It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Lurking ! Greetings from Munich to all Personal-Freedom-Lovers here on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hello from germany to all people here an ATS,

since all my mails, sms, internet and shopping behavior is read and I am profiled by forgein intellicence agencies, it came to my mind to stop reading about it and to begin to act. I understand, that now I am here on ATS, that i will be monitored and databanked by them all the time, but to clear up a street of rubbish, you must step into it and start doing something.

I am very interested in the view of american/british people here on the PRISM/NSA/Snowden-case. Here in Germany a big part of society ist more interested in "panem et circensis" (bread and games), but more and more people are getting very bad feelings about their guaranteed civil rights, like personal freedom etc.

Orwells "1984" is one of the most sold books these days in germany, the media echo is immense, everybody is comparing with the STASI-time in east-germany, but still nothing happens on the political stage.

What reactions do you see in the new world, what personal expierences you made with this mess, now that you know, that all your postletters are scanned? what is the next step, give up your right to carry guns? or vote when you have a job, or get an "i-chip" implanted ? Is there a movement for digital freedom-rights in the US?

Please, give me a feedback besides the MSN about your countries! i can not understand, why we all are heading into a digital dictatorship and nobody cares!.....or are were there already?

Thanks for reading (my first internet-post ever!).

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
welcome to ats ... hope you have alot of that good beer they make there handy .. you will need it after reading through posts ..

enjoy your visit .. oh and pay no heed to the men in trencoats and hats lurking in the background .. they claim to be back-up bartenders ..

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Welcome to the crew - all aboard and enjoy the ride!

As you said of Germany, most of the people in the USA are more concerned with bread & circuses (and convenient consumerism) than their liberties. Just this morning, with headlines blaring that all of our snail mail is scanned, there at the coffee counter I observe a young man paying with his virtual wallet, scanning his cell phone screen to pay for his coffee. I couldn't help but think "WHY, when you know that ALL your phone transactions are captured, would you enhance the surveillance data pool by putting your commercial transactions in the mix?" My guess is that even though his bulging wallet on the counter was full of plastic payment cards, it was more convenient just to flash his cell phone virtual wallet.

At least here on ATS most of the members are somewhat aware.... although I doubt we'll ever see anything like the people taking to the streets as was back in the late sixties and early seventies - much less anything remotely similar to what's occurred in Egypt.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by barbarossa76

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Thanks for the feedback.

I think, in the modern digital world we are all lulled sheep. Lulled by our own comfort, presented convenience and the account of our leisure time. Save time is the most important thing, in business and elsewhere. Time is money....

I never attended to a political demonstration on the street, even after fukushima for the withdrawal from the nuclear energy programme. I know, that germany would do it, but about digital freedom, i am not so sure about it. So i will go on the street with my whole family, but in the moment, there are no demonstrations announced.

I must do it for my consience, when my children and grandchildren will ask me in 20 years: what did you against it? at least i can say something...if it is still allowed to do so.

Many people can not imagine the brutal power of this surveillance. If the STASI in former east germany had this opportunities, we would never be reunited. i have many colleagues from east germany, who lived in this system. when i picture them the possibilities of the NSA or the GCHQ nowadays, they shiver and realize the danger for our civil rights and for democracy.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Welcome from across the sea. Glad you joined us

Have a hat....

Enjoy your stay.
-nat

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Hello from germany to all people here an ATS,
Welcome to ATS barbarossa76,