It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I know, I know. I thought long and hard prior to posting this due to it potentially inflammatory contents.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

It's a poll that only encompasses 1000 people so as far as I am concerned, it is only a ping on the radar. But one of the pings raised my eyebrows.

Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

That doesn't bode well in my opinion. It tells me that we are becoming even more divided.

I believe that this is actually more of a socio-economic and socio-cultural thing that is driving this. These are things that are not easily fixed.

As always, be polite and listen (read) to others prior to posting. I ask that people reply rationally rather than emotionally when replying. Thanks.
edit on 4-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: I'm a Dawg, I don't have opposing thumbs.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oh boy..... This could get interesting.You just dropped a single piece of meat in a cage full of ravenous dogs. And you knew exactly what you were doing.I too, in some morbid way, am interested in the outcome.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yea, I read this, was to afraid to post it .

I was never called a racist in my life until I started posting my views on Obama.

I had no idea many black people were still harboring such great animosity towards whites, until he came into the picture, I didn't know that people like Wright were preaching hate from the pulpits.

I thought we had or were moving ahead in this country when it comes to racial issues,

edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yea, I read this, was to afraid to post it .

I was never called a racist in my life until I started posting my views on Obama.

I thought we had or were moving ahead in this country when it comes to racial issues,

edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Same here. It wasn't until I left the military that others started calling me racist because I took an opposing view. But I think that the name calling is due to a lack of rational thinking on the others part and when they understand that they are losing a debate, they resort to a emotional backlash, which usually derails any intelligent conversation.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I understand that there seems to be a feeling that someone is losing ground to someone else, but it is only natural. I say embrace it, allow for new ideas to flourish in a heterogenous way. The old ways are gone and cannot come back.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

With the recent vote on the Voting Rights Act and the subsequent actions in the South that specifically target lower-income and non-white voters, I've got to say that I think racism is alive and well.

I do think most of the racial tension is generally between older white people and younger black people. The older white people being those who are targeting black voters and the younger black people being those who are targeted... I've got to say, if I were a black person hoping to do something to turn this country around and a bunch of old white-haired gents were doing their best to keep me away from the polls, I would be preaching some hate, too.

I really hate the way racial relations in this country are. It's so convoluted and the history is so emotional, it's REALLY difficult to have a decent discussion on it even between a few people. How are we ever to hope to have a nationwide discussion about it that goes anywhere positive?

It's so, so sad...

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
join the military and you WILL SEE IT!..... Especially the Army or Navy. all that have served can attest to this.

Or, ANY college, not just the "Black" colleges.

a BIG part of this racist attitudes by SOMEWTF dude(s)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Things like this need to be discussed amongst ALL racial groups in America, both within each group and with the other groups. It's seems all of us have this "Well if we don't talk about it, it's not there" mentality about race relations. We ALL could and can do a better job of thinking twice before we act and speak.

I'd personally be interested the the further demographic breakdowns of the results, but you have to be a platinum member of that site.

I would guess age and financial status have huge bearings on the results.

That people are afraid to even want to talk or post about this poll tells you something about the state of race relations in our country.

Both political parties do a fabulous job of further inciting things........ A pox of both parties for that. They should both be ashamed of the tactics they use.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

join the military and you WILL SEE IT!..... Especially the Army or Navy. all that have served can attest to this.

I served 30+ years. I did see it, but was never accused of it (well, once, but it was a complaint by a couple of subordinates that didn't go far as it was shown that I treated everybody the same). As a NCO...I was a equal opportunity hater.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think that I am culturally racist (if there is such a thing). I don't care about Religion nor Race, but rather the actions of the individual. The actions of one makes or breaks it for me.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I grew up watching the civil rights movement the ONE time I said the "N" word in my house my face was slapped to the side of my head and then it was explained to me exactly what the word was for and meant.
Dr King and Malcom wanted us to be together as equals we are.However I would submit the black guys are RULING sports which I'm ok with too.
If skin is an issue to you.You are an obstructionist plain and simple.Racism isn't dead yet but it is to me, don't call me down with such a waste of conversation ,I got no time.

We all have our pet peeves but if it's skin you WILL get your ass kicked until it's not,or you get to die violently or go to jail.No loss to the rest of us.
However a##holes come in many wrappings if you are one of these,the world wants to kick your a##.
Not skin pigmentation just you.
edit on 4-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
AG Eric Holder scolded whites for cowardice in re talking about race.
Paula Deen made an honest admission of using the 'n' word thirty years ago and look what happened to her.
imho many, many whites are terrified of being honest about race.
one of the supposed advantages of an Obama presidency was that it would help heal race relations. it hasn't.
we have severe economic problems in this country and too many working class people blame other working class people for taking 'their pie'. the problem is there isn't enough pie.

working-class blacks seem to blame the entrenched white power system for their lack of opportunitis.
workng-class whites resent working harder and harder and seeing thousands of blacks on welfare etc.
this is a powder keg. I wouldn't be surprised to see major major race conflict in this country very soon.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Quite right, quite. Swinging from the trees might be just what you need in the future...

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

We all have our pet peeves but if it's skin you WILL get your ass kicked until it's not,or you get to die violently or go to jail.No loss to the rest of us.

How civilized! Beating / violently murdering people who dont conform to your way of thinking!

Not really that different from those who have "pet peeves" about "skin", are you?

Not taking sides here... just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I think the Polarization in the Political World, has its ripples in our daily lives.

I don't think this is by mistake, because a divided Nation is only good for BIG Government. MHO

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I went to a 50/50 ratio high school in Illinois and have friends of both white and black, i played basketball and liked gangster rap..[ahh .89-93]

after the 'black history' class freshman year ----->WTF dude(s)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I think that I am culturally racist (if there is such a thing). I don't care about Religion nor Race, but rather the actions of the individual. The actions of one makes or breaks it for me.

I love the different aspect of living in the inner city and the multiculturalism, the loveable but strange characters, it always interesting and I am one of them, can't stand the squeaky clean manicured lawns of the suburbs.for the most part everyone gets along, although I don't know what goes on behind closed doors,

Funny I clean the homes of upper class white liberals,that voted for Obama that wont come into my neighborhood, imagine that.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Racism is plentiful no matter which culture is examined. The idea put forth in the media that Blacks are incapable of being racist is laughable at best, yet it is firmly believed by many.

It's quite disgusting, really.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Not me you fool the world,I just watched it happen to them ad infinitum. I personally don't beat people or kill them as it's rude. I prefer debate and wit but if they seek to include ME in their festivities well ,I'm just a helpless old man with bad lungs what could I possibly do to a large bully...until he gets in arms reach.
There is a learning curve that comes into play when an a##hole walks into a room.He could be any kind of a##hole but he MUST hold himself in such an idea inside his own head that any and all conversations are for the a##hole to argue to their choice and attack the ones who disagree.When these types DO get violent is only when THEY have the upper hand.
Me I was married to a Korean woman, I have many black friends, gay friends and all of them know me as a Klingon who will stand next to them as I can when they need it and to talk me down as well.
Think of me as a lethal nerd.
I am NOT civilized as well as most,I'm too forward.
edit on 4-7-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: Finished my point

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join