It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most ridiculous conspiracies you have come across

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The "Obama is Osama" theory clinches it for me.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
that there is a nwo and that the illuminati is real
2 ridiculous conspiracy theories

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The official 9/11 story.

Lamest conspiracy ever!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

"The purpose of chemtrails (1) is to infect individuals with nanobots (2), which will then build up inside them miniature receivers capable of receiving control signals from HAARP (3)".
Not on ATS, but linked to by an ATS post.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Peak Oil - 10-20 years away

Western Democracy - The will of the people

Fiat Currency - Fair money with value

NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organisation) - is a peacekeeping force

Start of WWII - To stop the tyrannical Hitler and bring peace to Europe (Not claiming Nazis did not do terrible things, nor defending Hitler)

Of the top of my head, did I do it right
?

Namaste.
edit on 4/7/13 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The flat earth society is a doozy.

Basically they believe that the earth is flat, and that everything NASA has shown us has been doctored to maintain the lie that the earth is round.

It's either that or the Solo conspiracy. We all know Han shot first, not Greedo.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hmm, in all honesty I find a lot of them ridiculous once I start digging into them but I'll list a few off the top of my head, and don't get me wrong, I'm not faulting anyone for believing them, but to me, they are ridiculous.

Reptilian shape shifters. I blame Icke for most of it, and youtube videos with examples of video compression errors or errors from converting PAL to NTSC which is usually an interlacing issue, for the rest of it.

H.A.A.R.P. as a weapons platform. This one needs clarification, the technology could be used as a weapons system, but not as it's currently built, and none of the things people claim are the result of H.A.A.R.P. could have been caused by a radio antenna.

Nibiru or Planet X. Don't buy it. Mostly for the same reasons as the next theory:

N.A.S.A. is hiding the truth and faking missions. There are simply too many ways to verify N.A.S.A.s claims, and there are simply too many amateur astronomers out there would have no reason to be part of a coverup.

Chem-trails. Now, I wasn't going to post it, because at the core, it's not ridiculous. What I do find ridiculous are the claims that normal contrails are chemical elements being sprayed from government jets, military jets, and passenger jets. There's too much science and common sense that has to be overlooked for chem-trails as a chemical depopulation system to be viable. As well, basically every piece of evidence :read pictures for chem-trails has been debunked as either a deliberate hoax, or simply miss-identification.

No Planes were involved in the WTC attack on 911, or drones were used and the real jets were crashed into the ocean, or the people on-board were fake identities who never existed, or a space weapon or mini-nuke brought down the towers, or a ufo. Each one of them is born from pure fantasy with no evidence to support them, at all, so much so that I refer to them as honeypots, deliberately false theories to discredit the ones that might have merit.

The Boston Bombing was faked using paid actors. This is quite possibly the best covered terrorist attack in real time, and definitely the best covered on US soil. There is no evidence to support those theories, while there is ample evidence that the event happened basically as described, people were hurt and killed and I don't believe any of them were paid to pretend as such.

Bob Lazar worked on alien craft secretly held at area 51. Don't buy it, any part of it. Groom lake is an advanced testing ground, and as time progresses we learn more and more about some of the stuff built and tested there, all of which is human tech. Genius in parts, but human and mundane. Bob specifically clearly doesn't understand some basic grad school physics.

I could keep going but I'm going to stop with one, the most ridiculous one in my opinion.

That 19 arab hijackers crashed 2 planes into the WTC and brought it to the ground without the help of well placed agents within the defense department and fire brought WTC1, WTC2, WTC7 to the ground. Much like chem-trails, there's some basic scientific facts that dispute the claims outright, but there is actual evidence that disputes the theory, as well as witnesses. I'm not saying "Bush did 911" and I'm not saying "Israel did 911" and I'm not even saying "Muslim fanatics didn't do 911". I think it's a mix of them all, I think Mossad had a part, possibly in actually recruiting the terrorists, it's not out of their game book. I believe 19 muslim fanatics did indeed fly the jets into buildings, and the ground. But I don't think they knew the whole picture, or knew they were being used. I do think someone within the government / defense department / intelligence community either helped this to take place, or allowed it to take place.

Out of all the conspiracies I've ever encountered, the one stating that 911 happened exactly as the official story states is the most ridiculous, and has the most evidence to the contrary. For me, it even beats out JFK and that for a lot of people is a no brainier.

Before anyone flames me because I poo poo'd on their theory of choice, remember, this is my opinion, I'm not suggesting you change yours. I've come to my conclusions after looking into each one for myself. Each time approaching them as a skeptic but open minded with 2 exceptions:

I didn't believe the official story on JFK when I was taught it in school and in fact, started researching the conspiracy for a report I believe in grade 8.

While I watched the towers collapse live on CTV the morning of 911 I immediately felt something was wrong with the story as it was being dictated.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Great idea for a thread, cheers.

1) Beatles sent to the US to subvert and undermine the morals of American Youth - and that they were members of a British Physcological Warfare Unit.

2) The driver shot JFK. I mean, really? How come no one noticed?

3) Scientology - take your pick!

4) The British Monarchy are reptilian overlords.

5) KFC causes impotence in black males. This is a new one to me so features high up the list. How thick can people be? The Colonel deliberately targets black men.........

Plenty of others too. I always rather liked the theory that Elizabeth 1 was actually a man and that the real Princess Elizabeth had actually died as an infant.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The Moon landing 'hoax' is really beyond silly to me

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7/4/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Every single one of them.

new topics

top topics

join