It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by TDawgRex

I think the Polarization in the Political World, has its ripples in our daily lives.

I don't think this is by mistake, because a divided Nation is only good for BIG Government. MHO

LMAO

Please explain how

Because i would have thought it was absolutely obvious a divided nation was no good for anybody looking at Egypt, Syria & the former Yugoslavia

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by sonnny1

I think the Polarization in the Political World, has its ripples in our daily lives.

I don't think this is by mistake, because a divided Nation is only good for BIG Government. MHO

LMAO

Please explain how

Because i would have thought it was absolutely obvious a divided nation was no good for anybody looking at Egypt, Syria & the former Yugoslavia

Divide and Conquer.

They still use it to keep people dividing themselves into groups and fighting about trivial things. So while everyone is distracted and fighting they can keep doing things like running off with all the friggin money.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

And the most telling line from the Rasmussen report is:

Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Who would'a thunk: Republicans are 20% more likely than Democrats to consider blacks racists, and 15% less likely than Democrats to consider whites racist. [Yes, I am incorrectly conflating probabilities with statistics here, with my verbiage, but I am trying to make as plain a comparison of statistics as possible].

I find it hilarious and very telling that only 12% of conservatives/Republicans consider whites racist and that four times as many consider blacks racist. That's the heart of the matter right there.

I'd be very curious to know similar percentages for who consider themselves vs. others to be religious bigots. I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that Republicans and Christians don't consider themselves bigots, but think that people of other religions AND atheists are.

Glad I got my comment in before this thread got shut down...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Any group that is ignorant and arrogant is usually racist. This applies to a subset of whites as well as a subset of blacks.I think people can become racist from some bad personal experience. But the BIGGEST single contributor to racism is parents. A racist is taught, not born. I remember standing in line once to pay my electric bill and a black women with a boy about four or five was standing in line in front of me. I sort of smiled down at him and he looked up at me and said "we don't like white man". I looked at his mother and just shook my head. I wanted to say something to her about not teaching her kid to hate, but I am sure it would have been a big scene so I didn't bother. But here this kid is basically being taught to hate another race, and I have the negative experience of seeing such a young little boy spout hatred without knowing what he is saying. Also when I lived in that area, which was about 75 percent black, I got called cracker once or twice, for no reason at all other than I was a white guy shopping or out running errands, they saw me, and called me a cracker. In a period of living in a black neighborhood over about 12 years, it happened twice. Did the experience make me hate blacks? No But its that kind of thing from both sides that perpetuates racism.
edit on 6-7-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I believe everyone is racist. Black, white, hispanic. The question is, do they have the intestinal fortitude to admit it to themselves, and work to overcome it.

Nothing worse than seeing THAT guy. Or girl. We all have seen him/her. Usually sipping a machiatto/latte/raspberry/half-caff/something or another, waxing poetic about how "I don't see race at all. I'm color blind!"

Bullsh*t.

They just refuse to look deep down into themselves and admit what they see there.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I once expressed my opinion that I would rather ride with a black cop than I white one. I was called racist. What is strange about this is that I was not basing my statement on purely the persons color, but on the undeniable history of white cops to be violent, oppressive, and abusive.

Don't ignore history, people. It explains a lot and can teach you some things. That is, if you have access to the right history...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What group of black people have enslaved or ruled another "RACE," of people, SOLELY on the belief that their black skin is superior so by that mire fact ALONE, all others are inferior?

None.

There was also no group of white people who did that, either.

Actually, white people were the majority of slaves at a time, but then they determined that BLACK PEOPLE actually had the SUPERIOR SKIN for working outside all day, so Black people became the better product. Also, the Black slaves were sold to the American plantations by other BLACK africans who weren't slaves. It's not like ALL white people owned ALL black people. Saying there's grounds for bitterness toward white people is strictly asinine. Nobody alive right now in America owns a slave or was a slave. I'd ask you to "forget about it and let the wound heal", but you literally have nothing to forget.

As a young women who identifes as "BLACK," the ignorance that permeates the thoughts expressed on this post is the exact cause of the (current) moral decline of society.

Amazing how it's others' ignorance that is the problem, yet you don't even know what you're talking about. It's always someone else's fault; exactly what they teach you every October.

