It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about the F-18E/F Super Hornet.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ok, but that still applies to the Flankers all versions too.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Navy2001

No, it doesn't. A tech demonstrator doesn't always have the same equipment as the production aircraft. It's a demonstrator. It's where they can test ideas to see if they will work well enough to put them into production or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Ok ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ಠ_ಠ

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navy2001
Yeah i know it was a technology demonstrator. But it's still a variant of the SU-35.

More accurately, it has the number 35 on the end of it. That is the only similarity. Basically everything on the aircraft has changed between the Su-35BM and the Su-35UB. To say that the Su-35UB reflects any Su-35Ss performance is to say that an F-18A would accurately reflect the performance of an E/F. IE it is to say something that it outright wrong.

But i was talking about the both planes armed with A2A missiles.

You also used the word 'fair'. How is the comparison fair when it compares the Super Hornet to an aircraft from decades behind what the thread is actually talking about?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkpr0You also used the word 'fair'. How is the comparison fair when it compares the Super Hornet to an aircraft from decades behind what the thread is actually talking about?

It's fair because in a fight you are armed with A2A missiles. How is the Super Hornet a plane from decades ago?
If it were it would've never been here today. It's a 1990's platform, by the way a 4.5 gen plane. Ohh i love this critic.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Navy2001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Fair is comparing two production aircraft, both armed similarly. You're just comparing a test aircraft to a production aircraft and saying production is better. Although the F-18 isn't a 4.5, it's a 4+. There's a difference between the two.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Alright now

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

What?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The SH is in the same class in A2A as the Typhoon, Rafale, Su-35, Block 60 F-16 and the latest F-15 variants. The SH is able to protect its self against a flanker due to, flight manuals and systems handilings.
All of the aspect, the SH does lack some kinematic performance in air-to-air combat beacuse of the weight and large wing. I wonder if they'll fund in the enhanced performance engine to the Navy. It would really help the SH in kinematic performance by then.

The SH is able to capably handle the latest Flankers or Mikoyan Fulcrum models in a beyond visual or within visual range engagment. As the perspective user (i forgot his name) said that "it's not the platform it's self... it's the systems package".
Without a doubt the SH can beat the Flankers and Fulcrum if the pilots well trained and if the SH has the right things needed. It does have the 9x sidewinder and the nose point ability to be very powerful in a within visual range enagagment. So it's able to successfully handle the Flankers and Fulcrums in a dogfight.

As for the A2A role, there's nothing it lacks in air-to-air(Except the Kinematic Performance with out the enhanced engines). There's the systems package to be successful in a role. The SH has alot of potential abilities in A2A. So the SH is a capable(Viable) and great A2A platform (Thanks to the Systems and Avionics).
edit on 11-7-2013 by Spare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Has the Rhino ever been in a DACT training? It's been classified i think.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A few SH pics

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Beautiful Hornet pics

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Spare

Thanks

new topics