It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing Facebook

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I'm suprised me and many other activists have not yet been arrested for our use of Fookbook - time will tell aye.

Take me to court, and I'll drag em all down with me!

How cute. You think you'd go to court

kidding, or am I?

I've said it before on this forum, they have a system that tracks keywords and flags stuff for everything online.
The system is actually very basic for today's technological standards that we know about.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
i have never seen the need for facebook and still think it is stupid so why do so many still use it .

piss them off go to twitter then bebo that will shock them they need you not you need them .

me i got free text messages who needs mark z not me

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not to mention that big corps buy the face profile of appliers before hiring them.. We are talking everything you ever did, uploaded or was tagged in even if you deleted it. Or maybe its just a rumor??? Naaah... Alot of people working @ face with a possibility of earning some extra cash. At least they have someone to blame

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Actually the majority of the links in my opening post are stories from the UK or US.

It's illegal to call people names in the UK. The US has the 1rst amendment which tends to protect citizens from "hate speech" laws, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

After reading that I have to say that Facebook is hazardous to you constitutional rights and should be take out of the internet.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

...and with ATS's little connect via Facebook icon our new motto should be

'Deny Ignorance, but link to it for the extra revenue'

Bwahahaha... so true. None shall escape the all mighty FB.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Actually the majority of the links in my opening post are stories from the UK or US.

It's illegal to call people names in the UK. The US has the 1rst amendment which tends to protect citizens from "hate speech" laws, etc.

Only the last link involves someone insulting another person, and it's not surprising to see that it occurred in the UK. Trolling happens all over the internet and it's usually anonymous, but if you troll on FB you can be fairly certain that the police will catch up with you, especially if you live in the UK... and that is the point, that FB is used to track down "trolls" and charge people for absolutely pathetic reasons. There is no other service on the internet which has been used so extensively by police to arrest people for stupid reasons. What are you, some sort of FB fanboy?
edit on 4/7/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would rather say that Facebook is exposing human stupidity, and doing a very good job of it

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In 2009 a politician tried to sue me for defamation for me posting a photoshopped picture of them in a Nazi uniform...

Knowing defamation law I lawyered up and he dropped the suit; But most people dont know the law so when they get a cease and desist they often will without challenging it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Facebook and ATS should be like oil and water...but they are not

Facebook's motto should be 'Embrace Ignorance'

...and with ATS's little connect via Facebook icon our new motto should be

'Deny Ignorance, but link to it for the extra revenue'

I agree.

It took me forever to delete my FB profile !

I like your comment, its close to the truth

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I dont see the problem if people are willingly posting things.

If you post certain remarks on a social networking site, you are are liable for criminal prosecution.

It is no different from posting leaflets through thousands of letterboxes saying "God doesn't exist". Don't do it if you live in a country where it can get you in trouble.

You wouldnt stand on a soapbox in Indonesia and slate God, so don't be a keyboard warrior either.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I think there is a massive facebook conspiracy.

I was thinking about it the other day when my wife and I were out getting some lunch at the local chinese restaurant. I was sitting there looking at everyone else in the place and noticed that every single person that was waiting on their food had their phones in the hands txting, typing, whatever. I sat and watched a young couple right next to us sit down, order their food eat it and leave, all without saying a word to each other and all while keeping their phones in their hand.

I think facebook and social media as a whole create the illusion of everyone being friends and connected. I've known folks with hundreds of "friends" on facebook but I bet if they were about to move none of those friends would show up to help. Everyone feels like they have friends and are networking with people but in reality folks are very distant and isolated from one another.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I only use facebook in non-personal ways, e.g., entering giveaways and sweepstakes, using the local yardsale type pages, and for following other pages (humorous or news related) that I find interesting.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Facebook is just the tip of the iceberg. They tend to get the brunt of the heat because they are the McDonalds, as it were, of the Internet - but there are many other companies just as complicit and, in all probability, more dangerous.

This Washington Post article lists the top companies that are known to cooperate with the NSA. Even this, however is a smokescreen IMO of the real danger and damage - as no ISP's or O/S companies are specifically mentioned. A glaring omission to be sure - and a tragic reality. Not only is Facebook logging and reporting upon your behavior ( Not just to the NSA - but to any company with enough $$$ to buy your information ), but chances are that your ISP is also sending information that verifies the FB info and all indications are that the vast majority of computer users are probably seeing that information triple verified by backdoors in their own operating systems.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Part of the fricking problem isn't just the trackability of social media, it's that America is a "teacup" country. Meaning, thanks to 9-11, we're now the country that's accustomed to quaking in fear over the stupidest garbage imaginable, calling every single thing said and done under the sun offensive, wailing when we don't get what we want right the F now, etc. We cannot handle anything like mature adults anymore, we fall apart & freak out at max volume. Simply put, the USA is the land of chickensh** spoiled brats. And we're shocked that the mindset we've cultivated for 12 years has produced laws of excessive overreaction?

I've seen people in games go completely off the deep end & threaten other players with honest physical harm/death. It was quite clear they meant business & would likely follow through if given a chance. This usually results in a forum posting ban, game chat ban, or an outright IP ban. But sarcastic comments on FB get you prison time? WTH?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I'm one of those wackos that never had a Facebook account and never will. I could smell what they were cookin' right from the start.
Me too, never had and I will never have an account on that thing,

because

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Facebook is great for keeping up with past (and now present because you found them on facebook) acquaintances.

I joined Navy groups I was attached to (my squadron and the carrier it was attached to),colleges I attended, high schools ( I'm now friends again with a buddy from 9th and 10th grade!) a Scottish clan, and a few other things.

I would not have seen or heard from 99% of my past friends if not for FB.

I don't post anything on there that's rude or nuts. Its all in how you use it IMHO.

And, if your like me (who lost their wife or live alone) its another way to keep from going insane. I didn't even use face book much at all when my wife was still alive. I just used it to talk too Navy buds and look up new books.

I might go to face book 3 times a week just to check-in.

Anywho...that's me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join