Educate: White Slaves in Early America

What does the above have to do with RACISM??? Are your black friends denying you basic rights? Is not saying the N word freely, infringing upon your freedom?

Not saying the N word? I call my white friends that word all of the time.

Please help me understand this white plight & can someone have the courage to address WHY Anglos desire to use the N-word so badly?

Because it's hilarious and it doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I don't think "racism" is something human beings are capable of getting over. I think our brains are programmed to say "Hey! This guy doesn't look just like I do! Something is wrong!"

Who cares what you think? Don't tell me what I can or cannot think about someone, I'm free to judge anyone in any way I wish. If I want to have a negative general opinion regarding an entire ethnicity, that's my choice, and you have no place telling me what the think.

The problem is when people ACT on those thoughts.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow, some of the replies so far are just saddening.

Racism itself is quite saddening, and it is also just one of the many ways that TPTB keep humanity separated.

Human beings aren't born racist, it's conditioned in us by our family and friends. A human child is pure innocence and love, incapable of separating itself from anyone else. The way we separate ourselves, even by our NAMES, is conditioned.

If we would just be taught love, empathy, compassion and acceptance from day one then we would never even get to a place where our minds would accept racism as a conditioned thought pattern.

The color of our skin............such a ridiculous way to keep ourselves apart from one another.

WE ARE ALL GOD, regardless of our name, color, age, religion etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CSpitta

/ * NON- AFRICANS* have been taught that they are superior and all non-Europeans are inferior.

I don't believe that at all, I don't know anyone that was taught that they were superior.

I don't think it is racism but tribalism.

However, even a back tribe waring against another black tribe may have an air if superiority. Different religious sects have these same feelings of superiority, and fear.

Survival of the tribe affects everyday issues you would never suspect, from politics to religion to love.

It is a very complicated issue, and the people in charge of this planet are able to use our natural tribal instincts against us.

edit on 113131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
People are focused on the words racism and racist. I don't see many actually trying to understand the root of the problem. Here's how I see it...

People don't judge or hate other people simply because of their appearance, although that does come into play. Life experiences turn you off to certain types of people. If you've had bad experiences at the expense of people of a certain race repeatedly then chances are you're going to dislike people of the same race. It has nothing to do with color of skin, other than an easy way to identify a group of people. It has more to do with behavior and cultural differences than anything.

Nothing is ever accomplished with the racism argument because, news flash, it's human nature and will always exist. If you just think color of skin is the problem, then you're not looking at the core issues. It all comes down to this... people of all races have their own culture. Each has their own sub-set of heathens that people just love to hate. To dislike a person because you see the tell-tale warning signs; the way they dress, the way they act, the things they say... is common sense and survival of the fittest if you really think about it.

Now to lump a whole race into a particular stereotype (by the way, stereotypes are based on truth) is probably just blanket racism, a rarer form, because most people don't hate a whole race.

If you don't like the way people act, it's your choice to dislike them and stick to your own. To try to force yourself to get along with people you don't like (because of culture, the way they are) is pointless.

America is a melting pot, but it's always been segregated and for the most part happy. There's nothing wrong with that. If people of difference races want to get together there's nothing wrong with that either. To each their own.

I think it's time we dismiss the whole "racism because of skin color" argument, because it's more defined than that and it is most likely that skin color is just something that goes along with the character of a set of people (again, culture, actions, etc), which is what you really have a problem with.

I see more blanket black against white racism than the other way around. The problem is, because this is a white created and driven society, many blacks don't want to integrate with it. That means we will probably always have a problem with black racism. When whites become a minority there will be another excuse on down the line.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freth

I don't believe it is a racial issue at all but something deeper, although in some cultures even people from the same ethnic background are shunned because of their skin tone.

frick who knows, we're all nuts.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Comparing second or third World Countries to ours?

All those countries have even weaker Governments and even weaker leadership then in the US.

Some Governments have a little more backbone to them.....

But don't worry......

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by Freth

I don't believe it is a racial issue at all but something deeper, although in some cultures even people from the same ethnic background are shunned because of their skin tone.

