for black people to celebrate that day with you because that was the worst year of their existence. Same goes with the Indians and their betrayal by the American Government. If you want to celebrate America as it is today..feel free to create a different holiday. Like you say, that was then, this is now.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My God. When will the whining end.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

right.....this is the mindset most people have towards blacks today....ive come to the conclusion that we will never get pass this race problem until an alien invasion or something wild happens to the human race and we are forced to work together...until then...blacks are just whining....nothing to see here

peace

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
If you phase your mind into the past collective ... and consider extreme conditions it is illogical to assume then in far past that man how ever divided worked together to basically survive overcome these racist issues why overcoming more ... extreme issues to exist now. And so the potential exist for All man to coexist respectfully its just the ignorance is strong in many.
edit on 7/5/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm racist because worldstarhiphop exists, the footage therein, and the neanderthals that glorify it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Independence day is about celebrating July 4th, 1776. Whatever else the American people make out of it, is their own. And in 1776, Black people were slaves. So there's little to NO reason for black people to celebrate that day with you because that was the worst year of their existence. Same goes with the Indians and their betrayal by the American Government. If you want to celebrate America as it is today..feel free to create a different holiday. Like you say, that was then, this is now.

you're confusing "anniversary" with "holiday".

july 4th is the anniversary of the declaration of independence. the holiday is what we celebrate.

my ansestors were enslaved to build the pyramids, they were persecuted, and persecuted others, they killed, and were killed themselves. however i am not them, i am me.

i'm a very strange mix. i have american indian in me (a substantial amount, and though i don't look it, the genetic markers are there if one knows where to look), i have german, jewish, scotch, and english blood as well.

if i were the sum of my genetic heritage, the jewish side would be pissed at the german parts, the english would end up killing my american indian, and the scotch would end up doing battle with what was left.

on july 4, 1776 the declaration of independence was issued and held such values as "all men are created equal". today i can celebrate that our nation holds this as true, OR i can delve into the past and bring up a hundred different wrongs that were committed against my ancestors and use these as an excuse to be angry and demand things from people who did nothing wrong to me.

anyone who picks the second option is a fool.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

you're confusing "anniversary" with "holiday".

july 4th is the anniversary of the declaration of independence. the holiday is what we celebrate.

my ansestors were enslaved to build the pyramids, they were persecuted, and persecuted others, they killed, and were killed themselves. however i am not them, i am me.

i'm a very strange mix. i have american indian in me (a substantial amount, and though i don't look it, the genetic markers are there if one knows where to look), i have german, jewish, scotch, and english blood as well.

if i were the sum of my genetic heritage, the jewish side would be pissed at the german parts, the english would end up killing my american indian, and the scotch would end up doing battle with what was left.

on july 4, 1776 the declaration of independence was issued and held such values as "all men are created equal". today i can celebrate that our nation holds this as true, OR i can delve into the past and bring up a hundred different wrongs that were committed against my ancestors and use these as an excuse to be angry and demand things.

anyone who picks the second option is a fool.

I'm not angry and I'm not demanding anything. It is a holiday celebrating that year and that year only. 'all men are created equal' did not include them. Just stating fact. Just like you'll never convince a Jew to celebrate a Nazi holiday, likewise you will not get everyone on board for the year 1776. Why is that so difficult to understand?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have lurked on this forum for over a year.
I've learned an array of historical facts and a re-introduction of sorts, to American History.

Knowing the racial makeup of most posters, I never allowed this fact to impair my acknowledging truths and dissemination of information.

However, THIS thread, made me sign-up.

The sheer arrogance (in their ignorance) by some people in this thread is expected but still obtuse!

Racism is a social construct.

Black people can be racist but have NO POWER, to enforce their racism.
What group of black people have enslaved or ruled another "RACE," of people, SOLELY on the belief that their black skin is superior so by that mire fact ALONE, all others are inferior?

I'll wait...exactly!

White people have a right to love themselves.
However, when you BELIEVE THAT YOUR SKIN COLOR, makes you superior that's a problem.
Seeing as though, most positions of influence/power are held by Anglos, when there's evidence of a eugenics apparatus being used, it's hard to achieve racial harmony.

In lamens terms, white people / * NON- AFRICANS* have been taught that they are superior and all non-Europeans are inferior.
Thus, a system of prejudice has been enforced and coerced into existence by the powers that be.

What many of you are confusing seems to be prejudice v racism.

The N word, music, sports, has nothing to do w/ racism.

Like this Paula Deen debacle, instead of RESEARCHING the FACTS, some of you have followed your prejudice into believing that she simply used the n-word.

However, THE DEPOSITION states; she had blacks employed at her restaurants use separate bathrooms, wanted to have a slave-themed wedding, made offensive jokes against JEWS & BLACKS and created a hostile work environment by enforcing RACSIM! ie; only WHITE MEN could be managers...etc.
The women suing IS WHITE!

As a young women who identifes as "BLACK," the ignorance that permeates the thoughts expressed on this post is the exact cause of the (current) moral decline of society.

Instead of having an honest discussion about race; some of you choose to exemplify your racial tolerance by; " living In The "inner" city, having black friends (my fav!), listening to "gangsta-rap..."

What does the above have to do with RACISM??? Are your black friends denying you basic rights? Is not saying the N word freely, infringing upon your freedom?

Please help me understand this white plight & can someone have the courage to address WHY Anglos desire to use the N-word so badly?

Love & Light,
Inferior Me...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

an·ni·ver·sa·ry /ˌanəˈvərsərē/ Noun The date on which an event took place in a previous year. The date on which a country or other institution was founded in a previous year.

hol·i·day /ˈhäliˌdā/ Noun A day of festivity or recreation when no work is done. Verb Spend a holiday in a specified place: "he is holidaying in Italy".

i am not angry either. i understand that certain races, one of which i descended from, were not given the same rights when the declaration of independence was first created.

what i celebrate is that today i am free, as are others. i celebrate that the truths in the DoI have been fully realized. i don't cling to wrongs of the past committed by the dead.

the absolute worst thing anyone could do is say "hey, remember that time over a hundred years ago when people of your skin color mistreated people of my skin color? well it's my turn now."

at some point, the injured party must say "it's over and done. let's move forward and not make the same mistakes" and i think chris is a fool for taking dead issues in the past and bringing them into the present.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddguy

right.....this is the mindset most people have towards blacks today....ive come to the conclusion that we will never get pass this race problem until an alien invasion or something wild happens to the human race and we are forced to work together...until then...blacks are just whining....nothing to see here

No one EVER, NEVER tells the Jews to "forget their past" but everyone and their uncle want the blacks to "stop whining and to just forget"?

SMH

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by Baddguy

No one EVER, NEVER tells the Jews to "forget their past" but everyone and their uncle want the blacks to "stop whining and to just forget"?

SMH

I'm a Jew. I don't run around snivelling about the Nazis. It happened. So what. It's history. You move on.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by suz62

My point is no one even dares questions what happens to the Jews. It was an atrocity and most people understand this. It would be nice to know this same sentiment was recognized across the board instead of being questioned and trivialized.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join