It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are politicians afraid to say "God" or "kill"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This has been bugging me for a while now -- and it became especially apparent during the Bush/Kerry debates for U.S. President this year.

Why are politicians afraid to say "God" or "kill"?

For example, Bush won't say, "We're going to kill the terrorists" -- he'll say, "We're going to bring the terrorists to justice." Kerry won't say, "We owe our existence to God" -- he'll say, "We owe our existence to The Almighty."

What is it about these two words that scares politicians so much? Local politicians aren't afraid to say them, but national politicans avoid these two words at all costs...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The word "God" has the tendancy to be twisted into an exclusion of other religions. "Kill" on the other hand sounds violent, and it makes the US sound like terrorists to some people. It's all one big competition to see who pisses of the fewest people.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
There is probably a whole LIST of words that they do not use, simply because of the effects those words create in their audience.

And this is to say, they are more concerned with EFFECT than they are with whether what they are saying will increase peoples' understanding of what is true, what is in doubt, and what is left to wonder about.

They obfuscate, for effect. It's just another form of lying.

And I'm sick of it; and I'm sick of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't know, Bush seems to use the word god every other sentance.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
All these liars use whatever words they want, so they can lure the people into doing whatever they like.

One day people will know the truth and shun out these liars and take back what is rightfully ous in the first damn place.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

�As president, I will fight a tougher, smarter, more effective war on terror. My priority will be to find and capture or kill the terrorists before they get us � and I will never take my eye off the ball.�
John Kerry

Kerry said "kill" it a lot. Almost in every speech he gave about terrorists.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The same reason why TV commercials, especially this time of the year, do not say 'Christmas', but "Holiday Season'. The same reason why most of the Hall-Mark cards say 'Seasons Greetings' rather than 'Merry Christmas'. They do not want to offend anyone. That's how they loose points, both in market shares and particularly, voters.

NVBadBoy

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
They use these words when the time is right, and when the audience is just begging for more. Politicians wouldnt say "God" "kill" or other sensitive words to a moderate crowd in a moderate time. But come a holy war, and they're more common that jack rabbits in the springtime.

I don't know what that means, I was just feeling texan.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Another word that seems to be have been conspicuously absent from recent political entities vocabulary is a simple word, LIE. We have seen references to 'exaggeration' 'forgeries' or 'misrepresentation' or 'inaccuracies', but no one has publically had the cajones to actually throw the word LIE out there. Ever wonder why? Becuase of the two party illusion. When the cameras go off, they are all eating the same coporate steak dinners, that's why.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
When the cameras go off, they are all eating the same coporate steak dinners, that's why.

Like I always say, the term "republicrat" really isnt a joke anymore...can someone say new world order?

top topics

join