Racism isn't as simple as lumping every person who exhibits a dislike for another person as a person who dislikes skin tone or a particular race. Yes, there are people who blindly hate another race and those people were probably taught by their parents to think that way. That's blind racism in my opinion. Now there's another set of people who could be classified as racists because they dislike a certain race's culture or the way they talk or act. Generally, in this case, it has nothing to do with the color of skin, but cultural differences. To call someone a racist because they can't stand being around a certain type of person, might not be anywhere near the truth.

Character begets the way you're treated. It's common sense to stay away from people you dislike. Now just because, for instance, I may not like the culture of a certain race, doesn't mean I hate that race, I just don't like the way they are and so I stick to myself and avoid them. It doesn't mean there aren't nice people that I could get along with, it just means I choose not to associate with a certain type of people. In my own race, I prefer not to associate with a certain type of people, it's the same thing. Skin color has no bearing, but because the culture exists for that race/skin color only, it is considered the primary reason. That is NOT racism, it's choosing who you care to be around.

While we're on the subject... people who try to force different races together for the sake of multiculturalism are living in a fantasy. You can't force people together and expect them to like each other. It doesn't work. Now if two people like each other and get along, that's great. It has to occur naturally and there has to be common ground, or it doesn't work.

If you don't dislike some group of people somewhere, because of culture, mindset, speech or some other attribute other than skin color, then you're not human. People like to focus on that skin color, but most of the time that argument doesn't hold water. If you really think about it, ultimately it isn't racism at all. Yet people will sit on their high horse and call you a racist, not caring for the real reasons, just trying to make themselves feel less guilt about their own dislike of others.
edit on 6-7-2013 by Freth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freth

reply to post by Freth

Racism isn't as simple as lumping every person who exhibits a dislike for another person as a person who dislikes skin tone or a particular race. Yes, there are people who blindly hate another race and those people were probably taught by their parents to think that way. That's blind racism in my opinion. Now there's another set of people who could be classified as racists because they dislike a certain race's culture or the way they talk or act. Generally, in this case, it has nothing to do with the color of skin, but cultural differences. To call someone a racist because they can't stand being around a certain type of person, might not be anywhere near the truth.

Character begets the way you're treated. It's common sense to stay away from people you dislike. Now just because, for instance, I may not like the culture of a certain race, doesn't mean I hate that race, I just don't like the way they are and so I stick to myself and avoid them. It doesn't mean there aren't nice people that I could get along with, it just means I choose not to associate with a certain type of people. In my own race, I prefer not to associate with a certain type of people, it's the same thing. Skin color has no bearing, but because the culture exists for that race/skin color only, it is considered the primary reason. That is NOT racism, it's choosing who you care to be around.

While we're on the subject... people who try to force different races together for the sake of multiculturalism are living in a fantasy. You can't force people together and expect them to like each other. It doesn't work. Now if two people like each other and get along, that's great. It has to occur naturally and there has to be common ground, or it doesn't work.

If you don't dislike some group of people somewhere, because of culture, mindset, speech or some other attribute other than skin color, then you're not human. People like to focus on that skin color, but most of the time that argument doesn't hold water. If you really think about it, ultimately it isn't racism at all. Yet people will sit on their high horse and call you a racist, not caring for the real reasons, just trying to make themselves feel less guilt about their own dislike of others.

Beautiful post, freth.

Add control and power too, I just read this article about Egypt, Egypt's Islamist split which reminded me of the wars Caucasian against Caucasian, christian against christian, so since they are not connected by a common skin color or religious belief it has to be something else that divides them.

edit on 123131p://bSaturday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Beautiful post, freth.

Add control and power too, I just read this article about Egypt, Egypt's Islamist split which reminded me of the wars Caucasian against Caucasian, christian against christian, so since they are not connected by a common skin color or religious belief it has to be something else that divides them.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

A little more on the subject...

Therefore, if it can't be called racism, it must be culturalism.

If you think about the base arguments of racism, they're always associated with skin color. It's by design! You see, if we focus on skin color and spend our time gasping and saying "for shame" to each other, we ignore obvious problems altogether and focus on demonizing each other. Nothing ever gets accomplished.

My culturalism at a glance...

