It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZONTAR
Yes but black americans don't veiw black americans as racist only white and hispanic veiw black americans as racist, I am sure. What about asian americans? Are they getting a free pass on the racist bandwagon? Obviously this is a racist post for even talking about racism. And don't even think about using the "N" word unless you are black, then it's prefectly OK to call yourself a n$$$er. Is it OK to call a white person a "Cracker or a White Honky" if your not white? Do you get my point? How feakin absurd this all is?

very true.. until one group no longer has "trump cards" the other races will continue to see it all as BS.. just used to get something from something.

I will PROMISE, that after working numerous jobs where i was pretty much the only white guy..

Blacks can say cracker.. thats OK
Latinos can say gringo .. thats OK
Chinese can say gwilo .. thats OK

come to southern california, walk around, mingle.

see, its all OK.. until one group uses a slur.. then its all an uproar... that fact alone cause many whites to galvanize their views

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The level of ignorance in this thread is appalling, if not completely expected.

The thread may as well be titled "More Americans That Answer Surveys Are Racist", considering when you actually look at what is being said, it is clear that what is being reviewed isn't whether or not people see others as racist, but whether or not they themselves are racist by answering idiotically racist surveys.

The moment you start seeing another group of humans as more or less than another, dehumanization is upon you.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Yea, I know. People keep acting as if Black people were the only slaves in America and that white people need to make up for Black slavery even though not a single one of them took part in it.

The thread may as well be titled "More Americans That Answer Surveys Are Racist", considering when you actually look at what is being said, it is clear that what is being reviewed isn't whether or not people see others as racist, but whether or not they themselves are racist by answering idiotically racist surveys.

So answering a survey regarding race automatically makes you racist, now?

People can make observations about groups of people without being bitter/hateful towards a race.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
People can make observations about groups of people without being bitter/hateful towards a race.

So, what makes these observations about different races of people NOT racist if the only difference between these groups are race?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

edit on 8-7-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So, what makes these observations about different races of people NOT racist if the only difference between these groups are race?

You can observe different tendencies between races without being bigoted about it.

The bigger question is, what makes them ignorant?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You can observe different tendencies between races without being bigoted about it.

Are you kidding me right now? Racial profiling isn't racist?

Wow.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Wow.

take the trayvon zimmerman saga.. we have articles about how black youth are twittering about killing whites, attacking whites, etc..

and the only way for reasonable rational adults to have a conversation or debate about it is to use terms familiar and yes, speak in general terms.

answer me this, does your Id feel better after your posts? I mean you fed your ego and all did it taste good?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

It is more than ironic since Zimmerman is more Hispanic than white.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

Wow.

take the trayvon zimmerman saga.. we have articles about how black youth are twittering about killing whites, attacking whites, etc..

and the only way for reasonable rational adults to have a conversation or debate about it is to use terms familiar and yes, speak in general terms.

answer me this, does your Id feel better after your posts? I mean you fed your ego and all did it taste good?

I like everything you said there.. and the quoting of my post really stroked my ego.. but the best part was your lack of attacking my point and answering my question, in favor of attacking me.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

So what if it does fall under the blanket term of "racism". All racism really means anymore is that you don't like Obama, right?

I don't care what you call it, I'm still going to talk about it. Sorry, Oprah.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So what if it does fall under the blanket term of "racism". All racism really means anymore is that you don't like Obama, right?

I don't care what you call it, I'm still going to talk about it. Sorry, Oprah.

Oh, by all means, talk about it. I encourage you to talk about it. Just understand what it is you are talking about. What this survey has outlined is that people see one race as more racist than others.. which is a racist opinion. That's all. You're hyperbole on the subject is noted, but I'm ultimately dismissing as not worth discussing.

Racism means you don't like Obama? Your priviledge is showing.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

As is your lack of a sense of humour.

Tell me, when you think about it deeply, though, who do you think is more racist overall? Or is any "racist survey" not worth thinking about or discussing simply because you can throw the "racist" label at it?

And I'll ask it again: how is it ignorant? I really don't think it is.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Kinda just sounds like you need to get over yourself.

I think you are just struggling with the results of the survey

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As is your lack of a sense of humour.

Tell me, when you think about it deeply, though, who do you think is more racist overall? Or is any "racist survey" not worth thinking about or discussing simply because you can throw the "racist" label at it?

And I'll ask it again: how is it ignorant? I really don't think it is.

I've got a racist joke for you, friend. Q: What do you call a black doctor? A: A doctor, you racist.

How is it ignorant? Accessing such a broad series of indicators involving everything from socio-economic levels, perceived slights, cultural discrepancies, ingrouping, religious intolerances, and of course, skin color, and having people answer a survey... seriously consider the survey... to weigh in with an opinion as to which skin color is more racist against other skin colors.. the question itself asking the participant to give a response based solely on skin color cannot help but be flawed and the results seen as they are... ignorantly biased to reflect those with predetermined racism.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

I'm never upset with not being in the majority opinion, especially not on ATS. Get over myself, perhaps, but there isn't anywhere to go but down.

Struggling? I accept racism as it is. The idea is here is that a good majority cannot see the survey itself as racist, that's the problem here.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Because there is a difference between simply noticing the various differences between races versus a belief that one race is superior or inferior to another.

I think you don’t know the common definition of racism.

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior.
en.wikipedia.org...

Police can use racial profiling without being racist as long as they hold no animus towards the race being profiled. Maybe those who can’t make the distinction and exercise a little common (not so common apparently) sense are the real racists. You know, like the people who throw the race card around like a Vegas card dealer. There are a few people like that in this thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Because there is a difference between simply noticing the various differences between races versus a belief that one race is superior or inferior to another.

I think you don’t know the common definition of racism.

Racism is usually defined as views, practices and actions reflecting the belief that humanity is divided into distinct biological groups called races and that members of a certain race share certain attributes which make that group as a whole less desirable, more desirable, inferior, or superior.
en.wikipedia.org...

Police can use racial profiling without being racist as long as they hold no animus towards the race being profiled. Maybe those who can’t make the distinction and exercise a little common (not so common apparently) sense are the real racists. You know, like the people who throw the race card around like a Vegas card dealer. There are a few people like that in this thread.

Wow.

You have actually proven my entire point and don't have the understanding to see it.

en.wikipedia.org...

Let's just bold the material that is relevant to this discussion.

You don't see how answering a survey about which race you think is racist based solely on your opinion of other races is inherently racist.. even within the confines of the limited definition you just posted? The people answering this survey posited a belief that races exist and that some have less desirable attributes (i.e. Are more racist.)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

OMG, we have disagreed on some things... so this isnt shilling,... You NAILED IT !

spot on, "just struggling with the results"

until people get over the PC-ness, serious things we cant resolve.. fingers in ears, la-la-la only works for children. As soon as a word or topic thats "negative" or bad, attack all angles until the conversation is where it should be,
"who looks better, kate or pippa?" or "an entitled spoiled overpaid athlete did something NUTS", etc.

and attacking us for discussing something sanely is his 'la-la-la", but he aint gonna drown us out

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Double

edit on 8-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join