Black Culture
-I dislike thug culture, because of its blight on society, how it turns kids into criminals.
-I dislike ebonics, because it is counter-productive to progress in society. Dialects don't adversely affect success, ebonics does.
-I dislike the double standard and the outright hate from blacks against whites.
-I dislike the victim mentality and the refusal to change.
-I dislike arrogant attitudes and fake personalities.
-I dislike the focus on fast track to big money and materialism.
-I dislike people who have no respect for their fellow man.
-I dislike unqualified people on government assistance, who could be working and chipping in.

White Culture (my race)
-I dislike trailer trash culture where it devolves into sexual deviance, drug use and criminality.
-I dislike materialism and yuppie mentality.
-I dislike people who have no respect for their fellow man.
-I dislike unqualified people on government assistance, who could be working and chipping in.
*NOTE: I do identify with the country culture, which some people call redneck.

Mexican Culture
-I dislike the lack of effort to assimilate/speak English.
-I dislike illegal aliens getting benefits actual Americans should be getting.

Note how some items pertain to all races listed. None of these things make me a racist. None of these things have to do with the color of skin, but because character and skin go hand in hand, because of culture which is also race dependent, it's lumped in as racism.

As you can see, the whole racism argument is flawed unless you look deeper. There is outright racism (as seen on tweets of people wanting to kill Zimmerman, for instance), but there's also culturalism and shades in between. (pun intended) Know the difference, people.

As for the subject of the thread, yes, I do believe there is way more outright racism from blacks than from whites and Hispanics. If you research black on white crime vs white on black crime, you'll find some disturbing statistics. If racism isn't involved in those statistics then I've got a private island I can sell you.

Here's a side story...

Somewhere in the early part of this last decade, I joined AOL's website/forum called Black Voices. I joined so that I could read what black people were talking about and maybe jump in on some of the conversations with a white voice. I did just that. I commented in a number of threads, outlining what the problems were that were causing this and that. I was accused of being a racist and of not understanding because I'm white. So... I created a "black" account and named it in such a way that there would be no question that I was "black". I covered many of the same arguments in the same threads, but from the "black" perspective. You know what I got? Agreement and acknowledgement. A humorous side note... somehow my white account was chosen for member of the day. Imagine the front page with my mug plastered on it. The outrage was delicious. I still have a snapshot of it that I cherish to this day. LOL What I learned: People will not admit their own faults if told by a different race, they have to hear it from their own people. Change has to come from within.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Good.

I hate to play the "Jaded childhood" card, but after what I experienced in Vine middle school (look the place up), it doesn't surprise me.

Yet, somehow it only makes news if whites preform a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxNightAngelusxX
Good.

I hate to play the "Jaded childhood" card, but after what I experienced in Vine middle school (look the place up), it doesn't surprise me.

Yet, somehow it only makes news if whites preform a hate crime.

We are shaped by our experiences. My family had numerous items stolen over the years. All of the culprits were black. In school I was an easy target for ridicule by blacks. I was only every physically bullied by whites though. Experiences paint a picture and when you go through that, sure it shapes who you are. I don't hate, despite it, but that old saying... Once bitten, twice shy... Or better is fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. It is all relevant and pertinent.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The new generations have been so conditioned to not be racist that the tables have turned on blacks; they become the focus of race because they want it that way. Also, their own racism is magnified by the fact that the new generation doesn't think about race, but get it thrown at them regularly. The country has moved forward with the younger generation. It is blacks who have not.

I do believe sooner or later the cries of racism will be surpassed by the voice of people who know better and call it for what it is. There is also a powder keg in America that is just waiting for the right spark. People are sick of it. The movement that started for equality has gone past the center point (equality) and has been stretched to the point where people look and say, wait a minute, this is crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Polls are pretty silly and skewed depending on where the poll is taken. To say 1000 people represent what 360 million Americans think is baseless propaganda. Please remember it was not the black or native people who could not get along with the white Europeans it was the white Europeans who enslaved the blacks and tried to wipe out the native Americans along with half the rest of the world. I'm pretty sure if you polled 3/4th of the worlds population you would find its the Europeans who are more racist which has not changed for the last 2000 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join